Let's get the facts straight:

1. Since launch, BlackBerry Hub compensated for lack of "all mail" access and archive option by making "delete" solely archive, since this is a) a key feature of Gmail and b) to not cause folks data loss.

2. BlackBerry suddenly, silently changed this behavior without warning. As far as I'm concerned, that is causing and has caused me loss of important email data I intended to save. That is no small issue. Why would anyone here defend that?!
    Blackberry simply corrected the 'delete' function that archived the emails to true delete function.

BlackBerry Hub offers two options when deleting emails, i.e. to delete from hub only and the other to delete from hub and server.

There should be an archive option from hub to put emails to all emails and be gone from the inbox but to our dismay none can be found.

By simply choosing the delete from hub only, it purges the emails from the hub and retains these same emails in the server though not in archive as you desired and in this way no data loss happened.

Google Apps Vault also is available for email archiving, retention and more.

Further, Blackberry should provide Release Notes for every change they made and before upgrading everyone should read. For critical users especially those who are on the business and legal side and those who value emails, should refrain from installing leaks.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    09-04-15 08:49 AM

I'll repeat. This is intentional hassle added on Gmail's part to keep users on the Google ecosystem. Their service depends on you coming to their web interface to use their product and use Android! Labeling on their system helps storage space for Google, they only store one copy. Everyone else following imap duplicates space, unless a kludge is implemented to track the duplicates, which uses memory and cpu to track. There shouldn't be 100% anger at BlackBerry for something Google caused full knowingly they were going to break clients and doesn't work with the competition to ensure a smooth experience. It looks like Apple had to reverse engineer their kludge implementation themselves, and took them years to implement to a less than stellar release.
    I have to agree with Mike on this: Google has intentionally taken the email standard and doctored it in order to be able to differentiate themselves. From the time I first heard about this feature it seemed counter-intuitive: if I want to delete something, it means I don't need this item at all. If I want to archive something, it means I want to keep this for future reference. So why exactly would I want to archive something by DELETING it? If it's an issue for the OP: that's fine, but in terms of actually thinking about the flow of email I've found that the more providers try to push these solutions onto users, the more cumbersome email becomes.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    09-04-15 08:54 AM
    So you think it is totally acceptable that there is -no way- to archive aka send your mail to "all mail" now?

I just don't get some people on here. Why would you ever be against options? Are you a confederate or something? Seriously. (lol)

--STV posting from his now-legacy, relic BlackBerry Z30
    You clearly don't know how to use your phone.

(Hold on, it's not a rant, I'm making proof in form of screenshot).

You can tell the OS how long to keep the email in the device.

You can tell the Hub what to do when the OS tells it to remove those messages (delete on server/device or just device).

You can archive messages (manually by moving them to any other folder).

Weren't you about ready too jump ship anyway? Or do you really just enjoy spreading misinformation and ranting about it?
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry doesn't care that Hub now improperly handles Gmail-img_20150904_115903.png   BlackBerry doesn't care that Hub now improperly handles Gmail-img_20150904_115810.png   BlackBerry doesn't care that Hub now improperly handles Gmail-img_20150904_115637.png   BlackBerry doesn't care that Hub now improperly handles Gmail-img_20150904_115833.png  
    gvs1341 and anon(7915689) like this.
    09-04-15 09:55 AM
    Rubbish rant.

There's nothing like an All Mail Folder.. it's just a label.

If u want your messages archived then set your delete option to Delete from Hub only or to at least prompt u when u select delete. That way it remains in your Gmail as a read email but no longer on your phone.

Dafuq was this useless rant about anyways? Are you a learner? Olodo!
    ...just posting to mark a first. In all my years in CB, don't think I've seen anyone cursed out in Yoruba.

Impressive. A little scary, yes, but impressive nonetheless.
    diegonei and lakes76 like this.
    09-04-15 10:03 AM
    @diegonei Thanks for all the screenshots. Can you show me the one for filing to All Mail?

Otherwise, you're just reinforcing the original issue which is that it can't be done.
    09-04-15 10:14 AM
    ...just posting to mark a first. In all my years in CB, don't think I've seen anyone cursed out in Yoruba.
    Holy! I missed that one entirely!!! Nice catch!!! loool

@diegonei Thanks for all the screenshots. Can you show me the one for filing to All Mail
    You missed the text that came along with it, buddy. The part I (and others here) say manually. Nobody here is say the HUB is fully integrated wiith Gmail, but the OP is blowing this WAAAY out of porpotion.
    rthonpm likes this.
    09-04-15 10:16 AM
    I actually like that gmail messages are deleted forever when I delete them from the hub. When I get spam I rather have it gone forever, and then do the filing on my desktop.
    09-04-15 10:21 AM
    I'm a certified teacher, let me help you increase your reading comprehension skills.

--STV posting from his now-legacy, relic BlackBerry Z30
    Well teacher, I gave you step by step instructions on how to achieve what you came on here *****ing about. Maybe you failed how to follow instructions, maybe you're just too fussy, or maybe you're just a Google shill who wanted to whine and tell everyone how you hate BlackBerry and you're leaving, or maybe it's all three.

Doesn't really matter as your backwards way of deleting an email and having it archive instead of delete makes no sense to anyone who can logically think. You have a delete option and an archive option. Sorry that isn't good enough for you.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 10:43 AM
    He uses and claims to be waiting for the Android Suite - There are many options to solve his complain including not using Gmail.
    We all have learned that "You Can't Please Everyone" (YCPE)

Go and try multiple options in other mobile OS's (good luck - that's why he's using BlackBerry)
    (Opps - He's a teacher, that explains!)

"If you want to eliminate complains, don't give users options - MJD)
    09-04-15 10:51 AM

Impressive. A little scary, yes, but impressive nonetheless.
    Hilarious. I definitely missed this as well.
    09-04-15 11:45 AM
    Holy! I missed that one entirely!!! Nice catch!!! loool

You missed the text that came along with it, buddy. The part I (and others here) say manually. Nobody here is say the HUB is fully integrated wiith Gmail, but the OP is blowing this WAAAY out of porpotion.
    No, the OP stated his opinion. Folks started attacking him, because heaven forbid, someone calls out a BlackBerry shortcoming around here.
    09-04-15 11:45 AM
    No, the OP stated his opinion. Folks started attacking him, because heaven forbid, someone calls out a BlackBerry shortcoming around here.
    It's not a short coming it's logic. Delete deletes, archive archives. What the OP and you want are completely illogical ways of doing it so obviously you can't understand, you're missing the logic.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    diegonei and serbanescu like this.
    09-04-15 11:58 AM
    Yeah, I don't really agree with this post OP. As some have already mentioned here, if I say that I want an email deleted, I wanted it deleted, not archived. The fact that Gmail is imposing some bizarre UI/UX workflow and that happens to be something you actually like is great for you, but that does not mean that it makes sense. I personally genuinely dislike the "All Mail" feature of Gmail, and I'm a Gmail user since day 1, when you had to get explicit invites to join the service, so I've seen their evolution over time.
    delgadom likes this.
    09-04-15 12:19 PM
    It's not a short coming it's logic. Delete deletes, archive archives. What the OP and you want are completely illogical ways of doing it so obviously you can't understand, you're missing the logic.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    I want to delete and I want to archive. Ideally, I'd like to do so without workarounds and excuses. Why is that illogical?

I also want a community where members can express a dissenting opinion without the mob resorting to personal attacks and ad hominem, non-relevant, circular arguments? Why is that illogical?
    09-04-15 12:27 PM
    delete = delete come on! this is a silly post...
    09-04-15 12:27 PM
    I'm glad the OP wasn't a teacher at my school. Poor kids.

Here we go:

• All Mail isn't really a folder, it's a view.
    • Some Clients give you the option to see that view, BlackBerry doesn't.
    • You can't "move" email to All Mail, because it's already there, by definition, if it's in any folder other than trash.
    • Using the simple "File" shortcut that appears next to the trash can every time you return to the Hub from a message can place the message into another folder that you won't see in your Hub. Messages in this other folder are included in All Mail, by definition, because they are not in the trash.
    • The amount of outrage the OP has for not being able to use the Trash Can button instead of the File button is just astounding.
    • The idea that the Hub is broken because delete now actually functions as intended is even more astounding.

I get that we all have different workflows, but c'mon, man! The only real shortcoming of the BlackBerry implementation is that you cannot view "All Mail" as a folder. Really, the only time this would be a problem is if you were manually searching for an old email, which quite frankly, is the hard way. Using the Search is far more efficient, and will search all synced folders anyways, making "All Mail" unnecessary.

I really don't get it. You can accomplish everything the OP wants but he's still complaining because of this mythical All Mail view. I feel sad that this is the kind of mentor shaping our future leaders
    09-04-15 12:32 PM
    I want to delete and I want to archive. Ideally, I'd like to do so without workarounds and excuses. Why is that illogical?

I also want a community where members can express a dissenting opinion without the mob resorting to personal attacks and ad hominem, non-relevant, circular arguments? Why is that illogical?
    Ok first of all the OP came straight out and said he was *****ing and has no interest in BlackBerry anymore because he can't have an all mail option in the Hub. There's no point in a civil convo after his original post. Second I've given you all the instructions on how to achieve what you want, but it isn't good enough for you or the OP... tough **** right.
    Again you have a delete option AND (let's stress this point some more because it isn't syncing in your head) you have an ARCHIVE option. Nobody can help you if you're unwilling to listen.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 12:35 PM
    I don't care either because Gmail does this on purpose. Why does hotmail, yahoo, pretty much everything else works perfectly, except Gmail?
    09-04-15 12:40 PM
    Ok first of all the OP came straight out and said he was *****ing and has no interest in BlackBerry anymore because he can't have an all mail option in the Hub. There's no point in a civil convo after his original post. Second I've given you all the instructions on how to achieve what you want, but it isn't good enough for you or the OP... tough **** right.
    Again you have a delete option AND (let's stress this point some more because it isn't syncing in your head) you have an ARCHIVE option. Nobody can help you if you're unwilling to listen.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    Once again, because the original point is lost on you - do this without a workaround or making excuses for BB10 lack of functionality. Why is that point failing to sync with you?

Personally, I think you'd rather be an *** to other community members than recognize BB10's shortcomings with the most used email provider in the world.
    09-04-15 12:50 PM
    Once again, because the original point is lost on you - do this without a workaround or making excuses for BB10 lack of functionality. Why is that point failing to sync with you?

Personally, I think you'd rather be an *** to other community members than recognize BB10's shortcomings with the most used email provider in the world.
    He's not a community member when he's already said **** BlackBerry I'm leaving.
    What work around? Going into your settings and selecting to sync all your Gmail folders is a work around to you? I don't understand.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 12:52 PM

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    The OP could also load the "Gmail app" from the Amazon store.... there are options, but not the one he likes!
    Also, Get some thick skin, would you?
    OP comes out "logically swinging" and when he is told no, he gets offended.
    No one here is trying to offend anyone. It's all about the exchange of ideas, opinions, likes and dislikes!
    People are usually passionate about their Opinions, ideas and the things they like -
    I respect the fact that you like your Gmail and the way you want your app to work - don't hate that we don't!!
    09-04-15 12:55 PM
    He's not a community member when he's already said **** BlackBerry I'm leaving.
    What work around? Going into your settings and selecting to sync all your Gmail folders is a work around to you? I don't understand.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    Seriously, have you read any of what I posted in direct response to you? Even setting "Sync all folders" will not make "All Mail" sync in BB10.
    09-04-15 12:58 PM
    Seriously, have you read any of what I posted in direct response to you? Even setting "Sync all folders" will not make "All Mail" sync in BB10.
    It's the exact same effect. It just isn't labeled that way for you. I understand. You have other options. They have been repeated throughout this thread. We don't always get what we want. Had the OP not been such a hothead in his original posts this thread might have gone a better route. Unfortunately he set the tone from the start.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-04-15 01:06 PM
    Well like my screenshot shows, you can remap trash from trash to some other label..

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 01:10 PM
    Since this thread touches on something that has bothered me for a while, I'm going to rant here a bit too.

What is with the rise of the whole notion of "archiving" emails into a single location anyway? If I want to archive emails, then that means that I am making a conscious decision to keep something for a long time. In order to keep something for a long time and still be able to find it if I am ever looking for it implies that I'd want to have that something "organized" in a logical fashion. In case of emails, perhaps by source. Either way, this implies that the user, person wanting to archive, is choosing a specific spot in which to archive the email where it makes sense to find it later on. This is completely contrary to the idiotic implementation of "All Mail" by Google.

"All Mail" becomes a dumping ground for garbage that you will never be able to sift through anyway. Why not simply leave everything in the inbox at that point, or for that matter, stuff it into trash and just don't delete it. As I said before, the entire UI/UX paradigm and use case behind "All Mail" is flawed. It is a lazy approach to quasi-solving the email clutter problem.
    ubizmo likes this.
    09-04-15 01:27 PM
254 ... 23456 ...