So did the new sim card work?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 10:17 AM
    So did the new sim card work?

Posted via CB10
    They have just added credit today. let me put the sim in :-D

5 minutes.
    04-26-17 10:43 AM
    Right then. The guy at EE is 100% correct. With a PAYG EE SIM card, I get 4g and the blackberry logo. It works perfectly.

My current contract EE 4G SIM will only work properly in 2G/3G mode, but no blackberry logo is shown.
    04-26-17 10:48 AM
    Looks like I need to give them a call and see what they're going to do for me then, my trouble started in January the day I finished my 24 month contract and went onto a sim only 12 month deal.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 11:05 AM
    I've have missed this thread but have exactly the same issue.

I'm on a UK business EE Sim and Blackberry services suddenly stopped December 2016. I use BBM secure - so am upset!

Blackberry confirmed that this is a carrier issue

I can get BlackBerry services with an PAYG EE Sim - and *any* other SIM that I put in my Passport,or on Wifi

EE have been paying for a PAYG Sim to which I have been transferring all of my calls from the Buisness Sim. This is fine as I have BBM, now, but no texts - and if I call someone using the PAYG they don't know it is me!

The latest email on 21st April was that the problem was not solvable.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 12:50 PM
    Certainly a few of us with the issues then.

What's our plan of attack?

UK - 9900 -Playbook (retired) - Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2) - *KEYone (hopefully)
    04-26-17 01:39 PM
    I've have missed this thread but have exactly the same issue.

I'm on a UK business EE Sim and Blackberry services suddenly stopped December 2016. I use BBM secure - so am upset!

Blackberry confirmed that this is a carrier issue

I can get BlackBerry services with an PAYG EE Sim - and *any* other SIM that I put in my Passport,or on Wifi

EE have been paying for a PAYG Sim to which I have been transferring all of my calls from the Buisness Sim. This is fine as I have BBM, now, but no texts - and if I call someone using the PAYG they don't know it is me!

The latest email on 21st April was that the problem was not solvable.

Posted via CB10
    I've been told it is solvable. The reason being as that its not just Blackberry Devices affected. The guy from EE gave me an example. He has a Sony Z something or other and its the same problem for him. No 4G data. It has to do with your device not liking the new IPV6 addresses. They are getting a range of IMEI numbers from the problem manufacturers and then setting those devices to connect only via IPV4. It will be fixed for sure! (probably)
    04-27-17 08:01 AM
    I've been told it is solvable. The reason being as that its not just Blackberry Devices affected. The guy from EE gave me an example. He has a Sony Z something or other and its the same problem for him. No 4G data. It has to do with your device not liking the new IPV6 addresses. They are getting a range of IMEI numbers from the problem manufacturers and then setting those devices to connect only via IPV4. It will be fixed for sure! (probably)
    I certainly hope so. I've been having this problem too with my Passport SE on EE business. I have noticed that my Internet has been affected too. I want to stick with this phone for a while longer, & have just switched on to a 12 month Sim only deal & got a great deal, but really hope it's fixed soon.

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport SE but previously my  Q10
    04-27-17 01:15 PM
    Yes - this is the issue. My EE business Sim is IPv6 - with no Blackberry services.

The EE PAYG Sim has BOTH IPv4 and IPv6 - and gives me BlackBerry services

I have emailed my contact at EE yesterday - but so far no response

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 05:02 PM
    Just to add another bit of evidence to this thread, I've travelled to denmark using my same contracted EE sim and it works perfectly over here so it really is a problem with the connection to the EE network in the uk

Posted via CB10
    04-29-17 03:38 PM
    Paul

Can you see if you get IPv4 when in Denmark?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 06:32 AM
    I have had the same problem for over 8 weeks now. This is the latest from EE, who are working to fix the problem.

Here is the problem straight from EE. Which hasn't been resolved.

After a lot of investigation we have found that BB10 devices specifically the Passport and the Classic have an incompatibility with IPv6.* Due to dwindling reserves of IPv4 Addresses all ISP’s (be that mobile or fixed (such as virgin/BT)) are moving their data networks to IPv6 addressing.* **In our case within the last few months we have moved the traffic on our network over 4G services over to Mainly IPv6 Addressing.*
    This is what caused the issue that you currently face and we are implementing a back end fix in the near future that will mean that the IMEI ranges for the effected devices will no longer connect to data over 4G on a IPv6 Connection instead Defaulting to IPv4 Addressing

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 06:22 PM
    Mark

Please can you let me know when EE sent this to you - so that I can the pass it on to my contact at EE. Mnay thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 10:48 AM
    Paul

Posted via CB10
    Any idea how I'd go about finding out? Also I'm in Sweden now and everything is still working perfectly on 4g!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 11:21 AM
    Paul

Posted via CB10
    Forget my previous post about how to do it! Looking at the phone info, I have both an ipv4 and ipv6 address

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 11:23 AM
    Hi they sent this to the last week in April. EE are now constantly calling me trying to get me to suspend or cancel the complaint so it doesn't go to the ombudsman. I don't want to cancel the complaint as I feel it will not get sorted out. It also bothers me they seem so desperate to get my consent to cancel the complaint. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 04:42 PM
    Mark

Please persist!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 02:28 AM
    EE have given me this advice - to change settings to

Internet APN settings
    Name - Internet
    APN - orangeinternet
    Proxy / port - Not set
    Username - eesecure
    Password - secure
    MMSC - Not set
    MMS Proxy - Not set
    MCC - 234
    MNC - 30

I can only change the APN, username and Password - and when I do so - there are no Blackberry services

Does anyone know where to find the other settings?
    05-05-17 12:48 PM
    EE have given me this advice - to change settings to

Internet APN settings
    Name - Internet
    APN - orangeinternet
    Proxy / port - Not set
    Username - eesecure
    Password - secure
    MMSC - Not set
    MMS Proxy - Not set
    MCC - 234
    MNC - 30

I can only change the APN, username and Password - and when I do so - there are no Blackberry services

Does anyone know where to find the other settings?
    I'm pretty sure you are barking up the wrong tree. APN was the first place we all looked but I can assure you (but would love you to prove me wrong!) that it has nothing to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 03:03 PM
    I have same problem last month and contacted provider and BlackBerry support. After one week that they ask me to reload system. Then, my Classic is back to work as normal now.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 03:55 AM
    I'm pretty sure you are barking up the wrong tree. APN was the first place we all looked but I can assure you (but would love you to prove me wrong!) that it has nothing to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    As I wrote - this did not solve the issue (so you are correct!)

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 02:31 AM
    Update - EE have just solved the issue (after 6 months!) - BBM is back

I can now see an IPv4 and IPv6 number on the hamdset - using my standard EE Buisness Sim

I have asked my contact for details - and will post here as soon as he explains what he has done.
    05-08-17 01:02 PM
    Oh nice... yes please share.

Any compensation?

UK - 9900 -Playbook (retired) - Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2) - *KEYone (hopefully)
    05-08-17 01:36 PM
    Great! Nothing fixed on my end as yet. Yes did you get any compensation? They have offered to have this conversation with me about compensation , and I said well let's wait until it's fixed.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 03:11 PM
    Can you please share your EE contact?

05-09-17 03:13 PM
96 1234