Gotcha!!

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    02-11-17 05:35 AM
    Yeah I have BlackBerry logo on wifi.

Issue started a good few weeks ago now, but reported it to BlackBerry after day 2. Noone can currently find a fix.

I've tried:

Soft resets
    Hard resets
    Reconfigure network
    Register to BlackBerry (via the about - network option)
    Carrier reset BlackBerry services
    Carrier provided new SIM card
    Updated BlackBerry world
    Sent error reports to BlackBerry
    BlackBerry Virtual Expert checks - all passed
    Waiting for 10.3.3

Don't know if bbm works as nobody I know uses it :-(

BBM won't work without the services. Well I don't think I have any more solutions for you seeing you've bent over backwards already trying to get it fixed. Crazy. I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 11:15 AM
    Hold both volume up and down buttons in for about 20 seconds until you see the boot up circle, then release.

It will also take a screen shot, but this is normal.

EDIT : sorry, the white space threw me there. Ignore this post.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2876
    Always keep scrollin' before rollin'

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 11:16 AM
    Following on from my earlier post, where I said the BlackBerry logo was back on mobile data after the BlackBerry world update, well it's gone again. No idea now what is causing the lack of BlackBerry logo when not on WiFi. Hopefully it will get sorted soon, as I've tried hard resets & turning mobile signal on & off but nothing! Getting a bit frustrating now!

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport SE but previously my  Q10
    02-12-17 10:19 AM
    BBWILD are you UK on EE network aswell?

02-12-17 10:26 AM
    BBWILD are you UK on EE network aswell?

Yep... they don't know their *** from their elbow! Hoping a fix comes along soon, as it seems that others not on EE UK are suffering from the same problem.

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport SE but previously my  Q10
    02-12-17 01:02 PM
    Well after a month of trying to fix the problem (well done blackberry, and a shout out to Bianca who was really supportive) BlackBerry have stated it's a network issue and not theirs.

Bounced it back to EE just now as I've got a direct email contact.

Getting very silly now though...maybe another sign to get the mercury..

02-15-17 02:54 PM
    Hold both volume up and down buttons in for about 20 seconds until you see the boot up circle, then release.

It will also take a screen shot, but this is normal.

EDIT : sorry, the white space threw me there. Ignore this post.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2876
    The BlackBerry logo on my phone disappeared on 02.21 (Tues) in the evening eastern time. I use a Q10 (10.3.3.1463) on Verizon. Before I noticed the logo was gone, the wireless signal was switching back and forth from 1X to 4GLTE during about a 3 minute span. After the signal appeared to become stable w/4GLTE, the BlackBerry logo never reappeared. I have been talking with BlackBerry and Verizon for two days with no solution. All of the restarts and resets have been tried. I also am unable to receive a confirmation notification of registration. BlackBerry can communicate with me through BlackBerry push only when I'm on WiFi.

Very frustrating that they can't figure out what is going on. Given that this issue is on so many different carrier networks, it seems like the issue may be on BB's end. Unless all of us are really Verizon-Vodofone? Anyway, somehow these serves are not talking to each other. The issue doesn't appear to be the phone itself.

Hopefully someone from BlackBerry is seeing our cries for help!
    02-22-17 11:30 PM
    So it's not just a UK thing then... well there's a few of us on here with the same problem and seemingly no solution.

It affects the use of some data apps - most notably whatsapp.

Wonder if 10.3.3 will resolve..still waiting for that

02-23-17 01:37 AM
    It should affect BBM, not WhatsApp. BlackBerry might be right in what they told you.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 02:51 AM
    I've recently started a similar thread. As a new blackberry passport SE user (3 days!) I'm yet to experience the blackberry logo when connected to 4g. I'm also having some pretty serious network issues, losing Internet connectivity even though I have 5 bars of 4g.

Tried calling ee and changing apn info, but no joy yet.

Posted via CB10
    GusBandicoot likes this.
    04-16-17 03:20 AM
    I've recently started a similar thread. As a new blackberry passport SE user (3 days!) I'm yet to experience the blackberry logo when connected to 4g. I'm also having some pretty serious network issues, losing Internet connectivity even though I have 5 bars of 4g.

Tried calling ee and changing apn info, but no joy yet.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I've now had this for months...BlackBerry did a lot of work for me too..no joy. I've given up and just now waiting for keyone.

Data is intermittent, whatsapp etc don't work when on network only really. Really really annoying.

04-16-17 03:23 AM
    Yep, I've now had this for months...BlackBerry did a lot of work for me too..no joy. I've given up and just now waiting for keyone.

Data is intermittent, whatsapp etc don't work when on network only really. Really really annoying.

Are you 100% certain it's not a hardware issue then? I was a bit worried as my SE came from Hong kong!

I have exactly the same problems you speak of (whatsapp only working on wifi) amongst other things.

Have you been able to try a sim card from another provider?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 06:49 AM
    I do get emails by the way so data is definitely getting through on some apps

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 06:50 AM
    Yeah I have BlackBerry logo on wifi.

Issue started a good few weeks ago now, but reported it to BlackBerry after day 2. Noone can currently find a fix.

I've tried:

Soft resets
    Hard resets
    Reconfigure network
    Register to BlackBerry (via the about - network option)
    Carrier reset BlackBerry services
    Carrier provided new SIM card
    Updated BlackBerry world
    Sent error reports to BlackBerry
    BlackBerry Virtual Expert checks - all passed
    Waiting for 10.3.3

Don't know if bbm works as nobody I know uses it :-(

I've had this problem on my Q10 before. It happened when I fiddled with some settings in the Escreen; turned off LTE to preserve battery. Then my phone would always stay in 4g. So what I would have to do is:

Go into Escreen again. Manually select the network. Once you exit, the phone will go to 4g to 4G after 5-10 seconds.

Real pain, but only way it would work for me. Not sure if this will help, but didn't see it mentioned above.

http://m.crackberry.com/how-access-e...-blackberry-10

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 08:58 AM
    Are you 100% certain it's not a hardware issue then? I was a bit worried as my SE came from Hong kong!

I have exactly the same problems you speak of (whatsapp only working on wifi) amongst other things.

Have you been able to try a sim card from another provider?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I get emails too.

I've had the phone for a year or so and it's been perfect...until probably 2 months ago now... mine came from BlackBerry shop uk.

04-16-17 01:36 PM
    Yeah I get emails too.

I've had the phone for a year or so and it's been perfect...until probably 2 months ago now... mine came from BlackBerry shop uk.

Well I've called EE today for the 3rd time. They have put me through to the 2nd level support team. I spoke to a helpful chap called Ryan who says he's come across this problem a few times and that it would all be sorted for me tomorrow.

He's given me a direct number to call him tomorrow to discuss what he's done so I can pass it on to others.

I'm not holding my breath however!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 02:44 PM
    Well I've called EE today for the 3rd time. They have put me through to the 2nd level support team. I spoke to a helpful chap called Ryan who says he's come across this problem a few times and that it would all be sorted for me tomorrow.

He's given me a direct number to call him tomorrow to discuss what he's done so I can pass it on to others.

I'm not holding my breath however!

Posted via CB 10
    Yeah I got passed to 2nd level too... think his name was Lewis. His surname was miss spelt in his email address which didn't encourage much and he couldn't fix anything.

Let me know how you get on, if you can, mention your not the only one with the same issue, then DM me your guys details if you could!!!!

04-16-17 02:48 PM
    Yeah I got passed to 2nd level too... think his name was Lewis. His surname was miss spelt in his email address which didn't encourage much and he couldn't fix anything.

Let me know how you get on, if you can, mention your not the only one with the same issue, then DM me your guys details if you could!!!!

Well let's hope I get more luck than you.

The one bit of positive news at this stage is that I put my daughter's cheap TalkMobile sim today and it works perfectly. The blackberry logo is there and everything works.

I said to ee that I would need to switch if they don't sort it within the next 24hrs. My business has several contracts with them so I'm hoping that carries some weight.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 02:59 PM
    Great stuff. Looking forward to hearing about the fix.

04-16-17 03:22 PM
    Great stuff. Looking forward to hearing about the fix.

Right, we are getting a bit closer with this fix, but still not fixed.

Here's what I've found out (or what Ive been told!!) by Thomas at EE tech L2 team.

Several months ago EE upgraded its network to use IPV6 rather than IPV4. They are the first UK network to do this (apparently). Blackberry Passports and Blackberry Classics have a unique problem on the network when issued with an IPV6 address. They don't work properly. All EE contracted SIM cards using their 4G network will be given an IPV6 address when connected. If however you purchase a Pay As You Go EE SIM card, it will apparently work as they are issued standard IPV4 addresses. BBM, internet, WhatsApp, everything. I havent been able to test this yet, but they have asked me to pick up a £1 SIM card tomorrow and call them and then they will load it with data (not sure "load" is the right term there as I doubt I'll get much!).

In addition to the above, this is why when I test with a sim card from a different network it works perfectly, because no other network uses IPV6 yet (apparently).

So what are EE doing about it? Well, they are taking IMEI number ranges from Blackberry for Passports and for Classics. They are the going to patch the network so that when devices in this range connect that they are only issued with IPV4 addresses. This process will likely take weeks, therefore don't expect a fix for the next month or so.

I do have concerns though that they will actually completely resolve the problem doing the above. I've partly tested their theory. If I switch my device to 2G & 3G only, then technically I can only be issued with an IPV4 address. But still its the same problem. No blackberry logo. Although I have to say that the internet seems to work more consistantly.

Hope that all makes sense above, and apologies in advance if this is old information to those suffering the came problem as I.

I wonder if other passport owners in the UK will suffer the same issues when their networks switch to IPV6?
    04-17-17 03:39 PM
    Interesting...so few things...

Where were the comms to potentially effected customer?
    Compensation?
    If it's going to take weeks, from a personal POV I won't get the benefit due to hopefully getting the KEYone

I appreciate that there isn't a huge amount of BlackBerry's in the UK and clearly even less on the EE network but we're are not the only 2 people affected by this.

Posted via CB10 UK - 9900 -Playbook (retired) - Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2) - *KEYone (hopefully)
    04-17-17 03:44 PM
    Interesting...so few things...

Where were the comms to potentially effected customer?
    Compensation?
    If it's going to take weeks, from a personal POV I won't get the benefit due to hopefully getting the KEYone

I appreciate that there isn't a huge amount of BlackBerry's in the UK and clearly even less on the EE network but we're are not the only 2 people affected by this.

Posted via CB10 UK - 9900 -Playbook (retired) - Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2) - *KEYone (hopefully)
    I think the first step (for me at least) is to prove their theory. If the PAYG SIM works as expected then I can go back to them to discuss potential compensation. For me personally, I wouldnt seek money back. I'd seek extra data every month on my contract for when it starts working properly.

I'm guessing that EE didnt initially realise it was a problem until users started reporting the fault. Lets say there are 1000 Passport users on EE contracts, its quite possible 25% of those havent even noticed the problem (i.e they never leave the house to use the 4G network) . Another 25% may not get a strong enough signal from their tower to get a 4G signal. And then another 25% don't use BBM, Whatsapp etc, then really they may not have had that many complaints. All of the above speculative of course, as I have no idea!!!
    04-17-17 04:40 PM
    Hi Paul, Any updates?

UK - 9900 -Playbook (retired) - Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2) - *KEYone (hopefully)
    04-19-17 12:56 PM
    Hi Paul, Any updates?

UK - 9900 -Playbook (retired) - Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2) - *KEYone (hopefully)
    I purchased the sim card yesterday but didn't email them with the phone number until late last night. I'm hoping they are loading with data tonight.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 12:59 PM
96 1234