I've read every TOS for every device, piece of software and service I use. I've yet to find one from any major company that defines with any specificity exactly what is collected and exactly how it is used. I've done extensive research on many tech companies and all of the majors, and bottom line for me was that I just can't find a level of trust for Google, so I don't use their services. That said, I'd be interested in seeing the TOS you're referring to and to know which Google services they apply to, can you post a link?

Posted via CB10
    Data collection - Google
    01-29-17 12:37 PM
    I consider open source code that has not been code reviewed by the authors or an independent body to be un-verified. The Multimedia library (formerly known as StageFright) is the best known of these. The number and frequency of vulnerabilities found in this library indicates ti me that the code hasn't been verified. You can make your own decisions, of course.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    Stagefright while it affected Android did not affect Knox
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-29-17 01:02 PM
    Stagefright while it affected Android did not affect Knox
    Is that because they are using a different library or because no one has found a way around Knox using known vulnerabilities?

But the Multimedia library is not the only code in Android with that kind of problem, just the best known. BlackBerry wrote a dev blog post about using third party code responsibly. Someone has to review all the code involved in the solutions my team provides. If not the authors or integrator then us.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    01-29-17 01:05 PM
    Take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.... Remember, all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more....

You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss.

I choose to believe!!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    So very true to us who are die hard BlackBerry users. It is really sad that BlackBerry as a company that started the smartphone that everyone else aspired to build till this day,but in the end is abandoning it's roots. It is the smartphone defined. Peace.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 06:45 PM
    Is that because they are using a different library or because no one has found a way around Knox using known vulnerabilities?

But the Multimedia library is not the only code in Android with that kind of problem, just the best known. BlackBerry wrote a dev blog post about using third party code responsibly. Someone has to review all the code involved in the solutions my team provides. If not the authors or integrator then us.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    So am I correct to presume, you haven't taken a hard look at Android recently, and if so, will you when BlackBerry announces theirs is superior to BB10?
    01-29-17 10:54 PM
    The BlackBerry os 10 phones are use for business purposes and BlackBerry cannot let bb10 software behind just coz they got a new android version of the BlackBerry BlackBerry will always think of BlackBerry 10 phones

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 02:48 AM
    The BlackBerry os 10 phones are use for business purposes and BlackBerry cannot let bb10 software behind just coz they got a new android version of the BlackBerry BlackBerry will always think of BlackBerry 10 phones

Posted via CB10
    The "tools not toys" argument never gets old.
    01-30-17 03:58 AM
    So am I correct to presume, you haven't taken a hard look at Android recently, and if so, will you when BlackBerry announces theirs is superior to BB10?
    Of course.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-30-17 07:40 AM
    As interesting as all this is, it might be time to refocus and link the discussion to the original topic: BlackBerry continued support for BB10.

So let's assume that when BlackBerry Android devices are all upgraded to Nougat, BlackBerry makes the announcement that they consider that to provide equal or better security than BB10, so BB10 is EOL. What do current BB10 users do?

Some will probably transition to BlackBerry Android running Nougat. Some will transition to iOS, Windows or some other OS. Some will stay with their BB10 or even BBOS devices as long as they work.

Those organisations that have the need and ability to do an independent evaluation and TRA will do that and act according to their findings. In fact this type of organisation has been doing this on an ongoing basis. So far, by what has turned up here at least it doesn't look good for BlackBerry. Interesting times ahead.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    elfabio80 and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-30-17 08:06 AM
    Seriously, if the US became some kind of evil rogue Empire then we would have much more serious things to worry about.
    Wouldn't what you think and what you search for be the first thing a dictatorship wants to find out and control?

How many companies, especially high tech ones, last 25 years without changing products, line of products, management, direction and ethical line?
    One must be very naive to trust the board of directors of any company to care about your data if profit is to be made by not doing so...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 11:41 PM
    Hi I know its irrelevant
    But I have a question.
    I copy all android systems file in bb10 to my pc
    And do a little change and make new files
    But I cant replace them to /system
    Is there any way to replace them?
    Or make bar of files and use sachesi?

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiyINS159UUhkpgFiob9hoSEs3aX5Q
    02-04-17 05:55 AM
    Hi I know its irrelevant
    But I have a question.
    I copy all android systems file in bb10 to my pc
    And do a little change and make new files
    But I cant replace them to /system
    Is there any way to replace them?
    Or make bar of files and use sachesi?

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiyINS159UUhkpgFiob9hoSEs3aX5Q
    Probably only if you have BlackBerry's signing keys.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    02-04-17 08:35 AM
    "Obama's BlackBerry" only looked like one.
    And he had moved on to a modified Samsung phone by the end of his Presidency.
    02-04-17 08:40 AM
    As interesting as all this is, it might be time to refocus and link the discussion to the original topic: BlackBerry continued support for BB10.

So let's assume that when BlackBerry Android devices are all upgraded to Nougat, BlackBerry makes the announcement that they consider that to provide equal or better security than BB10, so BB10 is EOL. What do current BB10 users do?

Some will probably transition to BlackBerry Android running Nougat. Some will transition to iOS, Windows or some other OS. Some will stay with their BB10 or even BBOS devices as long as they work.

Those organisations that have the need and ability to do an independent evaluation and TRA will do that and act according to their findings. In fact this type of organisation has been doing this on an ongoing basis. So far, by what has turned up here at least it doesn't look good for BlackBerry. Interesting times ahead.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    I guess my question is what organizations are we talking about? My experience on the deep side is limited but I have taken several products through FIPS certification. I also work with several US Government agencies including some in the DOD. I have not seen any using BB10, some had BBOS but have seen any BBOS phones lately.

From my outside experience, (not being in the mobile world, but knowing that even to have conversations about my products with some agencies, security certifications were required),
    BB10 is pretty late to the party. What agency is going to adopt a phone that only has only had one security update in over 18 months.
    02-04-17 09:17 AM
    Wouldn't what you think and what you search for be the first thing a dictatorship wants to find out and control?

Posted via CB10
    Revealing my shopping habits is about 412th on my list of concerns about living until a totalitarian empire.
    02-04-17 09:23 AM
    I guess my question is what organizations are we talking about? My experience on the deep side is limited but I have taken several products through FIPS certification. I also work with several US Government agencies including some in the DOD. I have not seen any using BB10, some had BBOS but have seen any BBOS phones lately.

From my outside experience, (not being in the mobile world, but knowing that even to have conversations about my products with some agencies, security certifications were required),
    BB10 is pretty late to the party. What agency is going to adopt a phone that only has only had one security update in over 18 months.
    That is the question. I know some, but I doubt I know all. Organisations that have the highest security requirements are often adverse to publicity regarding their security arrangements.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    02-04-17 11:36 AM
    That is the question. I know some, but I doubt I know all. Organisations that have the highest security requirements are often adverse to publicity regarding their security arrangements.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    Then I guess you are talking about some private companies. Not US Government agencies.
    02-04-17 02:33 PM
    Then I guess you are talking about some private companies. Not US Government agencies.
    No. To say that I would have to believe that there are no government organisations outside the US, or that they don't count for much. That may be the way most Americans feel about the world, but since the US population as a percentage of world population is on the same order of magnitude as BlackBerry's market share it probably has the same level of importance.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    02-04-17 03:32 PM
    No. To say that I would have to believe that there are no government organisations outside the US, or that they don't count for much. That may be the way most Americans feel about the world, but since the US population as a percentage of world population is on the same order of magnitude as BlackBerry's market share it probably has the same level of importance.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    Interesting, I wonder what Government agencies any where in the world would be interested in adopting an OS that can't even guarantee one more security update. Plus, with hardware that is based on very old chip sets. Another major issue is the lack of support for BB10 from the certified enterprise management systems.

Also, depending on the level of security needed the sales effort required is very high. Blackberry's sales team and BB10 dev team is very small. These government deals require highly qualified sales organizations dedicated to security.

The limited success they have had was several years ago with their Secusmart group is some of the high levels in Germany.
    02-05-17 01:01 AM
    Revealing my shopping habits is about 412th on my list of concerns about living until a totalitarian empire.
    If shopping is the only thing you do on your phone, then you are not a very heavy user of your phone. They are mobile computers.
    I assume you do more intelligent and important things on your computer than just shop.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 01:06 AM
    I'm sticking with my leap and buying another one to store away. If years down the line all I can do is text, call and send emails then so be it. I love the blackberry 10 experience, it's the best OS.

Posted via my BlackBerry Leap
    blackbp likes this.
    02-05-17 02:30 AM
    I'm sticking with my leap and buying another one to store away. If years down the line all I can do is text, call and send emails then so be it. I love the blackberry 10 experience, it's the best OS.

Posted via my BlackBerry Leap
    Me too! And living better...move on? Mmm move on the big brother way? Not for me..bye bye alcatel android ios samsung etc..!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 03:35 AM
    Some people stick with their old BBOS devices too. Good luck with that. I use my Z10 as a mini tablet at home. My phone right now is an Android.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 07:51 AM
    If shopping is the only thing you do on your phone, then you are not a very heavy user of your phone. They are mobile computers.
    I assume you do more intelligent and important things on your computer than just shop.

Posted via CB10
    What do you do on your phone? I can't do most of my work on a phone.

And he never said he just shopped.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 08:56 AM
    I've never understood the whole 'what I can do on my phone' thing and it being a competition about how often they use it per day. I absolutely think it's a convenience at times to be able to do it but I'm always going to have my desktop computer, laptop or surface pro with me if I'm going to client meetings or whatever. Sure, maybe I could do it on my phone but why would I if I had options?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 09:01 AM
368 ... 7891011 ...