Is it just me or has BlackBerry really slowed down the news and rumour cycle? For the few years after BB10's release, it seemed BlackBerry was trying to ensure they were generating a news story very week.

These last few months however, there has been very little word from the company, save for the app neutrality thing.

Could this signify a conscious efforr to reset the narrative around blackberry? (away from the 'fighting for their life' narrative)

Or might it signify a shift away from the hardware refresh cycle - constant new products ? (seems even Apple and Samsung have stepped away from this)

What do you all make of it? Or am I crazy?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 07:08 PM
    You are crazy!
    02-11-15 07:18 PM
    I think we'll see what BlackBerry has to show us, for this calendar year, in the next few months. They're most likely working on executing their business plan for the quarter. If they can show profit this quarter we might start to see an increase - an ever so small one - of contracts coming their way which will hopefully lead to more hardware sales.
    With 10.3.1 coming out soon I don't think we're going to see much of any OS updates - bug fixes aside - from the company this year. A couple of mid level phones maybe and perhaps something regarding health care and IoT. Otherwise I'm sure BlackBerry and JC want to stay under the radar as much as possible and work on making the company profitable again.
    02-11-15 07:28 PM
    There's things happening.. just things most 'consumers' don't really care about. All enterprise and while some of that stuff will overlap, people need to realize not all of it will. Unless you're really into enterprise stuff, BlackBerry is going to appear quite. That said, most people nod off at enterprise and security talk, so there's that lol.
    02-11-15 07:34 PM
    You may be on to something.

I think there is a conscious effort to be "quiet" for now. More evidence is Michael Clewley's virtual disappearance over the past couple months. He used to tweet dozens of times a day and regularly update his channel, but he's been almost silent since around October.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 07:48 PM
    Maybe they're working on something so amazing that they're intentionally trying to keep "quiet!"

One can only dream...

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:33 PM
    Good to hear some other perspectives. I too think this intentional and I believe it us the smart thing to do at this juncture.

I really believe a reset is needed on public perceptions of BlackBerry . The only way to get positive sentiment around these consumer perceptions is to turn profits. Until that happens, BlackBerry should stay out of the media.

As far as strategy goes, I think BlackBerry should look for increasing numbers of partnerships. They are, in my opinion, a broad company in terms of product and service portfolio, and yet don't have the cash flow to maintain that scope.....unless they have strategic partnerships.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 05:49 PM
    Mobile World coming up in March. They need to save something to talk about.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 06:38 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Mobile World coming up in March. They need to save something to talk about.

Posted via CB10
    This!... look for announcements then... also, soon launches on ATT and Verizon USA.. and rollout of OS 10.3.1...

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 07:04 PM
    I too expect to hear a lot more around MWC. Don't forget JC was big on cracking down on leaked info.

Posted via my Oreo Z10 w Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1016 and BLEND! 
    02-14-15 07:19 PM