I think you guys can't just blame BlackBerry for map data
    They aren't responsible for the database. TomTom is.
    If Google wants to support BB, perfect, else, I would use the apk or BB maps
    10-14-14 08:42 AM
    Blackberry maps is pretty flawless in the US. The only thing lacking is telling me if the destination is on the left or the right.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:53 AM
    Compared to other map service it is not the best out there
    10-14-14 08:54 AM
    Compared to other map service it is not the best out there
    Agreed.

Unfortunately, we are left with slim pickins' at this point. I'm a big fan of Nokia HERE Maps and HERE Drive. The maps are great all over the world, the interface is great, offline works well.

Hoping eventually it'll filter down through the Android market to us. (Please don't say the Samsung Port works, it doesn't..lol)

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    10-14-14 09:02 AM
    At least Blackberry has maps that work. BB don't support maps in Pakistan so the app is useless lol
    10-14-14 09:02 AM
    It seems that it works for some but not others which says to me that people have different uses and different expectations. I like BB Maps, it is so easy to use for what I use it for. Do a search, hit the arrow and go. I am always in my car when I use it and it finds good routes and re-routes. I find Google Maps too busy, I cannot figure out the UI fast enough because I don't use it often. I was frustrated when I was in an unfamiliar city (Vancouver) on city transit, it was relatively useless, but I opened up Here Maps in the browser and was able to get around.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-14-14 09:09 AM
    I live in a city that has the most confusing network of roads and it works just fine for me. Quickest, longest shortest, great and right to the door each time. Maybe you dont use it properly and think it's crap but it isnt crap for many other users here.
    10-14-14 09:44 AM
    Sometimes it's just best to ask information...

Prior to arriving in Brussels, I looked up the public transportation options on Google Maps on how to get to/from Brussels National Airport to Midi/Zuid Train Station. Google Maps gave me a mixture of buses and trams to take. When I asked info at the airport, they suggested taking the train, which went directly and quickly. I have no idea why Google Maps didn't even list the train as an /option/.
    10-14-14 11:18 AM
    List the features you would like in BB maps here!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-maps-960443/
    10-14-14 11:43 AM
    Nope.

Well, the only way is to use the HERE Maps mobile website. It's pretty good. Just bookmark it.

Otherwise, No. The apk file floating around for the Android HERE Maps for the Nokia XL doesn't work.

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    I've Xtreme Maps Pro and it does include Here Maps
    10-14-14 11:50 AM
    Far more advanced than just using the sun as I do!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!

I tried that but always had problems with it at night.
    Eventually, I found that the best way to find my way around was to just stay home!

So far, it's worked with only one issue.
    Sometimes I forget where I am to begin with!
    10-14-14 12:43 PM
    At least in the UK. It would be awesome if they

A. Admit it's rubbish and
    B. License Nokia here maps so we can have offline maps.

Come on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Ya, it's complete garbage. In Calgary, Canada they have had the East side of the ring road completed for just about a year and it is still not on BBRY maps.

Makes me wonder what else they don't have updated in areas I travel that I dont know about.

I use Google maps from my browser; wouldn't even have BBRY Maps on my device if I could delete it.
    10-14-14 01:00 PM
    I tried that but always had problems with it at night.
    Eventually, I found that the best way to find my way around was to just stay home!

So far, it's worked with only one issue.
    Sometimes I forget where I am to begin with!
    Are you kidding? At night it's easier, you just have to follow the North Star...
    10-14-14 01:22 PM
    I think that this is regional. Maps works great in Canada.
    But their desire to be 'international' and say road names in French when driving through Montreal started off as neat, now I just find it annoying

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:29 PM
    I hate to say it but... BlackBerry Maps update from online, the GPS on it is online as is the traffic information. I don't really see the need for Offline Maps, if you plan your journey 99.9% of households and businesses have a PC to plan your journey and in fact 99.9% of households have a Broadband connection. On the contrary BlackBerry Maps doesn't use a great deal of data either.

The only downfall of BlackBerry Maps is the voice is not very erotic...
    10-14-14 01:47 PM
    I live in the US also... have to say in my travels that BB Maps is not what I want to rely on.

I've had issues with it want's me to go past a location to the next light and then do a U-Turn, or my destination is just ahead... in the middle of the road. But locally it seems to ignore some streets that have been here for dozens of years and tries to route you miles out of your way. If it does that to me locally, I have to assume it would do that to me when I'm out of town.

That all said, 90% of the time it does work pretty good. It's just that other 10% of the time that makes me rely other means of navigation.

I would also like to be able to cache info so it would need to use data..... going out into the wild there usually isn't a reliable connection. Planning a cruise to a few Islands where I don't want to pay for roaming data. So I can see situations where being able to plan a route or download an area would be very helpful.
    10-14-14 02:42 PM
    I've never had any issues with BB Maps.
    10-14-14 02:44 PM
    I use waze on my Q10 it's works well. Map is good but the ETA is way off. Waze is unbeatable.

Posted via my Q10
    Seriously, Waze is the next best thing since slice bread. Waze made my GF and I get off the freaking highway, turn around, back track, then re-enter the high so that we could take the express lanes. If we had not listen to Waze we would have added an additional half an hour to our half hour trip. It helped us avoid a major detour from the road we originally were on. Waze is better than anything I've used including Google maps.

Rocking a Z10
    Katika99 likes this.
    10-14-14 02:50 PM
    Don't worry about the slim pickings just get Waze.

Rocking a Z10
    10-14-14 02:53 PM
    Seriously, Waze is the next best thing since slice bread. Waze made my GF and I get off the freaking highway, turn around, back track, then re-enter the high so that we could take the express lanes. If we had not listen to Waze we would have added an additional half an hour to our half hour trip. It helped us avoid a major detour from the road we originally were on. Waze is better than anything I've used including Google maps.

Rocking a Z10
    Waze isn't as good as BlackBerry traffic

*hate*
    #bringbackbbtraffic
    10-14-14 04:19 PM
    I think maps is no where near Google maps but it has matured enough that I am confident in finding restaurants and stores with it now. Still miffed that if I spell some like McDonalds as MacDonalds that the maps app is clueless.
    10-14-14 04:27 PM
    Waze doesn't support the Passport, hurrah! Dunno why i'm surprised...
    10-14-14 07:09 PM
    I never used BlackBerry traffic but Waze has gotten me around some traffic BS in Waze I couldn't have imagined. Also, i compared it against Google maps. It drove me into traffic and got my ETAs wrong. Not cool.

It's too bad Waze hasn't been configured for Passport. I hope they for that soon.

Rocking a Z10
    10-14-14 08:45 PM
    Now I understand why some say it's not any good. I was looking for some booty, and it pulled this up. Apparently BlackBerry Maps is all about the Treble and not the bass
    BlackBerry maps is crap-byvo3.jpg

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-14-14 08:53 PM
    Waze doesn't support the Passport, hurrah! Dunno why i'm surprised...
    The android version is better anyways. It actually has been updated in the past year...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:00 PM
171 ... 34567