I have windows 10 and I have been unable to get BlackBerry Link to work on it. It just tells me that there's been a problem and program has to close. I have installed and uninstalled it a couple of times and nothing. Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix that?
    02-27-17 05:53 PM
    I found this post but don't remenber where but it's fix for me

First: I went to the following link and followed the instructions to modify the iTunes file.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

Second: I uninstalled the Blackberry 10 Desktop Software (that includes the Blackberry Link and Blackberry Blend.) Make sure you restart your computer after uninstalling the software to ensure that everything is removed from your system.

Third: I downloaded the Blackberry 10 Desktop Software (that includes the Blackberry Link and Blackberry Blend.) from the link below and reinstall it. (Make sure to first “save” the download to your computer; just in case you have to uninstall and reinstall again, because I had to uninstall and reinstall about five times before mine started working again normally.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...BC38EADC8BCFFB...

Finally: After reinstalling the software, the system may ask you to sign into to Blackberry Account with your Blackberry ID and Password. After many months of not being able to sync my Blackberry Passport with my computer, or to backup the Passport to an external drive, I am pleased to announce that I am now able to do both … without the assistance of Research In Motion company! You may want to try it too … it worked for me, and it may or may not work for you. But I hope it works for you too!‎

lolo69 #welove&wheshare
    02-28-17 05:05 AM

First: I went to the following link and followed the instructions to modify the iTunes file.

Second: I uninstalled the Blackberry 10 Desktop Software (that includes the Blackberry Link and Blackberry Blend.) Make sure you restart your computer after uninstalling the software to ensure that everything is removed from your system.

Third: I downloaded the Blackberry 10 Desktop Software (that includes the Blackberry Link and Blackberry Blend.) from the link below and reinstall it. (Make sure to first “save” the download to your computer; just in case you have to uninstall and reinstall again, because I had to uninstall and reinstall about five times before mine started working again normally.

Finally: After reinstalling the software, the system may ask you to sign into to Blackberry Account with your Blackberry ID and Password. After many months of not being able to sync my Blackberry Passport with my computer, or to backup the Passport to an external drive, I am pleased to announce that I am now able to do both … without the assistance of Research In Motion company! You may want to try it too … it worked for me, and it may or may not work for you. But I hope it works for you too!‎

lolo69 #welove&wheshare
    I'll try it as soon as I get home, thanks! I deleted a couple of text messages that I need back. They are saved on my BlackBerry backups from my Passport. Hopefully I can get it working and get those messages back.
    02-28-17 07:48 AM
    Thanks for this post. I had almost given up on ever using BlackBerry Link again. It seems like the Apple iTunesPrefs.xml file was the real culprit after all. Once this file is renamed or deleted then all's well with BlackBerry Link. My own feelings tell me that's another sabotage by the rivals aimed at sinking BlackBerry. Anyway, the damage was already done and that was just another nail in the BlackBerry 10 coffin. Now all that's left is just a flickering flame on the dark side of competition.

However, this is one more reason why I don't intend to buy either iPhone or Samsung smartphones.
    02-28-17 05:01 PM
    Happy it is work. Because for me i'm using blackberry link and Blend fine in m'y windows 10 laptop. Staying with m'y all bb10 device(sorry for my english)

lolo69 #welove&wheshare
    03-01-17 11:00 AM

lolo69 #welove&wheshare
    Thank you very much! I was able to get it running again. Hopefully I'm able to do and get what I need.
    03-04-17 10:01 PM