08-10-14 02:46 PM
38 12
tools
    Contacts are a mess. Cannot believe we are talking about other features when what BlackBerry are famous for they cannot get right. The email isn't much better.

Q10 and Z30 user
    07-21-14 04:24 PM
    OS10 contact issues are real. I'm on my third Z, and they have all had recurring duplicate contact issues. It is not BlackBerry hating or trolling, or whatever you want to call it, to point this out, and this mess should have been acknowledged and handled by now. I have two other Z10s in my family and they both have contact issues. I've stayed with OS10 because of how great it is, but I recently changed all my contacts to hotmail, I erased all local and sim contacts, and I just woke up to find duplicates of all my Hotmail numbers waiting for me. I hate to say it, but OS10 contact undeniably sucks...

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 04:33 PM
    What on earth does the battery in the iPhone have to do with the specs on the Z10?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    I'm saying I never hear anyone talk about the amount of phones that have smaller batteries than the z10 as having bad battery!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 07:16 PM
    Why are you guys talking about batteries in my thread, go make your own thread about batteries.

Buddha Stories - C0038CC70
    07-21-14 09:05 PM
    OS10 contact issues are real. I'm on my third Z, and they have all had recurring duplicate contact issues. It is not BlackBerry hating or trolling, or whatever you want to call it, to point this out, and this mess should have been acknowledged and handled by now. I have two other Z10s in my family and they both have contact issues. I've stayed with OS10 because of how great it is, but I recently changed all my contacts to hotmail, I erased all local and sim contacts, and I just woke up to find duplicates of all my Hotmail numbers waiting for me. I hate to say it, but OS10 contact undeniably sucks...

Posted via CB10
    See now that is what I did but with Gmail and I have not had a problem since. I did go into Gmail and merge all the duplicates on that side first.

07-21-14 09:09 PM
    @boody78: I thought I had solved the problem too. I had no duplicates in my Hotmail after I changed everything over, but I just woke up today, after a few weeks with no dups, and every single hotmail contact was double

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 09:45 PM
    Even if you clean up your contacts.....Google will do another update and.....presto!!!.... screwed up again!!!

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    07-22-14 03:46 AM
    @boody78: I thought I had solved the problem too. I had no duplicates in my Hotmail after I changed everything over, but I just woke up today, after a few weeks with no dups, and every single hotmail contact was double

Posted via CB10
    Huh... I haven't had the problem since I sorted it out about a year ago?

07-22-14 10:15 AM
    Is there a way to delete all contact from my Q10?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 10:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you syncing contacts from multiple sources? I fixed my contacts issues right after bb10 released. I got pissed that Google changed its policy and dropped EAS and I lost instant email. Swapped to Outlook.com. I manually entered in all my contacts (all 450 at the time) on my desktop. Wiped my contacts off my phone. Every last one of them. Then I sync my contacts from only ONE SINGLE email address even though I have 3. The key is to not sync duplicate contacts. As I stated in previous threads. Sometimes it doesn't catch bbm or Facebook because they use different names or what not. I just manually link those.

If you used Gmail to sync to your phone. Then used your phone to sync to hotmail/outlook you're going to still have issues. I'm 100 percent positive there's an issue with Gmail and bb10. Whose fault it is doesn't matter. There are better email services out there that work so much better. Deal with syncing issues or change to something that works. It's not that hard. You can even have your Gmail forward to your Outlook. Or just use Outlook to hold your contacts. It doesn't matter. I have had no issues for the last year. I have wiped and installed all OS leaks and have down graded OS, wiped the phone or whatever. Add the email address and sync my contacts and they are all perfect.

Even if you clean up your contacts.....Google will do another update and.....presto!!!.... screwed up again!!!

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    Google seems to do it on purpose too. It seems like it gets straightened out and then all of a sudden issues all over again. Ridiculous.
    07-22-14 11:36 AM
    My contacts seem to merge on their own and now all these random entries are paired together. Any idea how to keep this from haappening?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 03:12 PM
    I used PhoneCopy and it seems to work.

I then deleted PhoneCopy from my "accounts" after I had copied everything to my SIM but then most of the contacts disappeared again (sigh)

So I reinstalled PhoneCopy and now most of my contacts are back although the Surnames of some contacts don't appear
    08-10-14 01:19 PM
    I see no one has mentioned another issue about contacts, the newest one among all already known, when I receive a call I see the number in the screen without name even though is someone's phone number that I have already recorded in my address book. then, when the phone stops ringing, I go to my 'lost calls' and I see the name in there. Imagine in my case, I don't pick up most of the calls of unknown numbers, so, I sadly realize that there was not an 'unknown number', it was just another contact issue, not showing the name while receiving calls.
    08-10-14 02:46 PM
38 12