I use BeMaps Pro for walking or public transit, and I sometimes use it for searching for things, and then let it hand the navigation over to BB Maps.

Also it seemed to tell me pretty often to continue ahead on the interstate when there was an exit or split and it was pretty obvious to stay ahead
    And this really is an annoyance, although a minor one. I hope they can fix it.

I've been having trouble getting the latest version of Waze to run on my Passport. Maybe I should try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    12-30-14 09:12 AM
    Or just use the newest Google Maps from Cobalt. Search the forums.

Posted via CB10
    It needs 10.3 to run properly. So it's useless for most people.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    01-03-15 07:01 PM
    Haven't had opportunity to test it myself yet, but from the 1949 find/fix thread...

I just want to thank the BlackBerry gawds for finally making the maps application tell you which side of the street your destination is on.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:06 PM
    I'm going to have to stick with Waze. DC and Maryland deploy many speed and red light cameras and I like to know where they are when I'm driving in unfamiliar areas. Also having the ability for users to report other road hazards in real time is very handy.
    Using Waze heats up my battery.
    Do you experience it?

Posted via CB10 on Z30/10.3.1.1949
    01-03-15 08:27 PM
    Try this. Works pretty good in Chicago.

Check out CamSam in BlackBerry World! You can find it at CamSam - BlackBerry World
    01-03-15 08:31 PM
    I've been using google maps for a long time on my Q10. It's working fine, but eats a lot of battery. Yesterday, I had a long trip and no plug, so I decided to try again BlackBerry Maps. I thought a native app would be more efficient and save battery. I rediscovered it, and was impressed : it has now a better cartography, gets traffic information, directions are clear. It took us to destination as efficiently as the two other cars taking different routes, using different apps.

Maybe I can soon uninstall google maps...

One think I was wondering : why doesn't it use the embedded sensors to keep working under tunnels. Not precise enough ?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    BB Maps is made by Garmin or Tom Tom I forget but its a real gps.

Got me out of a jam and took me the wrong way on purpose to miss a big traffic jam because of an accident. I was very impressed. Now I use both interchangbly.

Some times Google maps is superior when im lost up north. Sometimes the BB one is far superior. So i constantly switch between the 2 depending on situation.
    01-03-15 09:10 PM
    BlackBerry Maps is usable, but I find Google Maps (old 6.8.1 version) more accurate and more often updated (map info). I use both for search and navigation and around Southern Ontario I get very similar results. In GTA though Google Maps does the job much better. BlackBerry has to pay more attention on details. Not in Maps only, in general. For example, when I'm on Square One in Mississauga the Weather app is telling me I'm in Etobicoke. Really? A company in Waterloo Canada doesn't know where Mississauga Canada is?
    It locates the nearest wheather station, the wheather app doesn't pinpoint your location. Just saying.

Cannot choose between glas or plastic keyboard
    01-04-15 01:13 AM
    i use mireo don't panic..it works well, with 2008 interfaces and no point of interests. just showing roads.
    01-05-15 02:59 AM
    Using Waze heats up my battery.
    Do you experience it?

Posted via CB10 on Z30/10.3.1.1949
    It does on my Passport as well, but it did the same thing on my S4.
    01-05-15 07:33 AM
    Only pet peeve I have with BlackBerry Maps, is it always says my destination is straight ahead. Would be wonderful to know right or left, as straight ahead is rarely the correct answer.

I do still have trouble finding a place once in a while, but foursquare is a fantastic supplement, that launches maps from within.
    Now for some reason my foursquare doesn't launch the maps app, and if it does, it shows nothing on the map, I tried everything with no luck, and now that foursquare support is gone, I don't think this will be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 08:44 AM
    Now for some reason my foursquare doesn't launch the maps app, and if it does, it shows nothing on the map, I tried everything with no luck, and now that foursquare support is gone, I don't think this will be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    No problems launching maps, but it hasn't offered to update my BBM profile for weeks.
    01-05-15 08:58 AM
    The main thing that bugs me about BB maps is that you have to enter a search exactly how it's listed.
    Actually, this is an OS-wide problem (you just reminded me: this is something I'd *love* to see fixed). BB10 does not do fuzzy matching. Try using universal search with a misspelled contact name or search term or... You won't find any matches at all; it's incredibly annoying. The only place BB10 does fuzzy matching is in spelling suggestions for a misspelled word.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 09:27 AM
    One must remember this is BB's version of Enterprise ready software. As a BB user for longer than I can remember, BB is really starting to depress me.

And I am an enterprise user.
    Last edited by Powdah; 01-09-15 at 11:36 AM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-08-15 10:24 AM
    Why blackberry maps isn't available in lebanon??

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 11:22 AM
    BlackBerry maps on 10.3.1.1949 now tells you if your destination is on the left or right unless you turn a corner and the building or house is right there. I use it for my delivery job in Kitchener - Waterloo. It works for the most part. I never need to type the whole address out. It's not the most up to date map. I went through a new roundabout and it wasn't on the map. When you're looking at all the addresses in a list the estimate km is not that great, eg. it will say an address is 3.2 km until I click on it to go there and it's actually 4 km away. It's a bit annoying but workable.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:08 PM
    BlackBerry maps on 10.3.1.1949 now tells you if your destination is on the left or right unless you turn a corner and the building or house is right there. I use it for my delivery job in Kitchener - Waterloo. It works for the most part. I never need to type the whole address out. It's not the most up to date map. I went through a new roundabout and it wasn't on the map. When you're looking at all the addresses in a list the estimate km is not that great, eg. it will say an address is 3.2 km until I click on it to go there and it's actually 4 km away. It's a bit annoying but workable.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I noticed that distance issue, but the most annoying thing is when you search for a supermarket in Saudi Arabia and it tells you to go to the branch in the U.S, maybe it thinks I own a Concord with lots of fuel in the backyard

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:35 AM
    Yeah, I noticed that distance issue, but the most annoying thing is when you search for a supermarket in Saudi Arabia and it tells you to go to the branch in the U.S, maybe it thinks I own a Concord with lots of fuel in the backyard

Posted via CB10

01-09-15 08:51 AM
    had a problem initially, but it is working.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 02:20 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 09:04 PM
    Hah... I was looking today for an address in a relatively new area in Hamilton, Ontario. Maps first suggestion was something similar in... New Zealand! LOL... packing my bags now, coming back in a month.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 10:00 PM
    Hah... I was looking today for an address in a relatively new area in Hamilton, Ontario. Maps first suggestion was something similar in... New Zealand! LOL... packing my bags now, coming back in a month.

Posted via CB10
    LOL! Have a safe trip man :P

And that's exactly what I'm talking about, it should limit the search to an area you are in

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 06:17 PM
    And that's exactly what I'm talking about, it should limit the search to an area you are in
    Leave this for 2016. They still can't fix location in Weather app. In Mississauga it shows Etobicoke, in Ancaster it shows Dundas, etc. Also, early BB10 was auto correcting Mississauga to Mississippi. Canadian device in Canada. What a joke.
    01-10-15 06:30 PM
    Leave this for 2016. They still can't fix location in Weather app. In Mississauga it shows Etobicoke, in Ancaster it shows Dundas, etc. Also, early BB10 was auto correcting Mississauga to Mississippi. Canadian device in Canada. What a joke.
    It's a shame really.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:19 AM
73 123