Since today my Passport and my Classic give the information: "Cannot connect to BlackBerry Guardian Server" (BlackBerry's Trend Micro security check) when installing an app from Google Play Store, so I must check it for virus manually with another virus scanner. Anybody knows the reason?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-18 09:29 AM
    I have the same message on my Passport. Which virus scanner do you use to check for virus ?
    02-13-18 11:54 AM
    Same here... started today on my Passport SE.
    02-13-18 12:02 PM
    Same here on my passport today!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-18 12:52 PM
    I have the same message on my Passport. Which virus scanner do you use to check for virus ?
    Secure AntiVirus Pro from BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    02-13-18 02:39 PM
    It happened on my z10,q10 and both play books.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-18 02:49 PM
    Is it a worldwide problem or only in Europe ? I am located in Germany.
    02-14-18 04:12 AM
    Is it a worldwide problem or only in Europe ? I am located in Germany.
    Not sure. So far only some people have seen it or reported it

Posted via CB10
    02-14-18 08:56 AM
    Just an FYI... It happened to me today here in France.

SqueezeToyAliens on a Passport
    02-14-18 12:55 PM
    Repro in Canada too yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-18 03:25 PM
    Am not from Europe, same problem ):

Those people are killing their OWN OS ):
    Shame

Posted via CB10
    02-14-18 04:22 PM
    Am not from Europe, same problem ):

Those people are killing their OWN OS ):
    Shame

Posted via CB10
    They stated very clearly that services will continue to be shut down between now and Dec 2019 - culminating with the end of BlackBerry World.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised in the least.
    mototopo and Mecca EL like this.
    02-14-18 05:51 PM
    They stated very clearly that services will continue to be shut down between now and Dec 2019 - culminating with the end of BlackBerry World.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised in the least.
    It would be a bit more professional if they would inform openly the customers. Sending an official statement does not cost anything, unless Chen is so stingy to block the service without information in order to save money for a piece of paper.. lol!

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    02-15-18 12:31 AM
    It would be a bit more professional if they would inform openly the customers. Sending an official statement does not cost anything, unless Chen is so stingy to block the service without information in order to save money for a piece of paper.. lol!

Posted via CB10
    The statement was made. I doubt we'll hear more about the matter as we continue the slide to Dec 2019.

Licences simply won't be renewed for these services as they expire.

"current device owners should be aware that we will be closing some ancillary services"
    02-15-18 05:52 AM
    The statement was made. I doubt we'll hear more about the matter as we continue the slide to Dec 2019.

Licences simply won't be renewed for these services as they expire.

"current device owners should be aware that we will be closing some ancillary services"
    I think it does not change of a mm my point my dear. Sending a communication, even a line mentioning which service will be shut down and when it is not expensive.
    Or at least a calendar...very simple.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-18 06:28 AM
    I think it does not change of a mm my point my dear. Sending a communication, even a line mentioning which service will be shut down and when it is not expensive.
    Or at least a calendar...very simple.

Posted via CB10
    It's not going to happen. That kind of granularity would be pointless. Everybody knows what is going to happen over the next 20 months, and if it gets to the point that it doesn't work for you anymore then you'll have to move on.
    Mecca EL and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    02-15-18 06:50 AM
    It's not going to happen. That kind of granularity would be pointless. Everybody knows what is going to happen over the next 20 months, and if it gets to the point that it doesn't work for you anymore then you'll have to move on.
    Wait...20 months are not 20 days...it goes to savour Faire, professionality, credibility....and it does not cost a penny!!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-18 07:28 AM
    Wait...20 months are not 20 days...it goes to savour Faire, professionality, credibility....and it does not cost a penny!!

Posted via CB10
    Yes it would be nice if they gave us a nice neat schedule of what will be turned off, when it will be turned off and what the end result would be. Will you own a dumb phone or a brick in two years...

With them ending BB10 development back in 2015, and leaving the hardware business in 2016... I think they are past worrying about how this looks "professionally" or what their "credibility" is.

And too BlackBerry probably simply doesn't want to commit to some schedule. Right now they may be planning to shutdown the Assistant in 18 months... but if they want to do it in 6 months they want to be able to make those types of changes.
    Mecca EL and elfabio80 like this.
    02-15-18 08:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sure it costs them.

Having continuous blogs being cycled up on Google News, and carried by other tech bloggers, every few weeks about BlackBerry shutting down this, and shutting down that, does not help anyone.

They've said their piece.
    02-15-18 08:38 AM
    Sure it costs them.

Having continuous blogs being cycled up on Google News, and carried by other tech bloggers, every few weeks about BlackBerry shutting down this, and shutting down that, does not help anyone.

They've said their piece.
    If so, I find it (personally) a ridicolous excuse. Let's not forget that Bb is mostly now other than phone hardware. But the image it sells of it self, it is not that good. Just my 2 cents, nothing against you of course.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-18 09:53 AM
    If so, I find it (personally) a ridicolous excuse. Let's not forget that Bb is mostly now other than phone hardware. But the image it sells of it self, it is not that good. Just my 2 cents, nothing against you of course.

Posted via CB10
    They've given everyone fair warning. There is no sense rehashing that over and over and over and over again during the course of the next 20 months.

Judge for yourself when the level of remaining services gets below your personal threshold and when it's time to move on.
    Last edited by conite; 02-15-18 at 12:37 PM.
    02-15-18 10:11 AM
    Maybe... and no more words about the trade up program ? Alex Thurber told us they will bring it ... and that they will support BlackBerry OS 10 until the end of 2019... why should we trust BlackBerry anymore and buy new devices with that label?
    Last edited by CrackPriv; 02-15-18 at 12:42 PM.
    02-15-18 11:33 AM
    Maybe... and no more words about the trade up program ?
    Don't wait for the trade-in program (if it even happens). You could most likely sell your BB10 device for more than what that trade-in will be worth. Right now, every day that goes by, your BB10 device is losing more and more value.
    02-15-18 11:37 AM
    Don't wait for the trade-in program (if it even happens). You could most likely sell your BB10 device for more than what that trade-in will be worth. Right now, every day that goes by, your BB10 device is losing more and more value.
    It is not a question of money but of faith in BlackBerry and its brands.
    rockhen67 likes this.
    02-15-18 11:40 AM
    If I still had a BB10 phone, I don't even know if I could sell it in good faith, knowing how quickly it is sliding into "text and phone" paperweight territory.
    02-15-18 11:56 AM
44 12