Both of them I think!

Well, this is so f* unreliable!
    It works for some days then it shows my desktop (OSX) as offline, even is online and BB link
    is running... I am not talking about mobile internet issues, the darn thing even is not working when I am connected via wireless on the safe effin router!

yes, I deleted the desktop from the BB , even renamed both the devices , sometimes the old desktop appears on the BB as Desktop-XXXX (XXXX some combination of capital letters/digits) two times!

total crap
    Velocitymj, playfoot and Doggerz like this.
    02-11-15 12:07 PM
    Total crap software. It used to be good with OS7.1. But I don't back up or restore using bb10 software.

I've found BlackBerry Blend to be better though.

Using link just restores old problems after an update and creates new ones. It's best to just backup contacts and photos and files by other means.

Only thing I wish I could do is import/export bookmarks.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-11-15 12:11 PM
    Sounds like it was built by the same people as Nokia Suite..
    Umaima_B_Dia and MrDoreth like this.
    02-11-15 12:11 PM
    Its f* annoying that so far the remote (desktop) file access on the "file manager" on the BB still has the old name of my desktop , impossible to remove it... and no, I m not going to do an OS 'refresh' on the device and loose my apps/settings.
    02-12-15 08:02 AM
    Its f* annoying that so far the remote (desktop) file access on the "file manager" on the BB still has the old name of my desktop , impossible to remove it... and no, I m not going to do an OS 'refresh' on the device and loose my apps/settings.
    Ok.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-12-15 08:03 AM
    Blackberry Link is horrible and needs a complete overhaul, yet nothing happens. Last update was seven months ago.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-12-15 11:01 AM
    Yeah, Link is dog testicles. It's a good thing that it isn't exactly required for accessing device storage, unlike the infamous iTunes.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 11:04 AM
    It works flawlessly on my Surface Pro 3.
    But with my MacBook Air, it's hit and miss.
    Obviously a problem with OSX.

As good as Passport is in some areas, as much like Beta it often is in other areas.
    Blend = great
    Link = so so...

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 04:09 PM
    My link crashes on start no matter how many times I reinstall it. Totally broken.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    02-12-15 08:09 PM
    in my case I don't think its an issue the OSX , as the desktop is still displayed as (offline) on the device (file manager) and has the old name (as I renamed it) , seems the config on file manager on the BB is ****ed up.
    02-14-15 06:16 PM
    I haven't downloaded Link in a while, but there are/were two versions in the wild. One was a direct download of Link. The other was a Blend download that included Link. The version with Blend is the good one.

You won't catch me singing praises about Link, but it works OK on windows. I think the GUI is poor.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 06:36 PM
    Link doesn't work with Win 8.1 for me. I've tried every suggestion I could find on this site and Goggle short of wiping my laptop( I wiped my device) and starting from scratch. I really hope Blackberry upgrades this software soon.
    02-14-15 07:57 PM
    I should add that the OS is also some part of it: Link was even worse on Windows 8.0, but 8.1 fixed up some USB bugs I had.

Posted via CB10
    pogly2 likes this.
    02-14-15 08:33 PM
    I have the same problems.
    I've just gotten used to dealing with it EVERYDAY.
    The problem is that there isn't an answer, just a lot of well intentioned guesses.
    I'm constantly disconnecting and reconnecting my Q10 and or restarting BB Link to get it connected to the computer for a sync. And when it shows that it's connected, to get it to sync.
    The sync runs, but sometimes Link doesn't sync anything.
    The whole OS 10 system (which includes Link) is skeletal and buggy compared to what we had with OS7.
    And BlackBerry doesn't listen and acts like you're the only one with this problem and that's it.
    And it's not a problem with the Mac OS X, it's a problem with BB OS10.
    They build the phone software to work with the computers, not the other way around.
    I'm surprised that I haven't been told to switch to a PC (they tell me to switch to everything else non Apple.. like abandoning iCal and moving to "Outlook").
    I'll be watching this thread to see if you can pull off the impossible and get an answer.

Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-14-15 at 09:36 PM.
    pogly2, BionicKris and bamboocut like this.
    02-14-15 09:25 PM
    Blend sounds good, except we couldn't get it until the next update is released... supposedly in the next week.
    02-14-15 09:28 PM
    in my case I don't think its an issue the OSX , as the desktop is still displayed as (offline) on the device (file manager) and has the old name (as I renamed it) , seems the config on file manager on the BB is ****ed up.
    OSX is also a POS. They have rewritten the OS to ensure you are a prisoner without knowing it. IPhone, iPad, icloud, itunes, integration improvements but productivity software like Numbers, Pages, Apple Mail have been sacrificed. I now use my Macbook for image editing only.

Getting that off my chest, Link on OSX is pretty bad but I am hoping when 10.3 is finally released (Feb 19??) for my Z10 that Blend makes it a moot point.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:58 PM
    Link runs fine on win 7.

I'm going to think hard if I want to take up MS's offer on the free win 10 upgrade. I run linux, but keep a windows PC around for what I can't run under wine. So I won't need the latest and greatest windows, but rather the best supported.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:30 PM
    Link runs fine on win 7.

I'm going to think hard if I want to take up MS's offer on the free win 10 upgrade. I run linux, but keep a windows PC around for what I can't run under wine. So I won't need the latest and greatest windows, but rather the best supported.

Posted via CB10
    I just setup the link under win7, I can see the 'new' desktop on the file manager (on the BB Link page), but still says can't view files, seems definitely that the settings on the device are messed up and there is no way to reset them.
    02-15-15 07:19 AM
    Which OS are you using?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 07:41 AM
    I haven't downloaded Link in a while, but there are/were two versions in the wild. One was a direct download of Link. The other was a Blend download that included Link. The version with Blend is the good one.

You won't catch me singing praises about Link, but it works OK on windows. I think the GUI is poor.

Posted via CB10
    Not for me. The version of Link with Blend released in mid December does NOT work on my Win 7 machine, but the previous Link-only version does.

The Link with Blend simply can't sign into my BBID, so Blend won't even start up. Tells me these no Internet. But everything else on the PC has Internet access.

I can still use Link for backups and direct access with phone plugged in, but Wi-Fi access and remote file access is not possible without being signed in to the BBID.

If I reload the old Link, it can sign in with no problems and everything works. It just doesn't have Blend.

I've been back and forth with BlackBerry Support, sent logs of both the old working Link and new non-working Link/Blend installs. All they can figure is that Link/Blend is not installing properly. Well, I can figure that out - but I have no control over how a self-installing program installs itself.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 07:43 AM
    Yeah, Link is dog testicles. It's a good thing that it isn't exactly required for accessing device storage, unlike the infamous iTunes.

Posted via CB10
    That is true, but iTunes gets updated regularly with enhanced functionality and bug fixes, compared to BlackBerry Link it is a product of highest quality.
    02-15-15 07:58 AM
    Which OS are you using?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 08:27 AM
    I know it's not a solution, but hopefully the 10.3.1 update will solve the issue for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 11:28 AM
    Blackberry link has a lot of issues honestly. I use data cable to connect my phone to the laptop and sometimes the connection just does not establishes. I have reinstalled BlackBerry link thrice and now finally the problem has resolved and the connection is now stable, but I know it will ruin once again.

It becomes a pain cause I cannot transfer music files smoothly on urgent basis. But oh well, the sacrifices I am willing to make for BB10.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    02-15-15 11:34 AM
    I am hoping Blend will be better, because link has never worked for me :/ I've had to open my mass storage media thing to just directly link my phone with my computer... please blend work. just a few more days until the release of 10.3.1 im excited!

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-15-15 11:42 AM
95 123 ...