The latest version of BlackBerry link backs up my pictures when I am am connected to my network

Version 1.1.1.41

I believe this is New or maybe I never noticed

Regardless berry cool

BlackBerry link backs up Pictures thru wifi-img_00005431.jpg

BlackBerry link backs up Pictures thru wifi-img_00005432.jpg

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    08-21-13 09:11 AM
    It isn't new, but it's a very good feature. I don't think "backs up" is the right term. It actually constantly syncs with one's computer. You can even choose to allow that to happen over the cellular network, I believe. A very well executed feature, IMHO.
    dusdal likes this.
    08-21-13 09:21 AM
    Ya, it's funny because I was the same, I had no idea about it and suddenly noticed that it had just been doing it for quite awhile.

I assume you are using remote file access as well?

By far one of my favorite features.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 09:41 AM
    Ya, it's funny because I was the same, I had no idea about it and suddenly noticed that it had just been doing it for quite awhile.

I assume you are using remote file access as well?

By far one of my favorite features.

Posted via CB10
    Affirmative, remote file access is by far the best feature.
    Have been using it since 10.1 came out.

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    dusdal likes this.
    08-21-13 09:45 AM
    I think Link always did this, but for me, it didn't always happen when my phone connected to my computer via WiFi. It seems they've worked out a few bugs and it starts syncing a lot quicker now. I still have issues with my computer not recognizing my Z10 even though they're both on the same WiFi network, but that could be because of issues with my WiFi, not sure. It definitely seems to be improved though.
    08-21-13 09:57 AM
    I did notice using the new link software that when you do a sync , link always shows that the latest sync was never.
    08-21-13 10:15 AM
    I think Link always did this, but for me, it didn't always happen when my phone connected to my computer via WiFi. It seems they've worked out a few bugs and it starts syncing a lot quicker now. I still have issues with my computer not recognizing my Z10 even though they're both on the same WiFi network, but that could be because of issues with my WiFi, not sure. It definitely seems to be improved though.
    Have you tried with your phone connected to the charger ? I read in the help section that the synchronisation only works remotely with Wifi if the phone is being charged. I believe this is to avoid any surprised drained battery while synchronising after a long time and then lots of data !
    08-22-13 11:41 AM
    I haven't, but I can confirm that it DOES transfer/sync when the phone is not plugged in.

I find everything works better and quicker if I leave Link open (minimized to tray). After I take a photo on my phone, it will automatically transfer to my PC within one minute over the WiFi connection. I absolutely love it.
    08-22-13 11:52 AM