I have been having a problem with Maps for the last 5-6 weeks. There is a red icon in the upper right corner and I can't find information on what it does. The icon is a red square with a white circle with a line through it.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
    Blackberry Maps-img_20140822_092550.png

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:30 AM
    Are your location settings set to "off"? That looks like the "no GPS" signal to me.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    08-22-14 10:34 AM
    Are your location settings set to "off"? That looks like the "no GPS" signal to me.
    +1 Also, the app looks outdated. Doesn't canse, what you are experiencing, but still..
    08-22-14 10:36 AM
    Location Services are ON. I tried restarting the phone (a few times). I've also checked for updates to no avail.

It seems to work very rarely. Maybe once every 10 times I try.

I guess I could have a faulty GPS receiver?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:17 AM
    Get it replaced if u still can, red dot implies gps function is turned off
    08-22-14 11:41 AM
    Did you try the BlackBerry Virtual Expert?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 12:29 PM
    Very possible that your GPS is faulty. BVE is a great idea. That is definitely the no GPS signal. Also check the application permissions - maybe Maps somehow doesn't have permission to access your location settings? System Settings> Location Services> Application Permissions> Maps then hit the toggle to give Maps permission to access Location Services. And I say this realizing that you may have already checked
    08-22-14 01:46 PM
    This symbol has been popping up on my Blackberry Maps too. Even in the middle of a trip. Last night it went out for 30 to 45 minutes, I was left driving blind and ended up getting lost. My location services are also on. Whenever this symbol pops up the Maps app basically goes silent and tells you absolutely nothing about where you are or where you're supposed to be turning. Very frustrating. I'm hoping there's some type of software solution for this?

+-keystroke queen-+
    08-22-14 05:09 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I ran BVE and it showed issues with the GPS unit.

I've spoken with my carrier and they are going to send it in for service. I'm just under the warranty by a couple weeks.

Posted via CB10
    step07 and scrapmetal58 like this.
    08-25-14 05:06 PM
    I've been getting that symbol frequently lately. Most of the time, if I tap it, it refreshes and continues on. There's been a few times where I didn't realize I lost signal and ended up far out of my way.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:38 PM
    Location Services are ON. I tried restarting the phone (a few times). I've also checked for updates to no avail.

It seems to work very rarely. Maybe once every 10 times I try.

I guess I could have a faulty GPS receiver?

Posted via CB10
    Are you outside? GPS won't work in a parking garage.

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.1052
    08-26-14 02:24 AM
    I've been having gps issues on my Z30 too. Been for about a month or two. When I tap start (to start trip) it says "updating route" for about a minute then I get this error message :

Yes I am outside and my phone has a clear view of the sky.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 295099
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Maps-img_20140901_171013.png  
    09-01-14 06:12 PM
    I was having the same issues with the red "no gps" symbol silently popping up on my maps while I'm just driving away awaiting direction, and the pop-up message saying that it couldn't be found while trying to get or update a route. A fellow Crackberrian suggested adjusting the placement of my BlackBerry in my car, specifically to try putting it in the cup-holder area, and it definitely helped. Anytime I set it under my radio in the cubby shelf or in my lap too far beneath the steering wheel it loses the gps signal. It's been working very pleasantly in the cupholder or on the passenger seat

+-keystroke queen-+
    niss63 likes this.
    09-12-14 08:44 PM
    I was having the same issues with the red "no gps" symbol silently popping up on my maps while I'm just driving away awaiting direction, and the pop-up message saying that it couldn't be found while trying to get or update a route. A fellow Crackberrian suggested adjusting the placement of my BlackBerry in my car, specifically to try putting it in the cup-holder area, and it definitely helped. Anytime I set it under my radio in the cubby shelf or in my lap too far beneath the steering wheel it loses the gps signal. It's been working very pleasantly in the cupholder or on the passenger seat

+-keystroke queen-+
    I wish it was that easy. I tried standing in my yard, clear blue sky not a cloud around. Nothing. My TomTom and PlayBook are both connecting with gps satellites within seconds. After 2 mins I gave up on my Z30. It's the only thing that sucks about it. Used to work perfectly before the latest update.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 12:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Shows that can not recognize GPS satellites. After 12 minutes I Closed the app.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:05 PM
    Yep. Shows that can not recognize GPS satellites. After 12 minutes I Closed the app.

Posted via CB10
    Well there's your problem. Sounds like a hardware issue.
    09-16-14 09:14 AM
    Well there's your problem. Sounds like a hardware issue.
    Or a bad install of the update. I'd reload the software before getting a new device.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 11:30 AM
    Or a bad install of the update. I'd reload the software before getting a new device.

Posted via CB10
    That's were I was leaning too. But at this point I figured I'd just wait for 10.3 to come out. If OS reload doesn't work then the other option is buying a new device so it's worth the wait

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 02:14 PM
    Any help with this? If I'm not trying to use turn by turn it's finding me kind of ( I'm assuming it's the cell tower assist) as soon as start turn by turn directions I get the red circle and it can't find me. Virtual assistant can't locate any satellites 5 min searching. Thought it was from sun solar flairs that were all over the news a week ago as they said it could be but it's getting worse not better

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 04:03 PM