My Blackberry link was working fine and had no issues. Just recently it has stopped working, It wont open I have looked over the forms and have tried the suggestions.I have reinstalled it a few times and different ways with no luck. I have windows 7 64gb and have a BB passport any help would be great.
    09-22-16 11:56 AM
    My Blackberry link was working fine and had no issues. Just recently it has stopped working, It wont open I have looked over the forms and have tried the suggestions.I have reinstalled it a few times and different ways with no luck. I have windows 7 64gb and have a BB passport any help would be great.
    I have found Link to be problematic for what seems forever. If it wants to work it does, if it doesn't it doesn't (quite similar to any teenager). Then when it works, it may or may not. Do what you want it to do for you. Roll the dice and see what comes up.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    09-22-16 01:42 PM
    Please any possible solutions suggestions?
    09-22-16 03:56 PM
    This has happened to me since windows 10 did its major update a few days ago. My own solution was to do a Windows reset keeping my personal files then I had to reinstall all my programs. If Links stops working again I will not do this again I will have to live without it!!! I hope this helps with your decision making
    09-22-16 04:52 PM
    Thank you all for the input, I do agree it probably a windows issue. Cheers!
    09-22-16 05:52 PM
    it's likely a windows driver issue. A couple of weeks ago when i was able to use it until the latest batch of windows updates on 7.
    09-23-16 05:48 PM
    Have you tried changing your Blackberry ID password?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 06:05 PM
    Hi,

I had the same problem of suddenly BB Link would not open (but BB Blend would open). I'm running Win7 SP1 64-bit. I have a BB Classic.

I have been beside myself trying to back up my phone and can't really say I'm pleased with BB support options (you'd think they'd want to keep us remaining few customers...). I did, however, find this solution that apparently had something to do with an iTunes update:

BlackBerry Link has stopped working after updating to iTunes 12.5

It tells you to rename a hidden file in your iTunes AppData folder and warns you that the change "may have adverse effects on the iTunes functionality" and that iTunes Sync will no longer work with BB Link.

After changing the iTunes file name, I was FINALLY able to open BB Link again. iTunes opened as well, but I haven't really tested it. I figure I can rename the file back to it's old name if I run into an issue. I don't really use iTunes, so for me, this is an acceptable fix.

Best of luck
    Last edited by Elite1; 10-19-16 at 03:55 PM.
    10-19-16 02:53 PM
    C:\Users"your user name"\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes
    edit this file
    "iTunesPrefs.xml"
    "
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict/> <-------- and remove "/"
    </plist>
    "
    save file and open BB Link
    veved likes this.
    12-12-16 03:16 PM
    Thanks for this information this allowed me to open my BlackBerry link desktop software and sync!
    01-03-17 10:00 AM
    This is just trash, shouldn't have to do all this
    06-06-17 02:33 PM
    Not that hard:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    06-07-17 08:59 AM
    You're right. We shouldn't.

But, since Link is EOL, and no one at BlackBerry is even looking at it any more (much less, working on it), it's all we can do.

Joel
    06-07-17 09:06 AM
    You're right. We shouldn't.

But, since Link is EOL, and no one at BlackBerry is even looking at it any more (much less, working on it), it's all we can do.

Joel
    Yeah, all you have to do is take fifteen minute away from your work on curing cancer...
    06-07-17 12:51 PM
    My Links fix - I too couldnt get Links to work with my Z30. Tried everything listed on the forums. For me it was a simple fix and now it connects every time i plug the phone in. I installed a new USB 3 port. I had had BBLinks uninstalled from the computer so when i plugged the phone in it started me on the process of installing Links/Blend right from the phone. Before now the phone had never given me this option and always gave me the typical errors everyone gets. This cost me $15 figured it was worth a try, i hope this will also solve a printer issue i have
    10-27-17 08:51 AM
    If you have the time, try a reinstall of windows, uninstall your drivers and check for hardware changes. Get the latest ver of link from the bb website and install it. Consider windows 10, set it up offline, easy enough to remove the bloat with powershell.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-17 12:34 AM
    Try with windows 7its working fine...as i downgrade my windows OS

Posted via CB10
    10-29-17 07:34 AM