I want updated BlackBerry Maps with more features. Blackberry wants annual revenue. If they offered a subscription rate, say $12/yr (I just made that up...and honestly, I'd pay more if the updates were regular and added awesome features) then I think it would be a win/win for everyone. It would be just like how they monetized BBM with sticker packs and other features but only with BB Maps.

You wouldn't HAVE to subscribe and pay because you'd get the watered down version that you get now by default. But the new version could have access to features like transit maps, better traffic, user contributed maps and updates, etc but for an additional price. It would be like an extended version. MUCH better TURN BY TURN navigation would be handy just like the old BB OS 7 Traffic App (it really was incredibly powerful and I miss it badly - in fact I'd pay a subscription for that app just by itself to run on BB 10).

Anyhow, I'd pay more to get the features I really want. I realize they don't come for free. But to abandon your apps without really leveraging them financially is just BlackBerry being, uh...BLACKBERRY (inferring serious stupidity and gross mismanagement).
    You said it brother!
    10-15-15 06:53 PM
    It does support traffic information. It is under settings, use traffic enhanced routing.

There are also audio and visual warnings of traffic slowdowns or accidents.

These options may not be available in all countries.

Posted via CB10
    I have Enhanced Routing enabled and BB Maps is directing me into a multi -car accident that has caused that road to be closed.

Google Maps warned me and provided alternative routes.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2789‎
    10-15-15 07:15 PM
    First of all BlackBerry maps needs a major update.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    Duh? Really? Ya think?

10-15-15 07:17 PM
    I have Enhanced Routing enabled and BB Maps is directing me into a multi -car accident that has caused that road to be closed.

Google Maps warned me and provided alternative routes.

An OS that is supposed to be for working professionals.

Last I checked, many so-called professionals do a lot of traveling. So we have an OS that will literally get you lost (I know it almost happened to me on a business trip), will not let you generate a boarding barcode cause the native airline apps have been abandoned and the android versions have quit working cause it now needs G-Play service, and the hassle of flagging Uber rides using the limited abilities of the website instead of a working app.

So other than that, yea we have an OS built for productivity!
    10-15-15 09:55 PM
    An OS that is supposed to be for working professionals.

Last I checked, many so-called professionals do a lot of traveling. So we have an OS that will literally get you lost (I know it almost happened to me on a business trip), will not let you generate a boarding barcode cause the native airline apps have been abandoned and the android versions have quit working cause it now needs G-Play service, and the hassle of flagging Uber rides using the limited abilities of the website instead of a working app.

So other than that, yea we have an OS built for productivity!
    Yes, and the average user is not going to sideload. And why pay for it when you can get it for free?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 10:43 PM
    Side loading is a thing of the past in BlackBerry 10 nobody needs to sideload anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 06:12 AM
    Side loading is a thing of the past in BlackBerry 10 nobody needs to sideload anymore.

Posted via CB10
    OK. I know there is Cobalt's method. I tried it. The apps I tried did not work properly. Furthermore, they drain my battery and did not really close for me. I had to constantly go into Ghost Commander and force close them. That got old fast. Maybe with the bigger battery on the Passport it isn't a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    This thread is about BB Maps. While it's okay, it just doesn't come close to Google Maps. Since there isn't a native Google Maps app for BB10, sideload is your only option.

10-16-15 03:25 PM
    This thread is about BB Maps. While it's okay, it just doesn't come close to Google Maps. Since there isn't a native Google Maps app for BB10, sideload is your only option.

The Google Maps can be obtained from Snap. Since it's there it might also be present on the Amazon store. However you cannot establish your account on there and save locations cause you will need Google Play Services. You can install Cobalt's G-Play. But without it, it is still useable for me to look at the map and reference it in case the BB Map is not showing an accurate place (which I have seen happen).
    10-16-15 03:43 PM
    I think it also need to allow users to contribute to the maps too. There are new roads & new ways to get to destinations that are not known by the maps. So if we can also contribute to the maps it will continually become better.
    You can. BlackBerry Map use OSM : http://www.openstreetmap.org
    Go there, create an account and do the modification you want. There is a process and the result won't be instant of course, but well... You can improve it as you want.
    mas_quemex likes this.
    10-16-15 08:17 PM
    The Google Maps can be obtained from Snap.
    True, and that's what I did, but you need to install Snap with Sachesi or DBBT, so you're still sideloading.

10-16-15 10:16 PM

Sorry most people seem to think that you need to sideload Android apps on BlackBerry 10. This is a thing of the past.

More than 1 year ago, BlackBerry 10 has already got the capability to install Android apps automatically. Just download the. Apk file or Android installation file to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone, tap on it & it will automatically install. Just like installing any app on iOS or Android.

Someone can also just email the installation file to you & all you have to do is just tap on the file from your BlackBerry 10 phone & it will install.

There is NO MORE NECESSITY to SIDELOAD anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 11:48 PM
    BlackBerry Maps need following functions :

1. Time zone grid
    2. Latitude & longitude grid
    3. Distance calculator between 2 points of interest (as the crow flies)

Do it quick.

 Curve 8520 ~> skipped OS6 ~> skipped OS7 ~>  Z3 (Airtel / STJ100-1 / 10.3.2.2639)
    Those features are so low on the list of needed things for BlackBerry Maps. There is so much that needs to be fixed first like address accuracy and public transit. Longitude latitude grid? No.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 05:44 AM
    Maybe privacy. I don't like Google and i don't want Google to look over my shoulder where ever i go.
    I don't want Google to create an userprofile of me and follow my tracks.
    Rolleyes. Because Google really care where you go.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 05:45 AM
    Sorry most people seem to think that you need to sideload Android apps on BlackBerry 10. This is a thing of the past.

More than 1 year ago, BlackBerry 10 has already got the capability to install Android apps automatically. Just download the. Apk file or Android installation file to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone, tap on it & it will automatically install. Just like installing any app on iOS or Android.

Someone can also just email the installation file to you & all you have to do is just tap on the file from your BlackBerry 10 phone & it will install.

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't work if you need Google Services for an app. This is basically how Amazon works though. Either way, you don't have direct access to the apk and need an account. Or you could try less reputable sites to get apks. And it is probably illegal to trade paid apps.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 10-17-15 at 07:33 AM.
    10-17-15 07:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    All wrong.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 07:43 AM
    All wrong.

Posted via CB10
    That too lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 08:29 AM
42 12