Where's All Mail in your screenshot? One of the issues is that the current BB10 behavior doesn't allow one to access All Mail.
    But if "All email" just displays all emails with tags, it's not itself a label/folder "all emails".

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 10:16 PM
    But if "All email" just displays all emails with tags, it's not itself a label/folder "all emails".

Posted via CB10
    All Mail is a system label, just like Sent, Drafts, Trash, etc.

If all you want to do is archive a message it goes to All Mail. If you want to replicate that in the Hub, you can't. There's no way to file a message to All Mail under the current Hub implementation.

This make the Hub the only IMAP client of which I'm aware which doesn't let one access All Mail.
    southlander likes this.
    09-03-15 10:25 PM
    All Mail only exists in Google mail. When I want to archive messages I file them to a subject appropriate folder. This works for Google IMAP and Active Sync, Outlook, Courier IMAP, etc.

Previously when I deleted mail, I wanted it deleted, but Google archived it. Not the first time Google has done something I don't want, but I just shrugged and got on with life. Now apparently they are being deleted. Again so what.

If you like the way Google does things, why would you not use Google tools? Chrome should be your browser, Android your mobile OS, etc. Get an Android phone and be happy, life is too short for angst over how email is filed, or in Google's case, labeled.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    dejanh likes this.
    09-03-15 10:28 PM
    No, it's not just you.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, me too - if I delete an email I want it gone and not "archived" LOL
    TripNFry likes this.
    09-03-15 10:34 PM
    I side with the OP. In BlackBerry OS 7, when a message was deleted it was sent to the Deleted Items/Trash folder. This is also how many email programs operate, including Outlook. (Windows, too, sends all deleted items to the Recycling Bin.) However, I believe that Hub is doing this to all email accounts, not just Gmail.

In any case, BlackBerry should reconsider reinstating the original setting.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 10:43 PM
    I side with the OP. In BlackBerry OS 7, when a message was deleted it was sent to the Deleted Items/Trash folder. This is also how many email programs operate, including Outlook. (Windows, too, sends all deleted items to the Recycling Bin.) However, I believe that Hub is doing this to all email accounts, not just Gmail.

In any case, BlackBerry should reconsider reinstating the original setting.

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand what you said. Did you miss some words? You are NOT agreeing with the op, who DOESN'T want the delete button to delete/trash, but to ARCHIVE. You are basically saying delete means delete on every platform, including BB7, and not doing anything special for Gmail.
    09-03-15 10:46 PM
    Man.. what a clusterf*** Gmail has caused with their use of 'labels'.

What the BB10 delete *used to do* was simply remove the 'Inbox' (or any other rule specific) *label* from the messages you 'deleted'. The result would be a bunch of messages without a label, which could only be seen in Gmail when viewing 'All Mail'.

Now... they finally not only remove the 'Inbox' label, but also add the 'Trash' label to messages you Delete.

There is no such thing as an 'All Mail' target in Gmail. 'All Mail' is simply Gmail querying every message that *does not have* the 'Trash' label.

What happened here is BB10 had a flawed implementation and the OP adapted his workflow around it.
    09-03-15 10:57 PM
    All Mail is a system label, just like Sent, Drafts, Trash, etc.

If all you want to do is archive a message it goes to All Mail. If you want to replicate that in the Hub, you can't. There's no way to file a message to All Mail under the current Hub implementation.

This make the Hub the only IMAP client of which I'm aware which doesn't let one access All Mail.
    I just opened up my gmail.

- When I want to create a new filter and select which label to apply, "All Mail" doesn't appear.
    - When I use imapsync to show me the folders/labels on my gmail account, it does show:

[[Gmail]]
    [[Gmail]/All Mail]
    [[Gmail]/Drafts]
    [[Gmail]/Important]
    [[Gmail]/Sent Mail]
    [[Gmail]/Spam]
    [[Gmail]/Starred]
    [[Gmail]/Trash]
    [[Mailbox]]
    [[Mailbox]/Later]
    [[Mailbox]/To Buy]
    [[Mailbox]/To Read]
    [[Mailbox]/To Watch]

From Gmail's web filtering screen, none of the labels with [Gmail] prefix can be selected as a destination for filtering.

When I go to the "All mail" folder and it shows me all of my email, none of them will have a tag/label saying "All mail" like it would for "Inbox" or "Sent. It's possible handling this "All mail" stuff is easy on Google's servers, but might be CPU work for mobile device to show all email from all folders. *shrug*

This is getting into proprietary stuff. This is intentional, to get you onto the Google ecosystem and never want to leave.
    09-03-15 11:05 PM
    Man.. what a clusterf*** Gmail has caused with their use of 'labels'.

What the BB10 delete *used to do* was simply remove the 'Inbox' (or any other rule specific) *label* from the messages you 'deleted'. The result would be a bunch of messages without a label, which could only be seen in Gmail when viewing 'All Mail'.

Now... they finally not only remove the 'Inbox' label, but also add the 'Trash' label to messages you Delete.

There is no such thing as an 'All Mail' target in Gmail. 'All Mail' is simply Gmail querying every message that *does not have* the 'Trash' label.

What happened here is BB10 had a flawed implementation and the OP adapted his workflow around it.
    "All mail" is more like a view option, not a label.
    09-03-15 11:10 PM
    All Mail only exists in Google mail. When I want to archive messages I file them to a subject appropriate folder. This works for Google IMAP and Active Sync, Outlook, Courier IMAP, etc.

Previously when I deleted mail, I wanted it deleted, but Google archived it. Not the first time Google has done something I don't want, but I just shrugged and got on with life. Now apparently they are being deleted. Again so what.

If you like the way Google does things, why would you not use Google tools? Chrome should be your browser, Android your mobile OS, etc. Get an Android phone and be happy, life is too short for angst over how email is filed, or in Google's case, labeled.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    It doesn't matter that All Mail is a Gmail thing. What matters is that as a Gmail IMAP client BB10 Hub is broken. Pick another IMAP mail client whether it's on your desktop, Android or iOS and All Mail will show up.

Coming up with workarounds (file to a different folder) or telling users to go somewhere else does not change the fact that the BB10 implementation is broken.

Maybe if we expected better from BlackBerry instead of always making excuses for them, we'd have a better product and a more successful company.
    southlander and nah.uhh like this.
    09-03-15 11:12 PM
    My 2 Cents : Gmail sucks. It sucks to the highest level possible. Gmail is something like apple regarding standards - they don't give a sh1t about them.

Unfortunately, I also use Gmail and it's a problem after problem. Soon, I will move to paid EAS service and buy buy Gmails, buy buy Google.

Otherwise, OP, I feel your pain. If you have 24/7 server, you could make a script to move your trash email back to inbox.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:12 PM
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:17 PM
    Whether or not Gmail sucks is subjective and irrelevant to the OP.

The BB10 implementation is broken. For an email/communication platform, not properly supporting the world's largest email provider just seems plain silly.
    09-03-15 11:22 PM
    I just opened up my gmail.

- When I want to create a new filter and select which label to apply, "All Mail" doesn't appear.
    - When I use imapsync to show me the folders/labels on my gmail account, it does show:

[[Gmail]]
    [[Gmail]/All Mail]
    [[Gmail]/Drafts]
    [[Gmail]/Important]
    [[Gmail]/Sent Mail]
    [[Gmail]/Spam]
    [[Gmail]/Starred]
    [[Gmail]/Trash]
    [[Mailbox]]
    [[Mailbox]/Later]
    [[Mailbox]/To Buy]
    [[Mailbox]/To Read]
    [[Mailbox]/To Watch]

From Gmail's web filtering screen, none of the labels with [Gmail] prefix can be selected as a destination for filtering.

When I go to the "All mail" folder and it shows me all of my email, none of them will have a tag/label saying "All mail" like it would for "Inbox" or "Sent. It's possible handling this "All mail" stuff is easy on Google's servers, but might be CPU work for mobile device to show all email from all folders. *shrug*

This is getting into proprietary stuff. This is intentional, to get you onto the Google ecosystem and never want to leave.
    This isn't proprietary in the least. It may be a Gmail-ism (for better or worst). Everything with a system label (ie [Gmail]) appears as a standard IMAP folder to any other email client. Look at your own example.

There's no more system burden in syncing this folder/label via IMAP than there is syncing any other. The burden on the mobile device will be based on volume/length of synchronization (ie 3, 30, 90, all days).
    09-03-15 11:29 PM
    You need to change it in the hub settings, do it this way: delete on hub only or prompt, whatever you prefer.

BlackBerry doesn't care that Hub now improperly handles Gmail-img_20150904_002756.png
    BlackBerry doesn't care that Hub now improperly handles Gmail-img_20150904_002913.png

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:29 PM
    This isn't proprietary in the least. It may be a Gmail-ism (for better or worst). Everything with a system label (ie [Gmail]) appears as a standard IMAP folder to any other email client. Look at your own example.

There's no more system burden in syncing this folder/label via IMAP than there is syncing any other. The burden on the mobile device will be based on volume/length of synchronization (ie 3, 30, 90, all days).
    For kicks, I added my gmail account to my iOS5 ipod. The "All mail" folder was OUTSIDE the Gmail folder, where it showed the other [Gmail] ones as sub folders.

Proprietary handling per client. That is what this causes.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-03-15 11:32 PM
    Why can't you just file it to another folder? It would show up in Gmail under All Mail, wouldn't it? Who cares if it has another label?

The new way makes more sense. I typically never delete my Gmail messages and mostly rely on the unread filter, and just search for old stuff. I have some rules for labels but it's more for sorting to rarely mass delete certain types of messages.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:35 PM
    This is true.

Unless...

You've ever used ANY other IMAP mail client.

Of read Google's documentation for setting up IMAP folders.

Or looked at the settings for IMAP where it's listed as a System Label.

Or looked at the left-hand side of the Gmail screen where all the labels are.

Or searched for "label:all".
    09-03-15 11:36 PM
    For kicks, I added my gmail account to my iOS5 ipod. The "All mail" folder was OUTSIDE the Gmail folder, where it showed the other [Gmail] ones as sub folders.

Proprietary handling per client. That is what this causes.
    And yet, it still shows up.
    09-03-15 11:38 PM
    You need to change it in the hub settings, do it this way: delete on hub only or prompt, whatever you prefer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150904_002756.png 
Views:	776 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	369709
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150904_002913.png 
Views:	772 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	369710

Posted via CB10
    "Meanwhile I can create a new label on my Gmail called "Crap I want to archive but BlackBerry is lame" and map delete to that. Yay! Thanks BlackBerry for slowing me down instead of the original mantra - Keep Moving."

He already knows what he needs to do to work around this, he just feels this is so much extra work.
    Since "All mail" shows all emails (including "Crap I want to archive but BlackBerry is lame", I don't really see the differentiation.

I don't use "All mail", so I'm not seeing the benefits. Everyone uses their emails differently. From people who filter first (me) to people who filter later, to people who want a 0 message inbox... I filter everything into the applicable described folder. "Bills", "Newsletters", "Stuff to keep", etc.

Different strokes for different folks. The majority of BlackBerry's business customers are likely on Activesync.
    09-03-15 11:39 PM
    Why can't you just file it to another folder?
    Posted via CB10
    Why should I have to?
    09-03-15 11:41 PM
    "Meanwhile I can create a new label on my Gmail called "Crap I want to archive but BlackBerry is lame" and map delete to that. Yay! Thanks BlackBerry for slowing me down instead of the original mantra - Keep Moving."

He already knows what he needs to do to work around this, he just feels this is so much extra work.
    Since "All mail" shows all emails (including "Crap I want to archive but BlackBerry is lame", I don't really see the differentiation.

I don't use "All mail", so I'm not seeing the benefits. Everyone uses their emails differently. From people who filter first (me) to people who filter later, to people who want a 0 message inbox... I filter everything into the applicable described folder. "Bills", "Newsletters", "Stuff to keep", etc.

Different strokes for different folks. The majority of BlackBerry's business customers are likely on Activesync.
    Umm I believe he might not be aware on how to do this, I have Gmail too, and if I delete it deletes on hub and server, server being Google, if I change it to hub only, if I delete it won't delete it from my Gmail but it will on my hub. Seems like OP is attempting to delete from hub view, but not have the email being deleted from Gmail. So email would read as read, but not be deleted from Gmail, and would stay in the inbox which would be allmail

If I'm wrong, I apologize, just seems as though OP is confused on where the setting is.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:43 PM
    This is true.

Unless...

You've ever used ANY other IMAP mail client.

Of read Google's documentation for setting up IMAP folders.

Or looked at the settings for IMAP where it's listed as a System Label.

Or looked at the left-hand side of the Gmail screen where all the labels are.

Or searched for "label:all".
    Point out to me where "System label" is in imap standard. I'd like to read more about it.
    09-03-15 11:43 PM
    Umm I believe he might not be aware on how to do this, I have Gmail too, and if I delete it deletes on hub and server, server being Google, if I change it to hub only, if I delete it won't delete it from my Gmail but it will on my hub. Seems like OP is attempting to delete from hub view, but not have the email being deleted from Gmail. So email would read as read, but not be deleted from Gmail, and would stay in the inbox which would be allmail

If I'm wrong, I apologize, just seems as though OP is confused on where the setting is.

Posted via CB10
    You might be right.
    09-03-15 11:45 PM
    My understanding of what the OP wants is this:

He wants Delete on Hub Only functionality, but at some later date, he wants to be able to tell the Hub to display all emails again so that he can search through them all. It's like Delete on Hub Only is a filter that's always On until he wants to see everything again.
    09-03-15 11:50 PM
254 1234 ...