Hey folks

after studying my Passport as well as the posts here I believe it must be possible to add a 3rd party app to my Hub.

Concretely, I'd like to completely integrate Linphone and Signal to my Hub. When I try to do so, I go to "Hub", "Settings", "Add Account", I tap "Linphone" (under "Thrid Party Accounts"), but then Linphone app "opens" with a dark page (tapping back opens the app, but nothing else happens).

My question: Is this a software issue or am I missing something?

Thanks for considering my request
    07-04-18 07:18 AM
    The app developer needs to add Hub integration to the app, this only works for native apps (Android apps show a generic notification in the Hub that disappears after viewing).
    07-04-18 10:22 AM
    Thanks for your quick reply
    07-04-18 01:58 PM
    App developers could add functionality to support the hub, and largely they did so on BB10 since the hub was built-in and a key feature of the OS. But since that's not the case in Android (virtually everyone uses the stock notification shade instead), and since app developers prefer that you stay inside their apps and avoid anything that would take you out of their app, they generally don't support the BB hub on Android. They could, but they don't.

Users of the BB hub on Android make up far less than 1% of Android users, so there's little motivation for developers to support it. Even some owners of BBMo devices, which ship with the hub, have disabled it and use the stock notification system instead.
    07-04-18 02:32 PM
    App developers could add functionality to support the hub, and largely they did so on BB10 since the hub was built-in and a key feature of the OS. But since that's not the case in Android (virtually everyone uses the stock notification shade instead), and since app developers prefer that you stay inside their apps and avoid anything that would take you out of their app, they generally don't support the BB hub on Android. They could, but they don't.

Users of the BB hub on Android make up far less than 1% of Android users, so there's little motivation for developers to support it. Even some owners of BBMo devices, which ship with the hub, have disabled it and use the stock notification system instead.
    I believe OP is just asking about BB10.

BlackBerry has to manually add support for all of the Hub integrated apps on Android, IIRC they use Android API's to get notifications so third party developers aren't involved.
    07-04-18 03:21 PM
    07-04-18 11:21 PM

Thanks for your reply, you answered the question I'd have to post next year, after having switched from Passport to Keytwo and getting mad about the Hub there
    07-05-18 03:59 AM
    I believe OP is just asking about BB10.

BlackBerry has to manually add support for all of the Hub integrated apps on Android, IIRC they use Android API's to get notifications so third party developers aren't involved.
    Really a great shame, thanks again
    07-05-18 12:10 PM
    Thanks, got the point
    07-05-18 12:11 PM