I know it's not a solution, but hopefully the 10.3.1 update will solve the issue for you.

Posted via CB10
    that's what I am thinking now, but I understand that the update keeps the settings/apps , unless
    they completely re-designed the file-manager (ie. uses different file settings), darn the android is far superior on this, I remember I could wipe even the prefs files of system apps! (at least on rooted devices), I really want to avoid a wipe/refresh as I have OTP AUTH apps and -at least a couple of them- need some days to connect the new OTPs (as their IDs won't be the same)
    02-15-15 12:06 PM
    I'm running 10.3.1.1016. That works with win7 and the Link bundled with Blend. The old link had issues with 10.3.

Also I don't use crypto. (If you have a phone where the lock screen works and the ports are secure, I don't see the need for crypto. You can yank my SD card and read it, but nothing important is on it.)

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 01:19 PM
    I know it's not a solution, but hopefully the 10.3.1 update will solve the issue for you.

Posted via CB10
    And therein lies the problem: getting the official update and not having to use a destructive auto loader.
    This problem is 2 years old now.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    gemoelle likes this.
    02-15-15 10:14 PM
    Works great for me!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 11:12 PM
    "Blackberry link.. buggy OS or built by idiots?"

Yes! BB Link has been treated like the red headed stepchild, from the very beginning. It came out as a completely worthless tool. After much complaining and cajoling, they finally came out with an update that kinda, sorta works for some things. In spite of requests, for better productivity, there has not been an update, in more than 7 months. I sometimes get the feeling that people at BB look upon their customers as nothing more than an irritant.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-16-15 01:59 AM
    that's what I am thinking now, but I understand that the update keeps the settings/apps , unless
    they completely re-designed the file-manager (ie. uses different file settings), darn the android is far superior on this, I remember I could wipe even the prefs files of system apps! (at least on rooted devices), I really want to avoid a wipe/refresh as I have OTP AUTH apps and -at least a couple of them- need some days to connect the new OTPs (as their IDs won't be the same)
    From 10.2.1, everything has been redesigned. Its all new code. It'll need about 3gb of free space on the phone for the install process. Although I don't know of it'll solve your problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:59 AM
    BlackBerry is sitting on 3billlion in cash. Chen needs to spend some money on programmers so that they can get their software updates out in a reasonable time frame, and actually put some effort into producing a computer interface that works. Link is an absolutely unacceptable piece of software that should have never been released to the public. The older BlackBerry Desktop Software works infinitely better than Link...

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and Velocitymj like this.
    02-16-15 03:12 AM
    I posted a thread in BlackBerry's forums about how they don't listen to the consumer's complaints.
    I also posted a link to this thread and another one with complaints as well.
    Perhaps if enough people post both here and there, someone at BlackBerry will wake up to how mediocre their operation towards their customers is.

"Why Won't BlackBerry Listen?"
    02-17-15 07:26 PM
    I posted a thread in BlackBerry's forums about how they don't listen to the consumer's complaints.
    I also posted a link to this thread and another one with complaints as well.
    Perhaps if enough people post both here and there, someone at BlackBerry will wake up to how mediocre their operation towards their customers is.

"Why Won't BlackBerry Listen?"
    I hate to go off topic, but I can retrieve old data from the calendar.

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/02/1...look-com-free/

I run linux so no Outlook for me, but the link above claims you can sync.

Personally, I never let a computer sync anything. Things can go very wrong with syncing. If you really want your contacts synced, supposedly bb10 supports LDAP, but perhaps only for BES. However you might suggest to BlackBerry they put LDAP into whatever you call plain bb10.

I'm not a fan of cloud services, but I trust the cloud more than I trust syncing. BTW if you use IMAP email, you sorts of get your desktop contacts synced to your phone. That is a message you send from your desktop will appear on your phone. The problem with IMAP is you eventually need to clean up the mail server. I do this by having a separate user account on desktop and access the email via pop. That "de-clouds" the email and backs it up on your desktop.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:12 PM
    I appreciate your link, but I'm on a Mac and I use iCal and have been using it since it was introduced to OSX.
    Every phone platform, including BlackBerry OS7 is designed to retain calendar data for several years. They're also designed to sync with our computer systems and not the other way around.
    Using Outlook is in reality, a work around and points out one of the flaws of BlackBerry OS10.
    With regard to having to rely on the internet to retrieve data due to the inefficiency of my phone:
    I believe that I'm not the only person who lives where there areas without cell phone signal. To have to rely on "the cloud" instead of just retrieving the info directly from our phones is a work around that may or will not work in certain geographical areas.
    BlackBerry is the only phone that I'm aware of that requires a work around for an operation that is common found with all other phone platforms.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-18-15 at 01:09 PM.
    02-18-15 12:44 PM
    Not for me. The version of Link with Blend released in mid December does NOT work on my Win 7 machine, but the previous Link-only version does.

The Link with Blend simply can't sign into my BBID, so Blend won't even start up. Tells me these no Internet. But everything else on the PC has Internet access.

I can still use Link for backups and direct access with phone plugged in, but Wi-Fi access and remote file access is not possible without being signed in to the BBID.

If I reload the old Link, it can sign in with no problems and everything works. It just doesn't have Blend.

I've been back and forth with BlackBerry Support, sent logs of both the old working Link and new non-working Link/Blend installs. All they can figure is that Link/Blend is not installing properly. Well, I can figure that out - but I have no control over how a self-installing program installs itself.

Posted via CB10
    Turn your firewall off and see if it works. Then you know it's just a misconfigured firewall.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 12:59 PM
    I appreciate your link, but I'm on a Mac and I use iCal and have been using it since it was introduced to OSX.
    Every phone platform, including BlackBerry OS7 is designed to sync with our computer systems and not the other way around.
    Using Outlook is in reality, a work around and points out the inefficiency of BlackBerry OS10.
    I believe that I'm not the only person who lives where there areas without cell phone signal. To have to rely on "the cloud" instead of just retrieving the info directly from our phones is a work around that may or will not work in certain geographical areas.
    BlackBerry is the only phone that I'm aware of that requires a work around for an operation that is basic with all other platforms.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Seems to me if you have no wireless access, cloud versus sync doesn't make much of a difference.

BlackBerry always was a business phone, which implies windows. As a linux user, I'm probably in worse shape than you, but I don't sync. IMAP bridges my email between desktop and phone for the most part. If i enter a contact on the BlackBerry and mail that person, IMAP means the message will appear on my desktop, hence I have the contact data.

You can do internet searches on sync issues with IOS and Android. Plenty of problems out there.

Regarding the calendar, I just use my BlackBerry. That is, I have no desktop calendar, so nothing to sync.

Have I mentioned I don't like syncing? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 01:18 PM
    I understand the purpose and reason to use Link and requiring its use for backup, but do people realize that as long as the drivers are installed your phone is recognized as storage device and you can drag and drop files to it as long as the OS recognizes it as such?
    02-18-15 01:19 PM
    I understand the purpose and reason to use Link and requiring its use for backup, but do people realize that as long as the drivers are installed your phone is recognized as storage device and you can drag and drop files to it as long as the OS recognizes it as such?
    Exactly. I don't use BlackBerry Link. Everything I need backed up is already online - files, photos, contacts, emails, calendars, messages backup... if the phone crashes all I need to do is to move my SIM and SD to another device. 10min later it's fully up and running.
    02-18-15 04:46 PM
    Turn your firewall off and see if it works. Then you know it's just a misconfigured firewall.

Posted via CB10
    Tried that. Didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:27 PM
    Tried that. Didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    There is something definitely blocking the connection to the Internet. Did you try turning off the firewall on your router?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:35 PM
    If you have samba on your PC, you can read both the SD card and some of the directories on the device itself. Samba is a standard linux program, but it runs on other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:50 PM
    Guess that?? Updated to 10.3.1 ... the 'new' file manager on the device STILL has the previous settings like the old desktop that is all the time displayed as "Offline" , no way to add any new desktop (remote file) even running the Link on a windows PC!
    Seems the only 'solution' is ...to wipe the device !?

Message to the developer(s) of this crap : F*CK YOU!
    02-19-15 03:44 PM
    For anyone having problems on Windows 7 or 8, try the following:

1. Open a command prompt (Run as administrator)
    2. Type the following to reset TCP/IP: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    3. Reboot your PC
    4. Reinstall the latest BlackBerry Blend from here (note this download will be bundled with Link and updated drivers, which you need in order to get Blend working successfully)

After the installation, make sure your Windows firewall has the following allowances for BlackBerry Blend and BlackBerry Link:

Blackberry link.. buggy OS or built by idiots?-firewall_blend.jpg
    Blackberry link.. buggy OS or built by idiots?-firewall_link.jpg

This is how I have it set up, and I have absolutely no issues using Blend/Link on Windows 8.1 with a Z30.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 02-19-15 at 06:04 PM.
    02-19-15 05:48 PM
    Link works well for me. I use it all the time for backup and restores since I always install the latest leaks. I'm on the latest WIN 8.1

Passport and 10.3.1.1154
    02-19-15 06:17 PM
    mate in my case the issue is not the DESKTOP link .
    The issue is that there is one ,desktop name, linked on the god damn file manager visible
    all the time as "offline" even I renamed that desktop to something else, there is no way to see the remote files. One guy told me that maybe has something to do with the BB account ie some info stuck there, but I assume if I delete my BB account I will lose any app that I prchased via the BB world!

The whole sh*t is the darn think is so unreliable, I have a c*cksucking 3yrs old android that has the ability to DELETE any settings from even the system apps! something on the BB is on prehistoric age!
    02-19-15 08:23 PM
    Seems to me if you have no wireless access, cloud versus sync doesn't make much of a difference.

BlackBerry always was a business phone, which implies windows. As a linux user, I'm probably in worse shape than you, but I don't sync. IMAP bridges my email between desktop and phone for the most part. If i enter a contact on the BlackBerry and mail that person, IMAP means the message will appear on my desktop, hence I have the contact data.

You can do internet searches on sync issues with IOS and Android. Plenty of problems out there.

Regarding the calendar, I just use my BlackBerry. That is, I have no desktop calendar, so nothing to sync.

Have I mentioned I don't like syncing? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    I don't know why a phone used for business would imply using Windows. I've never read anything like that anywhere, since millions of businesses, in the U.S. alone, use Apple computers.
    That may be the way that you run your business by just using your phone calendar, but I have an office and my calendar sync lets my book keeper / secretary know what I'm doing, where my men are supposed to be and whats been done on a specific day in order to help with billing and scheduling.
    It also allows me to copy and paste information from the calendar to new customer information to our Quickbooks.
    It's also a hell of a lot faster to enter information on a full sized keyboard than it is on a phone keypad (physical or touchscreen).
    So, if you don't syncing why are you replying, since this is not a concern of yours?
    02-19-15 11:36 PM
    @OP your issue is with the remote file access only?

Are you signed in with your BBID in link?
    Is blend able to find your phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 11:39 PM
    @OP your issue is with the remote file access only?

Are you signed in with your BBID in link?
    Is blend able to find your phone?

Posted via CB10
    yes, my desktop is displayed as 'offline' (after the 'Device' and 'Media card') , even I deleted it from the
    (desktop) Link *and* the Paired computers, stangely the Paired computers section has 3 entries like "Desktop-xxxx"
    I assume they are the connections that I tried to do (installed link to other pc) , but even when I delete these systems from the list ... they re-appear again and again!

It seems I am going to do a wipe now, as I found a solution with the re-installation of the OTA auth apps...
    will report again.
    02-20-15 02:22 AM
    I don't know why a phone used for business would imply using Windows. I've never read anything like that anywhere, since millions of businesses, in the U.S. alone, use Apple computers.
    That may be the way that you run your business by just using your phone calendar, but I have an office and my calendar sync lets my book keeper / secretary know what I'm doing, where my men are supposed to be and whats been done on a specific day in order to help with billing and scheduling.
    It also allows me to copy and paste information from the calendar to new customer information to our Quickbooks.
    It's also a hell of a lot faster to enter information on a full sized keyboard than it is on a phone keypad (physical or touchscreen).
    So, if you don't syncing why are you replying, since this is not a concern of yours?
    Bb10 supports caldav. (Look for advanced features where you set up your email on the phone.) I don't do anything Apple. But linux supports caldav, so I'd be shocked if Apple can't.

http://caldav.calconnect.org/impleme...s/clients.html

The claim is iCal can accept caldav. Apple has a way of taking industry standards and screwing them up, but you could just use Google calendar. (Say what you want about Google, they are a company that believes in standards. And trust me, I'm no Google fanboi.)

Edit:
    Caldav is also a cloud service, so you will need to use a google account or set up your own server.

You want to sync when the rest of the world wisely gave up on that and went to the cloud. (Technically the clients do sync to the server, but the server is the master database. I try to avoid cloud services unless I am 100% convinced they are superior, such as IMAP.)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gariac; 02-20-15 at 03:08 AM.
    02-20-15 02:57 AM
95 1234