Hello

I sold my passport and want to use the BlackBerry I'd from my passport to the classic I am using now. When I go into settings and edit BlackBerry ID to a new email address it tells already in use. Can someone please direct me?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 10:37 PM
    08-06-15 11:41 PM
    Hello

I sold my passport and want to use the BlackBerry I'd from my passport to the classic I am using now. When I go into settings and edit BlackBerry ID to a new email address it tells already in use. Can someone please direct me?

Posted via CB10
    Disable BlackBerry Protect on the Passport and do a security wipe. If you Classic is already associated with a different BBID account, do a security wipe on the Classic as well. After the security wipe, you will have to go through the new phone setup and enter an existing BBID account to be associated with each the Classic. Be aware that Link won't restore apps backed up with a difference BBID account.

The setting app lets you change the email address for the BBID account associated with the phone, but it does not let you switch the BBID itself. You can associate your phone to a BBID only through the new phone setup process which can be invoked through a security wipe or an OS reload.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 08:04 AM