I;m running 8.1 as well, and it is a little pickier on networking than XP and even 7, but Link worked for 24 hours or so before i wiped my phone.

As far as Mcafee, it could be causing trouble, but if you turn the firewall portion off, or go into its settings and let BB through, it should not be the problem.

Can you access your phone through through wifi...The sd card and internal storage on your phone show up as mapped drives in your computer?
    04-13-14 05:39 PM
    Am all sorted now, I'll keep you all up for date on its workings.

At the moment it is working through a Wifi connection.
    I uninstalled my BlackBerry Link from the PC, I did use that Revo uninstaller, (sorry no links to the program)
    Reinstalled my BlackBerry Link while my phone went through the harrowing displeasure of having its battery taken out for the reboot.

Keep Ya Posted

jtv1
    04-14-14 03:59 AM
    I've had my computer off for a week now. Going to turn it back on today and see if I can still connect via wifi on link and access my personal pc files thru handset

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 06:49 AM
    Yesterday when I got home, I attempted my BlackBerry Link via my phone hotspot and found that my PC in use was connected but after some time, it didn't my folders.
    I have just checked it out again and I now have them all but I noticed I have an extra folder.
    It's a SkyDrive folder when this has been updated to OneDrive, which I also have.
    Am wondering if I should delete the SkyDrive folder, but at least I am fully connected via my phone.

I depend on my phone when am at home, as it my only connection I have to my Internet via my hotspot, to watch a bit of TV, study and chat, pay bills online and my everything.

Thank you very much BlackBerry

jtv1
    04-16-14 12:56 AM
29 12