Guys, please help me make it clear. Is there any easy way to backup my device contacts and then reload them with BB Link? I have the 1.2 version but unfortunately I can't seem to find any way to deal with this.

Sorry for the noob question.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 01:51 AM
    Guys, please help me make it clear. Is there any easy way to backup my device contacts and then reload them with BB Link? I have the 1.2 version but unfortunately I can't seem to find any way to deal with this.

Sorry for the noob question.

Posted via CB10
    To be clear, you have a BB7 phone, and you're now on BB10, and want to move your contacts over, or...?
    09-27-13 04:28 AM
    I have a Q10 and I'd like to backup my contacts easily, so I can import and/or export them from my device to my computer and vice versa
    09-27-13 05:59 AM
    I have a Q10 and I'd like to backup my contacts easily, so I can import and/or export them from my device to my computer and vice versa
    Just DL BB Link, plug your phone into your PC's USB, follow the instructions.

BlackBerry Q10 Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone Help 101
    09-27-13 06:41 AM
    Get Fire Chest Backup. It's free in BlackBerry World. Problem solved

There is an update coming giving you the option of not setting a password on the backup, in which case the contacts are stored as a single vCard file.
    10-02-13 10:05 AM
    Mystic84 may be experiencing a known problem: Blackbery Link doesn't actually work for backing up Contacts. I've got a moderately-sized Contacts list (only 90 entries), and I always get the "Sync Failed" message. This is apparently a "known issue" but there's "no ETA to resolution."
    timmsy likes this.
    02-13-14 11:53 AM
    Get Fire Chest Backup. It's free in BlackBerry World. Problem solved

There is an update coming giving you the option of not setting a password on the backup, in which case the contacts are stored as a single vCard file.
    As a very happy user of your excellent apps, I tried to get Fire Chest Backup from BBW for my wife's Z10 but for some reason it does not show up on bbw when searching for it from her phone. Could you please give me a direct link for it?
    Also does it matter that her Z10 is stl100-3 while mine is stl100-2?
    Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 01:24 PM
    As a very happy user of your excellent apps, I tried to get Fire Chest Backup from BBW for my wife's Z10 but for some reason it does not show up on bbw when searching for it from her phone. Could you please give me a direct link for it?
    Also does it matter that her Z10 is stl100-3 while mine is stl100-2?
    Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    Fire Chest Backup - BlackBerry World
    02-14-14 07:37 AM
    Mystic84 may be experiencing a known problem: Blackbery Link doesn't actually work for backing up Contacts. I've got a moderately-sized Contacts list (only 90 entries), and I always get the "Sync Failed" message. This is apparently a "known issue" but there's "no ETA to resolution."
    Try turning off wifi on phone. Not disconnecting from wifi. Turn it off. Then plug in and try syncing (I assume you are using outlook)

Sent via CB10 on my ? Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-14-14 07:45 AM
    Bblink does not backup contacts as a separate database. It is lumped into application data.
    You can sync with link to Outlook or other client on pc. Or you can wirelessly sync with outlook.com,gmail.com,yahoo.com etc. This way can be JUST contacts. Gmail gives an export option to CSV. Not sure about the others.

Sent via CB10 on my ? Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-14-14 07:49 AM
    Hello. I have contacts saved in my yahoo address book on my blackberry. Whenever I try to export contacts to outlook from my blackberry, only the contacts stored in my Gmail account are exported. Can you please instruct me how to export the Yahoo contacts to Outlook?
    03-13-14 08:39 AM
    Hello. I have contacts saved in my yahoo address book on my blackberry. Whenever I try to export contacts to outlook from my blackberry, only the contacts stored in my Gmail account are exported. Can you please instruct me how to export the Yahoo contacts to Outlook?
    If you have contacts saved in Yahoo, I would go onto Yahoo.com/mail and use their online "contacts export" feature. One option is to create a "csv" file. Choose that as your export option. Outlook can import files in csv format so you should be golden.

http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailt...dress_Book.htm

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 09:43 AM
    Thanks for your reply...

The contacts I was referring to were Phones Numbers. I am not sure if the numbers will appear in the Yahoo Mail App.
    03-20-14 01:10 PM