My BlackBerry Link suddenly stopped working. It crashes when my computer loads up at start, and I'm unable to get it working. Blend seems to work. Bigger problem is I can't seem to uninstall Link in order to do a reinstall. Any suggestions? I'm using Windows 10. Going through uninstall on Windows gives me the box to allow uninstall but nothing happens when I click it.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 12:36 PM
    My BlackBerry Link suddenly stopped working. It crashes when my computer loads up at start, and I'm unable to get it working. Blend seems to work. Bigger problem is I can't seem to uninstall Link in order to do a reinstall. Any suggestions? I'm using Windows 10. Going through uninstall on Windows gives me the box to allow uninstall but nothing happens when I click it.

Posted via CB10
    have you tried re-starting your computer?

Also I got link not to open up on start
    12-31-15 06:02 PM
    I had a similar issue before, ended up having to use Revo Uninstaller and let it clean out the registry of anything BlackBerry. After it cleared the registry, I didn't have any more issues with blend or link.

Hope you get it working.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 06:46 PM
    Honestly, that sounds like a Windows issue, not a BlackBerry Link one.

What I do, is always load up BlackBerry Link first, then after the program is fully loaded, I connect the device with an OEM BlackBerry USB cable. It has always worked flawlessly for me with my Windows 10 desktop.

As for not being able to uninstall Link, that is for sure a problem with Windows.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 09:45 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I've tried Revo uninstaller and CCleaner to remove Link. It appears to be gone from the computer but I still can't reinstall the BlackBerry software. And if I search on my Windows it still shows desktop software as available.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 10:30 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I've tried Revo uninstaller and CCleaner to remove Link. It appears to be gone from the computer but I still can't reinstall the BlackBerry software. And if I search on my Windows it still shows desktop software as available.

Posted via CB10
    I manually went into the registry and removed all BlackBerry, RIM, and research in motion references.

I then searched my hard drive for all the same references and deleted the files and folders.

Rebooted and could turn reinstall Link.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 10:40 PM
    Figured it out. It was a windows thing. I actually had to roll back a Windows 10 update to get it fixed. Seems to be working now. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 10:39 PM
    As for not being able to uninstall Link, that is for sure a problem with Windows.
    link can be uninstalled with window 10 or any previous windows
    01-03-16 08:28 PM