Isn't Android developing a driverless option?

Sorry, wrong tech forum.....
    09-13-17 02:45 PM
    I'm talking about plugging in the Android phone and opening it up in Windows. Can't Android do this? Is it just my Samsung? Or is this a way for Google to force you to upload everything into its giant net?

Posted via CB10
    I do it all the time with my Samsung phones. Could do it with my S4 starting in 2003, my Note 4 and now with my Note 8.
    09-13-17 05:56 PM
    Haha they probably have a part time student working on BB10 now. There is no way BB10 is rebounding.
    Well that would be Great NEws Indeed! After all Apple was founded by that University Drop Out Steve Jobs!
    09-14-17 11:11 AM
    I was a total Blackberry admirer for long long years, until this summer. It was OK to using android apps with stallings and slow performances while I'm sitting on a chair and chilling out. It was also OK to try to send pics with lots of efforts, try to find the route with google maps android version with slow feedback. Bold, Q10, Passport were all high quality phones but when it comes with applications, there is a tolerance for it.

I had a trip around 5 countries with my motorcycle, I lost my way and had to send a few pics to my friends to meet at a common place. But first, google maps started to shut down and wasn't able to start over, whatsapp tried me so hard by sending photos... I was got crazy and promised myself that it will be my first job to get rid of my beloved Blackberry.

Without support it is getting more difficult to use these high quality materialized qwerty perfected devices. unfortunely because of social media apps and some other must have apps forced me to switch my device with apple. Android is a total trash, so it was not an option even I wanted too much to have a keyone. I hope one day Blackberry can gather its power again, so we can use more satisfying devices without lackings.
    09-19-17 06:34 AM
    I was a total Blackberry admirer for long long years, until this summer. It was OK to using android apps with stallings and slow performances while I'm sitting on a chair and chilling out. It was also OK to try to send pics with lots of efforts, try to find the route with google maps android version with slow feedback. Bold, Q10, Passport were all high quality phones but when it comes with applications, there is a tolerance for it.

I had a trip around 5 countries with my motorcycle, I lost my way and had to send a few pics to my friends to meet at a common place. But first, google maps started to shut down and wasn't able to start over, whatsapp tried me so hard by sending photos... I was got crazy and promised myself that it will be my first job to get rid of my beloved Blackberry.

Without support it is getting more difficult to use these high quality materialized qwerty perfected devices. unfortunely because of social media apps and some other must have apps forced me to switch my device with apple. Android is a total trash, so it was not an option even I wanted too much to have a keyone. I hope one day Blackberry can gather its power again, so we can use more satisfying devices without lackings.
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the new device you describe.

Solid, best keyboard ever, with all the apps.
    09-19-17 07:26 AM

Why didn't you checked about the best gps app working in these countries? How about bbmaps, waze(android) or any other? About the pictures, did you tried email them? it was a whatsapp problem or a wireless/mobile data problem?
    It sounds to me that you didn't prepare yourself well enough. I know it is very easy to rely on in one or two apps.
    i use mainly bbmaps and sometimes waze(to try) till today and i never got lost by the way.
    To me your critics don't show any problem with BB10 devices.
    09-19-17 12:35 PM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the new device you describe.

Solid, best keyboard ever, with all the apps.
    Seems so, but there is only one weakness that I cannot ignor: Android. My point with using BB was staying away from Android and use more stable OS. Except of OS, you're so right, the material quality and keyboard are so much Blackberry.
    09-20-17 06:50 AM
    Why didn't you checked about the best gps app working in these countries? How about bbmaps, waze(android) or any other? About the pictures, did you tried email them? it was a whatsapp problem or a wireless/mobile data problem?
    It sounds to me that you didn't prepare yourself well enough. I know it is very easy to rely on in one or two apps.
    i use mainly bbmaps and sometimes waze(to try) till today and i never got lost by the way.
    To me your critics don't show any problem with BB10 devices.
    The first problem as Blackberry abondoned a few countries, my cellphone operator (as most of people call carrier) Turkcell and other brands does not support Blackberry devices. It was not a problem in Turkey, but when I cross a border the roaming changes with every cell tower that my device try to connet. And this causes my carrier to redefine my device to keep roaming.

There was no way to share stories via Instagram.

I tried BBMaps, but Bulgarian maps were poor. Did not able to show where I am.

Please don't get me wrong, my experiences do not define Blackberry's skills and acceptance. Maybe some people do not prefer Instagram or other social apps, in this case there is no other good than BB. But still, I wish BB to be supported by companies as before.
    09-20-17 07:04 AM
    I don't. Now you gave me a better reason. A Phone that cannot get a proprer signal is useless. About the android apps the problem is a constant now.
    Last edited by joaozx; 09-20-17 at 01:04 PM.
    09-20-17 09:29 AM
    I might be in the minority here but the idea of plugging my phone in to transfer photos via usb seems like a pretty big waste of time. Considering what we're dealing with here is smartphone quality photos, there shouldn't really be an incentive to get the raw 100% absolute max quality transfer to a PC and then to...what are we doing, editing in photoshop? There's a lot of really good photo apps on android. Snapseed, aviary, the whole adobe suite, google photos...maybe it would make sense if you're a professional doing something for work but then in that case shouldn't you be using a dslr? I mean, there's multiple auto uploading services for android - google photos practically begs you to use auto upload! Lol. So yeah, why are you doing it this way?
    09-20-17 10:22 PM

"Super clarity"? How many Chen predictions didn't come to pass? Like, wow.

Posted via CB10
    I see people on the forums constantly slagging Chen and/or BB for being wrong.

People forget that we need to allow room for failure. For instance, a couple of quotes from a failure:
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work"
    "Genius? Nothing! Sticking to it is the genius! I've failed my way to success"

The person I'm quoting? Thomas Alva Edison - dude tried TEN THOUSAND items for the light bulb filament before finding the one that worked!

Winston Churchill had a disasterous outing in World War I with his Gallipoli campaign. Complete failure. Yet, he pretty much saved Britain in World War II.

Over the years I have read that what makes an executive successful is not that they're always right - what's far more important is that they will:
    a) make decisions / take action
    b) learn from their mistakes
    09-21-17 10:50 AM
    I might be in the minority here but the idea of plugging my phone in to transfer photos via usb seems like a pretty big waste of time. Considering what we're dealing with here is smartphone quality photos, there shouldn't really be an incentive to get the raw 100% absolute max quality transfer to a PC and then to...what are we doing, editing in photoshop? There's a lot of really good photo apps on android. Snapseed, aviary, the whole adobe suite, google photos...maybe it would make sense if you're a professional doing something for work but then in that case shouldn't you be using a dslr? I mean, there's multiple auto uploading services for android - google photos practically begs you to use auto upload! Lol. So yeah, why are you doing it this way?
    Many of us centralize our photos on a PC/laptop.

I have more than 150 GIG of photos on my PC. I also push photos to the cloud for sharing with family, etc. If I do that from my PC then I'm not using up my data.
    09-21-17 10:52 AM
    Seems so, but there is only one weakness that I cannot ignor: Android. My point with using BB was staying away from Android and use more stable OS. Except of OS, you're so right, the material quality and keyboard are so much Blackberry.
    Um - I have gone from a Classic to a PRIV and I can't agree with the characterization of BB10 as "more stable" than Android.

Easier to use and configure? Yes. So is IOS.
    Once you get your Android configured and comfortable, it's very stable and very usable.

So, I think that you would be able to adapt.

Plus which, how is it Blackberry's fault that carriers are dropping support? They have no control over that. That is like blaming Ford because your local parts store and their manufacturers have stopped stocking / making parts for a 30 year old car!
    09-21-17 10:57 AM
    Um - I have gone from a Classic to a PRIV and I can't agree with the characterization of BB10 as "more stable" than Android.

Easier to use and configure? Yes. So is IOS.
    Once you get your Android configured and comfortable, it's very stable and very usable.

So, I think that you would be able to adapt.

Plus which, how is it Blackberry's fault that carriers are dropping support? They have no control over that. That is like blaming Ford because your local parts store and their manufacturers have stopped stocking / making parts for a 30 year old car!
    It's BlackBerrys fault so far that a dev team was supposed to be maintained to keep the security of blackberry in line with any updates of operating systems Android would put out. Due to sales failures and other reasons this device was done right after it received marshmallow, and blackberry users should be grateful blackberry even gave the priv marshmallow the way they are with updates.
    And blame the consumers who stopped buying blackberry devices as to why carriers stopped supporting something nobody was even buying.
    But that's over now, blackberry no longer makes phones
    09-21-17 11:05 AM
    Many of us centralize our photos on a PC/laptop.

I have more than 150 GIG of photos on my PC. I also push photos to the cloud for sharing with family, etc. If I do that from my PC then I'm not using up my data.
    No wifi? :-p
    09-21-17 05:21 PM
    are you unaware that edison was a fraud? man. where've you been?

Posted via CBX
    09-21-17 06:20 PM
    are you unaware that edison was a fraud? man. where've you been?

Posted via CBX
    Come on! Facts have no place in a discussion /s
    09-21-17 07:14 PM
    My interest in BlackBerry ended when they sold their soul to Android and abandoned our beloved OS 10

Are they dying now? Great

 OS 10, always
    09-22-17 08:58 AM
    they died 2 years ago

Posted via CBX
    09-22-17 09:11 AM
    They just signed a very interesting deal with Delphi to help produce an autonomous driving module. That's a big deal. So they aren't dead, they're just in a different business now.
    09-22-17 09:31 AM
    thats not blackberry.

Posted via CBX
    09-22-17 09:48 AM
    thats not blackberry.
    I think the employees and shareholders of BlackBerry, Ltd of Waterloo, Ontario would disagree! They are BlackBerry. They're building their future.
    09-22-17 09:54 AM
    i think the would agree! considering they dont work there anymore!

Posted via CBX
    09-22-17 09:55 AM
    i think the would agree! considering they dont work there anymore!
    OK, the current employees and current shareholders. The first few lines of the wikipedia entry say it well:

BlackBerry Limited is a Canadian-based multinational company specializing in enterprise software and the Internet of things. Originally known as Research In Motion (RIM), it is best known to the general public as the former developer of the BlackBerry brand of smartphones, and tablets, it transitioned to an enterprise software and services company under CEO John S. Chen. Its products are used worldwide by various businesses, car makers, and government agencies, and include the AtHoc crisis communications platform, the QNX real-time operating system, and BlackBerry UEM, an endpoint management platform
    Note the word "former". Everything else about BlackBerry and RIM is history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Limited
    09-22-17 09:58 AM
    semantics. the blackberry we've known and loved is dead.

Posted via CBX
    09-22-17 09:59 AM
133 12345 ...