Got my Z10 this morning, installed Blackberry Link, but when I try to sign into my account, I'm getting an error message that says, "Unable to sign in to your Blackberry ID. Please make sure you are connected to the internet and try again."

Obviously I'm connected to the internet, so... now what? Any ideas??
    g2gcya likes this.
    03-22-13 12:42 PM
    I had something similar. Try turning off wifi when you connect. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:38 PM
    It's not the phone that won't connect, it's the program. Before I even have the phone connected, I try to sign in on the computer and it won't work.
    03-22-13 04:01 PM
    I have the same problem

The phone can connect to blackberry world

I can login to blackberry world using a browser and myID and password, but blackberry link just says

"Unable to sign in to your Blackberry ID. Please make sure you are connected to the internet and try again."

I have tried unistalling and re-installing the link software and have checked I have latest version of link software

the phone connects to the link software and does backups and syncs etc, its just blackberry link will not sign in to the blackberry servers

anybody got any ideas

Tkgafs
    03-26-13 06:02 AM
    Having tested further the issue seems to be that blackberry link does not obey or use any proxy settings that might be required to get through a corporate firewall. My network people allowed my pc through the firewall briefly and Blackberry Link connected straight away. So the issue needs raised with Blackberry
    03-26-13 10:39 AM
    Ok... but I'm at home, and I even shut down my firewall just in case that was the issue... nothing...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:33 AM
    same here,,, this bug has plagued BBLink since i installed it...
    03-26-13 01:54 PM
    Router settings? Maybe your PC is in stealth mode ?
    03-26-13 02:07 PM
    I've been facing this problem too and it seems that BlackBerry Link doesn't have any option to use the system proxy settings which a lot of other desktop softwares do. This is an extremely essential feature which is missing and it would be great if BlackBerry fixed it.

Besides this, I'm also not able to download any apps from the BlackBerry World on my Limited Edition Z10 using an internet connection which is behind a proxy. However I'm able to update my BlackBerry OS using the same internet connection which just seems weird.
    04-30-13 08:59 AM
    Just had the same problem, I closed Link and reopenned and it worked.
    04-30-13 10:38 AM
    I restarted my laptop which seemed to work.
    05-05-13 01:40 AM
    I've uninstalled BB Link and rebooted many times to no avail. Anyone found a solution for this?
    05-21-13 09:47 PM
    I have found that, instead of disableing the firewall, I ADDED BB Link to the list of exceptions in the firewall. Boom. Fixed. (This is Windows Firewall I'm talking about now.) Try that and let me know.
    05-21-13 11:10 PM
    Thanks for the tip, I apologize I should have mentioned I'm on a mac. However I did go and view the firewall settings and the firewall was actually off. This was working when I had mountain lion installed but since ML is a pos I downgraded to snow leopard.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:27 AM
    I've had this problem for about a month now. None of the measures suggested in this thread have fixed it. As a result, Remote File Sharing is not an option for me.
    06-20-13 12:12 PM
    Seriously!! How is this still an issue?!?! I can't sign-in and hence I can't use remote access file-sharing.. so annoying!
    07-14-13 08:24 PM
    [HL]hi there im having the same problems able to connect phone to laptop and sync whatever. but when trying to signin it saying retry as not connected to the internet ? i made sure my email has all been verfiyed but still wont let me sign in have you been able to sort the problem out ?
    10-09-13 09:54 AM
    [HL]hi there im having the same problems able to connect phone to laptop and sync whatever. but when trying to signin it saying retry as not connected to the internet ? i made sure my email has all been verfiyed but still wont let me sign in have you been able to sort the problem out ?
    I was never able to solve it. I'm not using BB at the moment, but I never did get this working.
    10-09-13 10:22 AM
    I had the same issue on work computer. Believe it was the network, because as soon as I unplugged ethernet cord and used my BlackBerry to tether, it connected right away.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    abohgar and anon(5602692) like this.
    10-09-13 10:55 AM
    i have the same problem
    10-22-13 03:33 AM
    saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame here
    10-22-13 04:09 AM
    It works with hotspot shield. Connect the hotspot first before signing in on the link.. Good luck!
    11-13-13 01:46 AM