Comparing Apple and BlackBerry, I don't see much difference. I say this because both have seen highs and lows and looking at Apple's rise, we can only conclude that they only became significant when they released products which had no competition and had completely new experience. If BlackBerry wants to be back, they cannot just reinvent what everyone is doing. They really got to take it To another level and completely change the experience! What do u guys think?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:29 AM
    You're joking right?
    06-29-13 08:48 AM
    Nope!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:03 AM
    You don't think that BB10 was taking it to another level?
    06-29-13 09:06 AM
    No no what I meant was that BlackBerry have to come out with a totally new product eg: like say an ipod. Where they can dictate the market and be the leader.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:10 AM
    Ok, I understand now.
    06-29-13 09:18 AM
    Comparing Apple and BlackBerry, I don't see much difference. I say this because both have seen highs and lows and looking at Apple's rise, we can only conclude that they only became significant when they released products which had no competition and had completely new experience. If BlackBerry wants to be back, they cannot just reinvent what everyone is doing. They really got to take it To another level and completely change the experience! What do u guys think?

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. The general tone here of 'Apple stock was once $10 too" is simplistic beyond belief because apple did not get to where it is by continuing to churn out iMacs and PowerBooks to compete with HP and Dell. They created a new line of products with no real competition and did it better than anyone else. Once competitors started to catch up, they moved into a new line of products.

What exactly did people think was going to happen when BB released yet another smartphone. BB10 might have been a quantum leap over BBOS but the rest of the smartphone market had long since moved on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    appu3239 likes this.
    06-29-13 09:44 AM
    Agreed. The general tone here of 'Apple stock was once $10 too" is simplistic beyond belief because apple did not get to where it is by continuing to churn out iMacs and PowerBooks to compete with HP and Dell. They created a new line of products with no real competition and did it better than anyone else. Once competitors started to catch up, they moved into a new line of products.

What exactly did people think was going to happen when BB released yet another smartphone. BB10 might have been a quantum leap over BBOS but the rest of the smartphone market had long since moved on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I couldn't able to say any better. Stop catching up and build something new!!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:13 AM
    I want them to release something we have seen. All the features we lost from OS7.

Posted via CB10
    appu3239 and imz like this.
    06-29-13 03:33 PM
    I want them to release something we have seen. All the features we lost from OS7.

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    06-29-13 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bahaha that just made my day!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 06:59 PM
    Maybe this is why they are not wasting resources on the PlayBook line as they are thinking beyond tablets as we know them

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:35 PM
    I agree. I think they need to create a truly integrated hardware and app system. And it needs to have the cool factor. My teenage boy got the S4 because of the whiz bang features. BlackBerry needs what they have as well as whiz bang.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:09 PM
    the comments here all make sense - and I am sure BlackBerry must be thinking likewise.

That analogy for apple is so true. There is an additional point I wish to add: the ipod changed apples fortunes. It was cool. Had whiz bang by the bucket load. How did it get that?

Advertising.

The ipod - well audiophiles know what I'm going to say. Sound reproduction was poor as compared to the other systems on the market (minidisc, creative labs mp3 with wolfson sound dsp etc etc).

The marketing and media buzz on the product changed reality. Itunes. Made it normal for people to want inferior compressed mp3's - hell it changed how we listen to music and the quality we expect from music - and indeed what music is popular and why although sociology is beyond this point).

BlackBerry has a great device. The general population doesn't give a fig.

When the latest rehash of the iphone hits - what, 5 million in three days, like the iphone 5? Or better, seeing as so many didn't see it as a viable upgrade over the iphone4s (especially considering all the features of the os came to the 4s via ios6).

The iphone is good enough. It does what people want (according to what apple tells them they want). The iphone gives people what they think they need. As does android.

This perception, this hype: advertising born of executives not only on the pulse of the people but predicting and trending the immediate future.

Say what you want - be loyal, apologetic, fanboyistic or whatever -bottom line is that BlackBerry is missing this. The advertising is terrible. So shoddy.

2.7 million bb10 devices shipped. How many were SOLD? Android is activating more devices than that a week (though there are, of course, a hell of a lot more, divergant devices, on that platform). Apple - forgetaboutit.

BlackBerry has a great starter platform. The Q10 is a beast. The Z also. Yet people are apathetic. Yeah carriers blah blah blah conspiracy etc blah blah blah.

People don't care. Make them care. Advertise. Be proud of this platform and shove it down everyone's throats. Do what everyone else does.

Get 10.2 out early - don't wait for aristo. That device will be competing with iphone 5s and whatever trick android of the month is pushed out. However it's not the a10 - its BlackBerry competing with apple and android marketing. That is the real battle.

I fear BlackBerry will be drowned out amongst the cry of the others.

They're not doing enough.

Sure they don't have the billion pound advertising budgets of the others.

But they cannot be quiet. They cannot be

Tears in rain.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    imz, appu3239 and Milldubsa like this.
    06-30-13 05:57 AM
    I want BlackBerry to make a phone powered by a hydrogen fuel cell. Now that would get everyone's attention.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    06-30-13 07:19 AM
    the comments here all make sense - and I am sure BlackBerry must be thinking likewise.

That analogy for apple is so true. There is an additional point I wish to add: the ipod changed apples fortunes. It was cool. Had whiz bang by the bucket load. How did it get that?

Advertising.
    This gets said a lot, especially since Friday.

I don't think advertising would have done much to improve BBRY's current state. I think there is this built-in belief here that the train people don't buy BB10 devices is because the poor people didn't know.

I don't think that's it.

The iPod, IMHO, wasn't the best music player by far. Combined with iTunes and 99�, it was unbeatable though. And then, in my estimation, iTunes then became the center of the most comprehensive mobile ecosystems out there.

I think for most people, it boils down to functionality. What can I do with an iOS device? What can I do with an Android device? Can I do better (or at least the same) with BB10?

I've said it before... Apple's greatest advertising tool is the word of mouth of satisfied users.
    06-30-13 07:42 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to come out with a totally new product. What Apple did is they reinvented their product line and it evolved:
    Macintosh>iMac
    iPod>iPod Touch
    iPod Touch>iPhone
    iPhone>iPad

BlackBerry did that as well with the OSbut couldn't execute and refused to advertise properly.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by birdman_38; 06-30-13 at 08:15 AM.
    06-30-13 07:53 AM
    I agree its the feel of the product. The design they offer is exceptional and well polished finish.

Apple made it's products seem to be coming out of a fairy tale. And everybody appreciated at once.

One big plus point being steve jobs and his strong background.

Had there been tim cook from the beginning then apple would only be available at groceries.

BlackBerry should totally revamp on 10.2 release and the CEO can come up on casual fashionable outfit carrying the sexy flagship device of their choice along with alicia keys backing him up with with her personality plus beauty.

They should show the feel of already winning the market and they know it.
    Confident faces.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:05 AM
    This gets said a lot, especially since Friday.

I don't think advertising would have done much to improve BBRY's current state. I think there is this built-in belief here that the train people don't buy BB10 devices is because the poor people didn't know.

I don't think that's it.

The iPod, IMHO, wasn't the best music player by far. Combined with iTunes and 99�, it was unbeatable though. And then, in my estimation, iTunes then became the center of the most comprehensive mobile ecosystems out there.

I think for most people, it boils down to functionality. What can I do with an iOS device? What can I do with an Android device? Can I do better (or at least the same) with BB10?

I've said it before... Apple's greatest advertising tool is the word of mouth of satisfied users.
    Yes, word of mouth is vital too. Especially when the mouths number in the tens of millions, as with apple.

06-30-13 08:11 AM
    Yes, word of mouth is vital too. Especially when the mouths number in the tens of millions, as with apple.

Fair point.
    06-30-13 08:17 AM
    I think alot of folks are forgetting that Blackberry is trying to do way with having two or even three devices that have the same functions. The OP mentioned the ipod. The ipod, the ipad, and hell most of apple and other manufacturer mobile products all are redundant. They all perform the same way but in a different form factor. Blackberry is establishing themselves as a true mobile computing company with M2M (machine to machine).

We all can cry there isn't any innovation with smartphones and The playbook is not getting bb10 but those little devices we all have in the Z10, Q10 and now the Q5 all can become the central operations for what blackberry is trying to do.
    Blackberry needs to speed up this M2M software and technology . Soon we will think having redundant devices were all stupid ideas.

I guess change is a hard thing for us humans.
    06-30-13 09:55 AM
    No no what I meant was that BlackBerry have to come out with a totally new product eg: like say an ipod. Where they can dictate the market and be the leader.

Posted via CB10
    *cough* BlackBerry watch *cough*

I'd love that

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:53 PM
    I think alot of folks are forgetting that Blackberry is trying to do way with having two or even three devices that have the same functions. The OP mentioned the ipod. The ipod, the ipad, and hell most of apple and other manufacturer mobile products all are redundant. They all perform the same way but in a different form factor. Blackberry is establishing themselves as a true mobile computing company with M2M (machine to machine).

We all can cry there isn't any innovation with smartphones and The playbook is not getting bb10 but those little devices we all have in the Z10, Q10 and now the Q5 all can become the central operations for what blackberry is trying to do.
    Blackberry needs to speed up this M2M software and technology . Soon we will think having redundant devices were all stupid ideas.

I guess change is a hard thing for us humans.

All this "mobile computing" is great! But there is not one product that has been released that can do this. I feel this is more like those TAT videos. He shows that porsche car every time and talks about mobile computing. Just get the products out already, you cannot be moving in snails pace when other companies have been releasing products almost every quarter.
    sjmartin007 likes this.
    06-30-13 12:58 PM