Map data is currently unavailable for this country . . . I live in a country which has been abandoned by BlackBerry Limited. (BlackBerry 10 devices have never been sold in this country.)

I have been using Google Maps on imported BlackBerry 10 devices (including a brand-new Passport).

BlackBerry maps is crap-img_20141015_122334.png
    10-14-14 10:34 PM
    The android version is better anyways. It actually has been updated in the past year...

Posted via CB10
    So they published a native version that's worse and not updated rather than a free port? Makes sense...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:57 PM
    So they published a native version that's worse and not updated rather than a free port? Makes sense...

Posted via CB10
    Well, apps like flipp don't even update their converted apps.. or reply to emails.

Edit: sorry, off topic
    10-14-14 11:01 PM
    i live in HK, and it doesnt work at all. i cant even see any building on the map, just street only
    10-14-14 11:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Stupid eh? That's the blackberry way... I completely transferred over to using the android versions of all my apps.

Either native or BBworld app isn't updated or featureless compared to the android version.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 01:08 AM
    10-15-14 02:05 AM
    At least in the UK. It would be awesome if they

A. Admit it's rubbish and
    B. License Nokia here maps so we can have offline maps.

Come on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with that.

I don't usually reply to these sorts of threads but if you don't moan about it how will they know to improve it.
    10-15-14 02:08 AM
    Stupid eh? That's the blackberry way... I completely transferred over to using the android versions of all my apps.

Either native or BBworld app isn't updated or featureless compared to the android version.

Posted via CB10
    Once everything requires google services they're going to be in a world of hurt again....

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    As far as I know, there's no native version of Waze for BB10. The one in BlackBerry World is an Android port. They just haven't updated that version in BlackBerry World.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-15-14 02:06 PM
    Waze also doesn't have transit station locations on the map. So at a minimum you are still stuck with at least 2 mapping applications.
    10-15-14 02:10 PM
    Yes but waze is so good for driving. In Blackberry maps, as soon as you don't drive on toll roads the ETA is dead wrong. Because maps doesn't take account of red light, stop etc, while Waze take that in account. Waze even take account of the speed average of the road. As soon as there is something on the road other users tell you.

Waze is just fantastic, maps is good and I love the fact that on the home screen I can type an adress and BANG, I can drive straight away. But Waze is better and it's not even close.

Q10 users can use Waze via 1mobile Market, it's working perfectly. I bet nobody will return to map after using Waze.

Posted via my Q10
    10-15-14 03:11 PM
    I'm inclined to think anyone who says Blackberry Maps is good is either living in a state of denial or is just a fanboy. It is appallingly bad, I couldn't even get it to load a route, and it's far too slow.

Posted via CB10
    No, I live in the state of North Carolina and travel extensively in the Eastern United States. Works flawlessly for me as a navigation tool. Can't help it if those of you living in little islands can't find your way around ;-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    Bluenoser63 and awindsr like this.
    10-15-14 03:18 PM
    Does BeMaps pro support sign in and your POI/history sync or no?
    10-15-14 06:36 PM
    Can't know if it works realy, they don't have Lebanon Maps, all I get is a large grey country with one road!

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-16-14 11:18 AM
    Works fine for me. Gets me where ever i want to go. I'm in the UK also. Get me from yorkshire to london all the time with no probs ever.

Posted via CB10
    Surely the M1 does that!

Posted by my splendid Z10
    10-16-14 02:35 PM
    I don't think it's crap at all. I use it a lot and find it gets from a to b just fine. It only gets a bit icky by relying on b roads too much so I avoid using the "shortest" preset.

Posted via CB10
    I agree! In fact, Blackberry Maps seems to work better here in the Bay Area, CA - just go into Stanford's campus and try to use Google Maps and Blackberry Maps and you will be surprised with the accuracy of Blackberry's Maps
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-16-14 02:44 PM
    Would love to use this native app but sadly no support in Barbados. Very vexing situation.

Posted from the awesome Z30
    10-16-14 04:17 PM
    Once everything requires google services they're going to be in a world of hurt again....

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. I still want to keep my BlackBerry..

Amazon needs to get their apps updated more frequently and get more of the big apps need to come. Waiting for official native apps is a lost cause.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:59 PM
    I'm mostly driving in Southern Ontario and find BB10 Maps Ok. I use BBMaps Pro as well for an overview of Traffic and POI. Both these maps have failed me in Downtown Toronto.

I also purchased Mireo Don't Panic with Traffic.
    Some may think it's pricey but not me.

This application has stored on device maps (2.6gigs NA). It is so smooth and fast with redirect and has a great user interface. Really a premium feel compared to the Internet connected navigation solutions.

Not sent from an iOS device.
    10-16-14 05:57 PM
    Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. I still want to keep my BlackBerry..

Amazon needs to get their apps updated more frequently and get more of the big apps need to come. Waiting for official native apps is a lost cause.

Posted via CB10
    If you just load the snap app, you can have full access to the play store.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:12 PM
    It's always worked great for me. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Google Play store apps have more google services integration than Amazon...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you read the conversation correctly...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:33 PM
    BlackBerry maps is crap. This app badly needs an upgrade...

BlackBerry maps is crap-img_20141016_180806.png

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 11:32 PM
    BlackBerry maps is crap. This app badly needs an upgrade...

Posted via CB10
    Lmao
    A tip
    I THINK if you have "traffic data" turned on in location settings + ignore BlackBerry maps and drive the route you normally drive, maps might learn about the street.

For example: with BlackBerry traffic it would always tell me to take the main road, but there was a side road that was way faster. So, instead of listening to BlackBerry traffic, I took the side road. After taking the side road once (with BlackBerry traffic running), everytime (traffic pernitting) it has routed me to the side road.

But then again, I feel BlackBerry traffic was best navigation service available. Etas were wrong the first few times, but after a while it learned my driving style and it would have my arrival times accurate to within 2 minutes, even on my bike
    10-16-14 11:37 PM
171 ... 4567