This article on Mobile Syrup indicates BlackBerry OS 10 is now down to #5 https://t.co/2fVUtNwnOr

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:46 AM
    And of course this article courtesy The Verge, the site that trashes you if you don't "sponsor" them.
    11-05-15 08:58 AM
    Meh. Nothing surprising about that. It's BB10.

*A3-A20
    11-05-15 09:19 AM
    And of course this article courtesy The Verge, the site that trashes you if you don't "sponsor" them.
    That is the shortest and most accurate description of the Verge I've ever heard.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-05-15 09:25 AM
    Lol dude, smart watch os is different then a smartphone os... you can't compare the two

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:31 AM
    Maybe if BlackBerry had spent some money advertising the Passport and Classic, they could have sold some more phones.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-05-15 09:41 AM
    True the advertising campaign even for the Priv has been almost non-existent. I mean other than us die hard BlackBerry users who seek out the info how has BlackBerry distributed the info to the public? Don't get me wrong I went to BlackBerry OS 10 with the Z10 and then tried Q10 before finally discovering the amazing Z30 and I will buy the Priv (because it think it will be perfect for me). But BlackBerry needs more than just us die hard buying. Needs a new push of users

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:55 AM
    Maybe if BlackBerry had spent some money advertising the Passport and Classic, they could have sold some more phones.

No, if they had actually made an up to date full touch device and marketed it properly, then possibly.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-05-15 10:04 AM
    No, if they had actually made an up to date full touch device and marketed it properly, then possibly.
    A full touch screen wouldn't have mattered, the Z10 and Z30 didn't sell because of lack of advertising and apps, so why would a 'Z50'?

Unfortunately, the company was long doomed regardless of any phone due to Apple and Samsung/Google. They were powerhouses prior to smartphones and were able to capitalize on the potential of smartphones before BlackBerry could.

11-05-15 10:41 AM
    Just about every other smartphone out there is a full touch device so why put all the effort into a physical keyboard device? It doesn't make sense.
    Marketing is only part of the problem. Product appeal carries a lot more weight.
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 11-05-15 at 11:22 AM. Reason: tough>touch
    11-05-15 11:01 AM
    Lol dude, smart watch os is different then a smartphone os... you can't compare the two

Posted via CB10
    I think it speaks to how sad BBRY's market penetration is if a "smart watch" OS is outselling BB10 phones
    Lacuna_a_x likes this.
    11-05-15 11:03 AM
    Agreed. I almost didn't even hear about the passport. Now I love mine.

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-05-15 12:35 PM
    I think it speaks to how sad BBRY's market penetration is if a "smart watch" OS is outselling BB10 phones
    lol can't argue with that but it's built on the reputation of Samsung.. regardless blackbery 10 os is still 4th place
    11-05-15 01:30 PM
    When you walk into any wireless store, the first thing you see is a giant apple display, a samsung display and maybe others. There are never any banners or any BlackBerry promo material. How can you sell phones without advertising and marketing?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Tizen is not a smartwatch OS. While the new samsung gears use it too, there's also the samsung z1/z3 that's sold for like $130 in India
    11-05-15 07:38 PM
    Strategy Analytics: Tizen overtakes BB OS for fourth place - GSMArena.com news

Anyway, that's not great news for the RIM guys, but it does explain the recent jump to Android with the new BlackBerry Priv.
    11-05-15 07:38 PM
    Tizen is not a smartwatch OS. While the new samsung gears use it too, there's also the samsung z1/z3 that's sold for like $130 in India
    lol i had no idea... that's pretty sweet
    11-05-15 09:46 PM
    lol i had no idea... that's pretty sweet
    If you read the source article, Samsung's Tizen comes in 4th place finish just as a Smartphone OS. They are not including all the wearables, TVs, Cameras, Appliances, etc... that are running Tizen. They are only referring to Tizen on Smartphones. Considering those smartphones (Z1 and Z3) are only sold in India, and also considering the Z3 just got released less than a month ago, that's quite the achievement in the short time the Z1 has been around. I've tried the Gear S2 and the Tizen OS on it completely destroys the Apple Watch and Android Wear devices when it comes to fluidity and intuitive UI. The Z3 is now gonna be released in Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. Then in 11 new European countries (UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, and Kazakhstan). The Z3 is a mid tier device, but Tizen is so efficient, it runs extremely smooth on bare bones hardware. Once the developers start to really get on Tizen, it'll be a new market place. Because at that point, Samsung will sure to put Tizen on a Galaxy Class device. Software that efficient on the most advance hardware in the business will be unstoppable. Android's market share will be the most effected. It'll take a 3-5 years, but it's gonna happen. I never liked the fact it's either Android or iOS. We need more REAL options.
    11-06-15 10:08 AM