might seem like an odd question but or self defeating cause the whole idea of the hub is that all you messages are kept together in the same place but. As a teacher i regularly have my phone on my desk and although i doubt students would pick it up or look through it there's always the chance this might happen, so on of the features i like about the none BB10 versions of the OS is that i can decided not to have my emails or BBM messages displayed in my inbox and have the icons for theses things hidden so that they're not easily accessible if someone where to quickly pick up and look at my phone. So can anyone tell me if these features will be available to me on BB10 because i really want to upgrade to one of the new phones but not being able to do this could potentially be a deal breaker for me.
    Can anyone help me with this or is it one of the things that we just don't know yet?
    01-22-13 04:16 AM
    You mean you don't use a password????? I'd think that, as a teacher, you'd make sure your students never access anything on your phone, not just emails and messages.
    01-22-13 04:25 AM
    no i've got a password on as well but there's always that brief time before it applies etc
    01-22-13 04:27 AM
    I manually lock my BlackBerry if I haven't got my holster with me. It may be best for you to do the same and use your BB10's full potential when you get one.
    01-22-13 05:33 AM
    Yeah good point never got a holster with my 9300. not upgrading till august September time anyway though so plenty of time to see how BB10 is doing and what the phones are like as well. i really hope it's going to live up to everything and i can't wait for it to hit my playbook when ever that will be
    01-22-13 06:01 AM
    There are settings in the hub to display messages there or not. If you elect to NOT show these messages, they are still accessible through the left side menu (the account selection part) of the hub, but do not display in your general listing of messages. So you would have to manually switch to that account, then back to your overall hub.

I have zero clue if you can hide icons or if a separate message icon appears when you add an account. (i would tend to think not on both accounts).
    01-22-13 06:24 AM
    Being a teacher, I'm surprised you even leave your phone undatended on your desk. I'd be more worried about the phone going missing as opposed to a student picking it up to read my emails. Either keep it in your pocket, brief case, or in a desk drawer when not in use.
    01-22-13 08:42 AM