This is ridiculously hard to install a SDK. I am trying to develop native applications. On my desktop running Opensuse 12.3 the IDE refused to start.
    On a virtual machine and my laptop running Ubuntu it starts and then it moans there is no SDK available/installed.? What? I just installed it. The documentation is bad telling me to install the SDk install the IDE which I did.?

When trying to create a project it comes back with a java.lang.reflect exception

Really, is it this hard to install the sdk, I am sure it must have put some people off developing for it.
    06-23-13 12:04 PM
    This is ridiculously hard to install a SDK. I am trying to develop native applications. On my desktop running Opensuse 12.3 the IDE refused to start.
    On a virtual machine and my laptop running Ubuntu it starts and then it moans there is no SDK available/installed.? What? I just installed it. The documentation is bad telling me to install the SDk install the IDE which I did.?

When trying to create a project it comes back with a java.lang.reflect exception

Really, is it this hard to install the sdk, I am sure it must have put some people off developing for it.
    Did you install the latest 10.2 beta NDK? if not - give it a try
    06-23-13 02:51 PM
    Nope was the 10.1 but I looked at the beta and it was only 400mb compared to 1.2gb on the other one. I'll give it a go otherwise I'll just have to use it on the windows virtual machine which is a shame

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:00 PM
    Nope was the 10.1 but I looked at the beta and it was only 400mb compared to 1.2gb on the other one. I'll give it a go otherwise I'll just have to use it on the windows virtual machine which is a shame

Posted via CB10
    10.2 is totally rebuilt when it comes to installation and SDK downloads, hense the reduced size.

After install, you then decide which API level you want .. 10.0, 10.1, 10.2 beta,... and it will download what is needed.

Please try, and post back and tell us if that solved your situation.
    mujahid 10 and monotok like this.
    06-23-13 07:21 PM
    I am on the verge of giving up. Why bother supporting Linux if half the time it doesn't work. Installed 10.2 fine but when I try to connect to my blackberry device it just does not work Just get a java exception can't start blackberry-deploy and no such file or directory exists. Same with WiFi connect. Seriously getting annoyed with this.
    06-24-13 04:18 PM
    Ok seems to be working now Restarted the IDE and a different wizard came up and it worked! yay
    06-24-13 04:47 PM
    Mar sure you have the 32 bit libs if you're running a 64 bit install. Also Opensuse is not officially supported.
    06-24-13 05:08 PM
    I ran in a 32 bit ubuntu and it installed and ran and setup a device but would not create a project. Just get a java exception error so gave up and used a horrible windows virtual machine lol

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:56 AM