Hello.
    When I browse my email in BlackBerry then how can I sure my email password not captured by government?

Thank you
    10-20-16 01:17 PM
    Which government? Just use a proxy. Hola or something like it

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 01:22 PM
    LOL

Best thing is to get a 9900 and setup a BES server at home with BES Express and setup your own email server at home.

Best thing to do is setup your email account with a very complex password and turn on device encryption if you're on bb10.

Even if you have the most secure phone in the world, if you use an email server outside your control, it is the first step to have a security breach.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 02:35 PM
    I mean is not that the Email server give my emails to a government, I mean is that when I browse my Gmail via web browser and enter my password then government can't sniff it.
    10-23-16 10:45 AM
    You're using Gmail and you're worried about the government. I'm pretty sure Google scans your mail for their advertising services

Also, do not use a free proxy like hola. Just go for a paid trusted VPN service. Because who knows what those free proxies do with your data.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 11:19 AM
    Using Gmail pretty much ensures you that you have no privacy left. I wouldn't bother setting up any security on your phone...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 11:20 AM
    As has been mentioned, trying to secure any Google activity is nearly pointless, proxy or not. If you haven't already, take an afternoon to read through the Terms of Service for each Google service you use.

Once you find a more secure alternative, a paid proxy is the way to go.

Also, keep in mind there is no mainstream encryption that any major government can't acquire keys to if they suspect you're up to something nefarious.

Passport SQW100-1 running OS 10.3.3.746
    10-23-16 11:27 AM
    I mean is can my government sniff my password via some tricks like Man-in-the-middle attack?
    10-24-16 09:13 AM
    I mean is can my government sniff my password via some tricks like Man-in-the-middle attack?
    Governments don't care about your password, they only would be interested in the content of your emails, if that is what you are worried about.

But as said in previous post, if your not on your own operated email server, total privacy is a dream, no matter the password you use.
    10-24-16 09:40 AM
    Not to be rude but ...

BlackBerry and internet connection-2016-10-24_1123.png
    10-24-16 01:26 PM
    Consider these options:

www.posteo.de for server side encrypted imap/pop and contacts, two factor authentication and the option to force access from a browser only. Also has optional PGP and forces TLS between mail servers (ie posteo to gmail). (Paid service)

www.protonmail.ch for end-to-end encrypted mail between fellow users, and the ability to encrypt a message for access by a non-user in browser. Can also send regular emails. Proton mail is available via an app (iOS, android and works on BB10), or via browser only. The encryption method used means POP/Imap isn't an option yet. (Free, but paid upgrades available)
    Last edited by chetmanley; 10-24-16 at 01:53 PM.
    10-24-16 01:40 PM