Out of curiosity, if you can still drag and drop videos, music, documents, etc, then why bother at all with Link? Personally, this has always been the strongest feature for me of having a blackberry phone. I find desktop manager programs to be insidouous products that bury themselves deeply into your OS sucking the life out of it and assuming that its users are to stupid to think for themselves. Drag and drop if its there is the way to go. The only time I use a desktop manager program is to back up my devices. Every thing else, I'll do it manually.
    for some reason, if I do not have a SD card in, I can't use mass storage mode and when not in mass storage mode I just can't connect to the phone. Wired or wirelessly I just can't connect to my phone to browse it. The very first time I plugged it it worked and since then nada. I've tried every trick and it just don't work.
    02-12-13 09:13 AM
    I need to vent about this thing. Here it goes.

I finally had it today and uninstalled this giant steaming pile of software RIM gave us to manager our phones. There are numerous problems. The media sync feature is completely broken for me. It never syncs the media files I specify and instead just syncs everything. If something does not exist on my Z10 it does not get added. Instead, link removes it from the library. It runs too much of it's functionality on the UI thread causing it to crash constantly if you click too much at once. It is not intuitive at all. Backups take way too long.

Here is what led me to finally uninstall this unreliable piece of software.

1. Plug in phone to computer and open Link.
    2. It immediately crashes.
    3. Re open link. Wait 15 minutes for backup to complete.
    4. Install link update.
    5. The updater crashes.
    6. End processes for link and the updater.
    7. Restart link and try again.
    8. Update finished, restart computer.
    9. Link was completely removed from computer.
    10. Download installer and install link
    11. New Z10 update, let's install.
    12. Half way through, surprise! link crashes.
    13. Panic like crazy and hope that unplugging the phone does not cause it to brick.
    14. Restart phone, thankfully it is OK.
    15. Do update OTA.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    04-04-13 12:52 PM
    I tried to connect my BB to my PC, first BB device (Z10). Downloaded whatever program. And wont open. Pretty annoying. Will try again later.
    04-04-13 01:47 PM
    Pretty useless right now!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:35 PM
    It makes my 2012 macbook pro hang. Seriously hang. I can't do anything on it until it loads. I've never thrown a program at this thing that it couldn't handle. Quadcore brought to it's knees.
    04-04-13 05:10 PM
    Eh I don't like using software to put music on my phone so I did it the old fashioned way by dragging and dropping to the SD card. No need to bother with software unless it's for backups, OS installations and updates

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 05:18 PM
    Makes my Vaio lag and doesn't actually put all my music on my phone just what it deems to be acceptable. I hate it and want to smash my face through the glass of my laptop every time it automatically launches upon system start up.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 05:24 PM
    Link is kinda crappy for me. Doesn't do much except backup and hang. In essence, a blinged up version of desktop manager.

Would be awesome if it had support to manage contacts.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:28 PM
    Makes my Vaio lag and doesn't actually put all my music on my phone just what it deems to be acceptable. I hate it and want to smash my face through the glass of my laptop every time it automatically launches upon system start up.

Posted via CB10
    In settings you can click the start on log in button to turn that off.
    04-04-13 06:32 PM
    Ditto!
    04-04-13 08:31 PM
    Lol every time I install link on my comp it disables my use wifi device and I cannot connect to the Internet.

Damn windows8!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:38 PM
    Wow, I thought I was the only one who hated BB Link........glad I'm not alone.

It's slow and nowhere near as easy to use as Desktop Manager was, and the fact that OS7 devices are not supported makes no sense. IMO they should have at least updated DM to support BB10 as well as legacy devices, if that was even possible.
    04-04-13 11:19 PM
    I just had to reinstall it just now because it wouldn't download an applications update >_<
    04-05-13 12:01 AM
    Thanks! God I was going mad.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 02:59 AM
    I also don't like BB Link in its current form. I would like the option to choose if you want to use synch or not. Biggest issue Ihave is with how it handles OS updates, there is no pause in the process (eg. I would like to download the OS, save it and install it at a later stage).

DTM was way better imho.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:25 AM
    They better be working on an AWESOME update for it? That's why it's taking so long....
    04-06-13 12:36 AM
    Lol guess I'm the only one loving it (well in context of other non apple phones with osx)

I'm running apple osx mountain lion, and BlackBerry link has proven stable to me. I'm also very impressed with full two way integration with iTunes 11. It is nice that my play lists synchronise. No need for additional manual tasks.

My work flow is connect, enter blackberry password, perform backup and sync media with iTunes library.

All happens automatically with other than entering my device password no interaction required.

Manually dragging and dropping is so last century meta data and automation is where it's at

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 12:40 AM
    I'm glad, that I am not alone who is having Problems with BB Link.

My Problem is:

I installed BB link on my iMac and everything was fine, BB Link founds my iTunes and my documents. I Start syncing to my Z10 and everything works perfect. ITunes is installed on an external harddrive.

After some problems during syncing, I reinstalled BB Link on my iMac and now BB Link can't even connect to my iTunes Libary and to my documents.
    In the settings of BB Link I Chose some folders, which I would like to sync, but BB Link doesn't show me any Folders.

It's really frustrating to me, now I put my folders via USB mass storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-14-13 03:20 PM
    I've been trying to get my music on my Z10 since launch now. My computer is not a piece of garbage but pretty much any command I give BlackBerry Link causes it to not respond. It takes a lot of time to navigate around my media and it will often crash...

Am I the only one experiencing this? Would appreciate some insight.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Yeah it is a piece of **** doesn't work well at syncing I have used for process of drag and copy something like that

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:17 PM
    I wonder why there are such differing experiences. I'm so impressed with BB Link and its integration into iTunes on my mac. it works perfectly and every time...
    04-14-13 07:26 PM
    Works just fine with me, connected via wifi since my stupid old dell has problems installing it with the usb, couldn't install my nexus 7 either so that's why I know it's definitely my computer.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:43 PM
    In a word, YES! I hate it. It's slow, archaic, and pretty useless. I really wish I had desktop manager back. :-(

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:28 PM
    Hate it.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:40 PM
    It won't even let me back up..
    Same here. I have Link installed on two computers, office and home, and I can't back up on either one. Sometimes it detects the Z10, sometimes it doesn't. The computers seem to detect the Z10 fine in Mass Storage mode, but Link doesn't seem to know the Z10 is there. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, and uninstalled all other BB software from legacy days, but no luck so far.

I don't care about syncing media anyway. I'd just like to be able to back up settings and OS data.
    04-16-13 09:11 AM
    I haven't been able to run Link on my PC either. I have installed /uninstalled it 4x and cleared all other BlackBerry stuff from my computer. I have also tried the "Repair" option on the installer with no luck. All I get when I try to run Link is the black title screen and then a couple of minutes later I get the "This application has had a problem and needs to close" box pop up. I had to do the switch to my Z10 by drag & drop and by Bluetooth. I guess that's the best way to go..

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 06:11 PM
60 123