At least in the UK. It would be awesome if they

A. Admit it's rubbish and
    B. License Nokia here maps so we can have offline maps.

Come on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:26 AM
    Google maps is the way when it comes to maps.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    thedose and Savior4Life like this.
    10-13-14 04:30 AM
    "Mireo don't panic" allows offline maps. It's a little bit expensive but it works great.

Mireo DON'T PANIC Try and Buy - BlackBerry World
    ZedMacahan and imcurved like this.
    10-13-14 04:32 AM
    I recommend Navfree, it's free, has offline maps, voice guided navigation, foursquare, google places integration, uses open street maps (which here in Austria are up to date and accurate)
    10-13-14 04:35 AM
    Is there any way we can get HERE map?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:43 AM
    I don't think it's crap at all. I use it a lot and find it gets from a to b just fine. It only gets a bit icky by relying on b roads too much so I avoid using the "shortest" preset.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:47 AM
    By crap I mean that it's so slow as to be basically unusable and does not support offline maps. Here maps is exceptionally good and supports walking, road and transit.

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    10-13-14 04:52 AM
    Works fine for me. Gets me where ever i want to go. I'm in the UK also. Get me from yorkshire to london all the time with no probs ever.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:58 AM
    it doesn’t even give the option of walking map or public transport, so for me Blackberry map is useless
    10-13-14 04:58 AM
    Blackberry Maps works flawlessly on my Z30, I'm a road warrior so use it 6+ times a day.

There are plenty of alternatives available on BlackBerry World or Amazon App store

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:04 AM
    Works fine for me. Gets me where ever i want to go. I'm in the UK also. Get me from yorkshire to london all the time with no probs ever.

Posted via CB10
    I may have to give it a go as I drive all over the place with my job and see how it fairs up against my satnav
    10-13-14 05:08 AM
    I use waze on my Q10 it's works well. Map is good but the ETA is way off. Waze is unbeatable.

Posted via my Q10
    10-13-14 05:32 AM
    It's good in limited circumstances, that's the trouble. If I'm driving, then the sat nav is excellent. If I'm in London walking it's bloody useless and doesn't even show tube stations.

Good in limited circumstances tends to equal can't be bothered to check most of the time, so I use Google Maps instead.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:35 AM
    It does what i need as in gets me to a destination...however yes it lacks all the other bits and bats such as poi's etc
    But for actual guidance it's on point and eta's etc are on target.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-13-14 05:36 AM
    In Pittsburgh, the over-reliance on B roads (when set to shortest distance) is a feature, not a bug. The main roads and highways back up during rush hour and back roads are the only way to make time.

And it works.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:39 AM
    I recommend Navfree, it's free, has offline maps, voice guided navigation, foursquare, google places integration, uses open street maps (which here in Austria are up to date and accurate)
    This.

Posted via CB10
    gemoelle likes this.
    10-13-14 06:09 AM
    Blackberry Maps was the only digital map tool that showed me small roads up in northern ontario, google maps was clueless and half of all roads arnt shown...

Only my garmin GPS and Blackberry maps showed me the roads and lane ways, and sometimes garmin was clueless but BlackBerry maps knew right where the roads were

I think they are fantastic maps, even the traffic look ahead and auto redirect works great

BBmaps shows the roads and actual length
    Attachment 311519

Google maps misses large pieces of the roads or doesnt show them at all
    Attachment 311520
    Highlighted the missing pieces for effect
    Attachment 311521

Attachment 311522
    Last edited by jasonvan9; 11-02-14 at 08:26 AM.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    10-13-14 06:29 AM
    By crap I mean that it's so slow as to be basically unusable and does not support offline maps. Here maps is exceptionally good and supports walking, road and transit.

Posted via CB10
    Not slow here and I don't see why I would want offline maps. I need live updates for traffic issues and accidents. Having it offline would negate that feature.
    10-13-14 06:35 AM
    BlackBerry maps has never been known for excellence. It has always been kind of crappy...

However, turn by turn navigation is great, as long as you have a specific address. But when it comes to POI or anything like that it's useless.

Google maps should definitely offer a BlackBerry 10 version.
    10-13-14 06:35 AM
    Is there any way we can get HERE map?

Posted via CB10
    Nope.

Well, the only way is to use the HERE Maps mobile website. It's pretty good. Just bookmark it.

Otherwise, No. The apk file floating around for the Android HERE Maps for the Nokia XL doesn't work.

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    10-13-14 06:37 AM
    Blackberry Maps was the only digital map tool that showed me small roads up in northern ontario, google maps was clueless and half of all roads arnt shown...

Only my garmin GPS and Blackberry maps showed me the roads and lane ways, and sometimes garmin was clueless but BlackBerry maps knew right where the roads were

I think they are fantastic maps, even the traffic look ahead and auto redirect works great

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    Recently at night, my friend took a wrong turn. Ended up in a large cemetery with no lighting. Pulled out Blackberry maps and it actually had the lanes in the cemetery. Was able to use it to get out. How is that for detailed mapping?
    10-13-14 06:39 AM
    BlackBerry maps has never been known for excellence. It has always been kind of crappy...

However, turn by turn navigation is great, as long as you have a specific address. But when it comes to POI or anything like that it's useless.

Google maps should definitely offer a BlackBerry 10 version.
    You can't compare the old (BBOS) and new BB10 maps. I have used BB10 maps all around North America since the release and it has given better results than friends and colleges maps on iPhone.
    der_mit likes this.
    10-13-14 06:41 AM
    Download and install BMAPS. It works great and gives the best of both worlds. Google maps and made for BlackBerry 10 gestures. Can't go wrong with that.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 06:51 AM
    The Nokia maps work online via the web browser. Not offline, but nay give you some of what you need.

M.here.com

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-13-14 07:22 AM
    From a driving aspect, I've found BB Maps better than Google Maps. The directions are always good, arrival times accurate, and I find it easier to follow onscreen than Google Maps. In addition, being in Ontario bordering Quebec, if I'm navigating to someplace on the Quebec side, the directions are always accurate and it actually gives me the names of the streets with the proper french pronunciation. Google Maps (and Google Now for that matter) just can't handle french names at all.

Would agree though that if you are searching for things like places of interest that BB Maps isn't good. Same thing for transit purposes. BB Maps just can't compete.

For 'offline' maps, there are free third party apps that you can install on your phone that will do the job and even a better job then the offline feature of Google Maps. I use 'NavFree' which was already mentioned above.

Since Nokia is allowing Samsung to use their apps, I would agree that BB should look into licensing Nokia Maps for BB10. It could absolve them from having to develop the features for BB Maps and give people a better application.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-13-14 07:32 AM
171 123 ...