This thread is absolutely ridiculous. Here are the facts:

1. Gmail uses a system whereby they encourage you to archive your mail rather than delete it. I'm not stating an opinion on that system. It's very Google to tell you how to do things, though.

2. In Gmail app or Gmail on the web, those archived emails are visible by looking in All Mail.

3. All Mail is a tag, view, folder, whatever. It's semantics, because...

4. On every single other IMAP email client on earth, All Mail is presented as a folder. This works fine in most cases.

5. Since the launch of BlackBerry 10, deleting from Hub on Gmail archived your email, rather than deleting it. In other words, it sent it to All Mail.

6. Over the past few months, intermittently, BlackBerry 10 has been actually deleting the emails rather than archiving them. I actually had this issue for a week, but it went away inexplicably.

7. BlackBerry 10 provides no access to the All Mail folder via IMAP. This is an oversight confirmed to me by BlackBerry, that will be addressed in a future update. Who knows if that will happen.

8. If your Hub is actually deleting Gmail rather than archiving, your only option is as presented in this thread, which is another folder creation.

My personal opinion is that I like the way Gmail works and was frustrated when my BlackBerry was actually deleting gmails. But what's more frustrating is that there is no word on this change (actually deleting now) or option to change it back. For me, oddly, thank god, it's still working the proper Gmail way.

Posted via CB10
    Jerry A and Joshu42 like this.
    09-08-15 08:07 AM
    You may not be able to prove your point in the US. But you can certainly disprove your point by looking at the rest of the world.

Even in places were people have no access to television or regular electricity, Android is the dominant platform. The fact is, Android provides what most users need and is available in a variety of price points.

There are 'only' 318 Million people in the US, and there are over a billion Android devices floating around. To keep blaming the US 'dummies' for Android is hilariously ignoring the fact that... it is probably more popular outside of the US.

Posted via CB10
    Android is cheap and in most countries they have bootleg androids with no google, because in other parts of the world google is actually a bad thing.
    And again BlackBerry doesn't market in other parts of the world either. You can keep saying android is what people want blah blah blah, when they market like they do... but of course marketing has nothing to do with anything right? I mean apple spends millions marketing but they are just fools for doing so. Companies pay millions for a 30 second superbowl commercial, but again they are wasting their money because marketing doesn't matter.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-08-15 10:24 AM
    I suspect there is a straw man amongst us.
    09-08-15 10:26 AM
    CLOSED for review
    09-08-15 01:37 PM
    [WARN]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/WARN]

/Open
    extisis and Joshu42 like this.
    09-08-15 01:55 PM
    lmao. Lack of marketing? It was the only reason I gave. Well let's see, when I'm forced watching a TV I usually see at least one samsung and one iphone commercial, at least one and I don't watch TV a lot but there they are every time. I see iphone and Samsung billboards, posters on Carriers windows... I have yet to see a BlackBerry commercial or billboard. Americans are big time brainwashed idiots who buy what they are told to. BlackBerry isn't telling them to buy a BlackBerry so they aren't. Apple and Samsung are telling people to buy their phones and they are. So I'm sticking to lack of marketing as the reason.

Pretty sure you've been suffering from Delusion #1 as pointed by this Info world article:
    Delusion No. 1: BlackBerry's problem is a marketing failure

http://www.infoworld.com/article/288...berry-fan.html
    09-08-15 03:09 PM
    Pretty sure you've been suffering from Delusion #1 as pointed by this Info world article:
    Delusion No. 1: BlackBerry's problem is a marketing failure

http://www.infoworld.com/article/288...berry-fan.html
    Can I get this post deleted oh great mods. He's calling me names indirectly and I know how CB frowns on that.
    And with that I'm done with this thread. Peace.

09-08-15 03:39 PM
    This place never ceases to amaze

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    09-08-15 04:12 PM
    I beg to differ ppl are as stupid as I think, having dealt with the millions of brainwashed Americans who still believe there's a two party government and the USA isn't an oligarchy even after they tell them it is.
    Also given the fact that the government has done extensive research into mind control over the past 6 decades and have installed subliminal messages into TV, radio and media for decades to make people purchase what they want them to, or believe what they need them to.
    Blackberry tried big ticket marketing in America and it failed miserably.
    The American government is using its mind control to thwart Blackberry's marketing attempts.
    This fiendish plot was so successful that hardly anyone even remembers anything about it.
    How do I know?
    Because I was airbrushed out of this picture.

kbz1960 likes this.
    09-08-15 09:01 PM
    This place never ceases to amaze

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    It's unreal lol

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    09-08-15 11:15 PM
    This thread doesn't address paid Google Apps for Business (Exchange ActiveSync) which has entirely different behavior. On this, delete still goes to All Mail, which quite frankly sucks. For the sake of people who don't want this terrible behavior I'll explain how to make it actually delete.

You need to (ON THE DEVICE!) go to m.google.com/sync/settings and then select your device and enable the checkbox to allow deletion of mail. Otherwise everything deleted just has inbox tag removed and ends up in the pile of All Mail. Your apps admin can make this a global setting, but otherwise this is the only way to do it (and it's poorly documented).
    Joshu42 and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-09-15 02:02 PM
    This thread doesn't address paid Google Apps for Business (Exchange ActiveSync) which has entirely different behavior. On this, delete still goes to All Mail, which quite frankly sucks. For the sake of people who don't want this terrible behavior I'll explain how to make it actually delete.

You need to (ON THE DEVICE!) go to m.google.com/sync/settings and then select your device and enable the checkbox to allow deletion of mail. Otherwise everything deleted just has inbox tag removed and ends up in the pile of All Mail. Your apps admin can make this a global setting, but otherwise this is the only way to do it (and it's poorly documented).
    Might that approach also help with the OP's issue, or does it only work with the paid version of Google Apps?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:16 AM
    Might that approach also help with the OP's issue, or does it only work with the paid version of Google Apps?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for the late reply, Exchange ActiveSync only works with paid Google Apps (unless you have a grandfathered device from like 4 years ago using it). Reason being the G needs to pay M$ for a license to use it. Everyone else on gmail uses IMAP. The EAS implementation I would describe as..... buggy. Attempting to sync tasks from BB10 has historically caused all syncing on the account to break for me, where it works just fine for my Exchange accounts.

If anyone really cares about this sort of thing working correctly, using Google is a poor choice. Use Exchange or BES.
    09-18-15 02:42 PM
    How the hell can you "improperly handle" Gmail? When I click 'delete' I mean it...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 04:02 PM
    What the OP is looking for is an option to "archive" emails the way that Gmail does. As a long time user of multiple email accounts, I think it would be great if there were a setting option for Gmail accounts that would toggle delete to "archive" emails on the server or truly delete them based on user preference.

Having said that, there is nothing improper about the current functionality. But it doesn't support the OPs desired workflow for handling emails in Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 01:16 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't care that Hub now improperly handles Gmail-1442343294456_839362.jpeg

Posted via CB10 from Unlocked BlackBerry Passport
    09-19-15 02:14 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1442343294456_839362.jpeg 
Views:	411 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	372114

Posted via CB10 from Unlocked BlackBerry Passport
    My thoughts exactly.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 07:45 PM
    My Gmail continues to archive upon delete, which is proper workflow for a Gmail account. The OP is undoubtedly 100% right. I just don't know why mine works and his doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 08:22 PM
    Are you running 10.3.1 or 10.3.2?
    09-21-15 10:29 PM
    Are you running 10.3.1 or 10.3.2?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 06:04 AM
    I'm on 10.2.3.2226, and it handles Gmail the "proper" (Gmail) way. If the SE Passport ever gets. 2474 (god knows when), I'm fearful that it will ruin my setup and actually start deleting Gmail!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 06:53 AM
    Not sure if anyone wrote this but you need to get your trash to not show on IMAP. I agree this is very annoying! Check out my thread on this. It was driving me nuts for a week.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 09:46 AM
    I think many people do not understand the issue. The OP wants an archive function integrated with the hub itself and not Gmail. To get that function he used to 'delete '. But now when you delete it effectively deletes from the hub and you cannot find it anymore. The OP does not want to use the 'file ' function either...I dare say (I am really not joking) , because the 'file' function takes two steps instead of one ( 'file' + choosing the appropriate folder). I understand the utility of such a function but I think blackberry did nothing wrong with their 'delete ' implementation which is the logical way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 likes this.
    09-22-15 12:09 PM
    I think many people do not understand the issue. The OP wants an archive function integrated with the hub itself and not Gmail. To get that function he used to 'delete '. But now when you delete it effectively deletes from the hub and you cannot find it anymore. The OP does not want to use the 'file ' function either...I dare say (I am really not joking) , because the 'file' function takes two steps instead of one ( 'file' + choosing the appropriate folder). I understand the utility of such a function but I think blackberry did nothing wrong with their 'delete ' implementation which is the logical way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Not entirely accurate...

I'm not going to restate for the tenth time (no pun intended) why I'm upset but I will provide an update...

I have now tried the supposed-optimal workaround of adding a label in Gmail called Archive on BBRY. I mapped that to be my delete place instead of trash. So far, it works functionally speaking. BlackBerry Hub will send mail there, aka removing inbox label and applying that label correctly.

Here is the problem though and this is why I dread using a label for archiving instead of it just working fully properly (making archive put mail in all mail which effectively means no label): The problem you will run into is that mail that you Archive on BBRY will keep that label even if the conversation gets updated and it returns in your inbox again.

So you see, it isn't a perfect solution as some make it out to be.

EDIT: And for those that still don't understand, no, sorry, filing would result in the same issue.

--STV
    09-22-15 12:14 PM
    Why must you use the 'delete' function ? I am just curious. Guess 'file' to your new 'archive ' will bring the same issue, I don't know...lazy to think here.

EDIT : just saw your 'edit' which answers this question.
    Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 12:27 PM
254 ... 891011