BlackBerry should be working on more games and apps. They took a great step by adding the amazon appstore but they should be making more games and apps themselves. Meaning more native apps from blackberry world

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-15 10:50 AM
    Errmm, no.
    It doesn't work like that
    02-22-15 11:03 AM
    It would be nice if BlackBerry could devote resources to app development but they can't.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:11 AM
    Until the developers can make money developing for the BlackBerry market, we will continue to see a lack of native apps.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    02-22-15 11:21 AM
    By going with android, BlackBerry has removed all incentive to make apps for the BlackBerry devices.

Why would a dev make 3 versions of their work when two will do.

"Just load the android app" will be the fall back position now.

This situation was preventable.
    02-22-15 11:50 AM
    By going with android, BlackBerry has removed all incentive to make apps for the BlackBerry devices.

Why would a dev make 3 versions of their work when two will do.

"Just load the android app" will be the fall back position now.

This situation was preventable.
    I still highly doubt that Netflix, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Clash of Clans, Candy Crush, Microsoft Office, etc, etc, etc would ever have been developed natively for bb10 if there had been no Android Runtime from the start. We'll never really know of course, but I highly doubt it.

Don't forget, for the first 12 months of bb10, the Android Runtime was essentially useless to all but the serious hackers. Development mode, tokens, conversion, sideloading, etc. These apps were not coming then either, even when BlackBerry was making the full court press trying to get them.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-22-15 11:56 AM
    In my opinion Android Runtime was the worst mistake. It killed what was left from BlackBerry ecosystem and will kill BlackBerry devices very soon.
    02-22-15 12:20 PM
    In my opinion Android Runtime was the worst mistake. It killed what was left from BlackBerry ecosystem and will kill BlackBerry devices very soon.
    What about my point that no major apps came flocking to the platform during the first year when the Android Runtime was basically useless?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-22-15 01:17 PM
    What about my point that no major apps came flocking to the platform during the first year when the Android Runtime was basically useless?
    They didn't know it was useless. They did know BlackBerry was moving towards android...

By including android from the beginning, BlackBerry set this situation in motion.
    02-22-15 01:23 PM
    By including android from the beginning, BlackBerry set this situation in motion.
    Of course we can only speculate on that. I'm inclined to think it wouldn't have mattered either way.

Seriously, if Netflix (and many, many others) couldn't even bother to simply port its existing Android app (which worked fine), then I highly doubt they would have redeveloped the app from the ground up for native BB10.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    02-22-15 01:27 PM
    Of course we can only speculate on that. I'm inclined to think it wouldn't have mattered either way.
    And you're probably correct. BlackBerry rapid decline started even before BB10 release. BBOS had better app support and better quality apps. I remember how mad I was losing many useful BBOS apps with no replacement on BB10. Many BlackBerry users switched to other devices after BB10 release. The first version was bad. Same happens now with 10.3 update and more users will leave.
    02-22-15 01:54 PM