Yup, but my experience was that IT made a dumb move. We were on OS7 devices for a loooong time and they did the job just fine. Then there was a half-hearted move to BB10 before somebody higher up decided to change the back end from BES to something else.
    1) the IT guys on the floor thought it was stupid, BES was better for them
    2) everyone is now on iPhone because the competitor didn't support Blackberry management. What did they gain? I talk to all the service and sales guys who opted to switch to iPhones. They all admitted the Blackberry's worked just fine but "Oh, now I can load the games that my kids want to play."

That was pretty much it. They went from solid phones that filled a business need to phones that were company paid for but on top of company use, saw heavy action for personal use downloading all sorts of junk.

Posted via CB10
    One of the problems is that at the same time BB10 was launched, BlackBerry was suffering from a very bad version of BES. BES 11 was just not a good MDM solution. At the time many corporations were starting to support BYOD, or supporting multiple phones inside the corporation. BES 11 was not a good solution for those environments. Maybe your IT guys liked BES, but many I was working with at the time (around the world) did not like BES. Many were moving away, many companies were very happy to shut down their BlackBerry back ends. BES 12 was much better, but it was late to the market. One of the reasons BlackBerry purchased Good.

As for iPhones, I always laugh at the Tools not toys discussion that goes on here, even when it is said a different way. I don't use an iPhone, but I work in tech companies and many of the super tech guys I work with use iPhones. They do a lot with their iPhones for work. Few if any of them use their phones for games. iPhones are very well designed devices and are used around the world for work. From an IT infrastructure perspective, iPhones have great ecosystem support.
    01-18-17 11:46 AM
    One of the problems is that at the same time BB10 was launched, BlackBerry was suffering from a very bad version of BES. BES 11 was just not a good MDM solution. At the time many corporations were starting to support BYOD, or supporting multiple phones inside the corporation. BES 11 was not a good solution for those environments. Maybe your IT guys liked BES, but many I was working with at the time (around the world) did not like BES. Many were moving away, many companies were very happy to shut down their BlackBerry back ends. BES 12 was much better, but it was late to the market. One of the reasons BlackBerry purchased Good.

As for iPhones, I always laugh at the Tools not toys discussion that goes on here, even when it is said a different way. I don't use an iPhone, but I work in tech companies and many of the super tech guys I work with use iPhones. They do a lot with their iPhones for work. Few if any of them use their phones for games. iPhones are very well designed devices and are used around the world for work. From an IT infrastructure perspective, iPhones have great ecosystem support.
    And they have the apps people need to get work done. Not just games.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 12:10 PM
    And they have the apps people need to get work done. Not just games.

Posted via CB10
    BLASPHEMY
    01-18-17 01:50 PM
    Buying BB10 is like buying a $600 Radar detector. No falsifying or nagging false alarms. Catches the cops way ahead and off axis. Has GPS lockouts that work. Undetectable to radar detector detectors. The $200 idetector goes off all of the time and is annoying the hell out of you. Too many times crying wolf. Doesn't keep you safe from a ticket.
    01-20-17 09:45 PM
    Buying BB10 is like buying a $600 Radar detector. No falsifying or nagging false alarms. Catches the cops way ahead and off axis. Has GPS lockouts that work. Undetectable to radar detector detectors. The $200 idetector goes off all of the time and is annoying the hell out of you. Too many times crying wolf. Doesn't keep you safe from a ticket.
    Instead of the analogy, can you explain exactly what you mean, technically speaking?
    01-20-17 09:59 PM
    But does it have dark hub?
    01-20-17 10:23 PM
    01-20-17 10:31 PM
    01-21-17 12:17 AM
    By the time a radar detector makes noise, you are on your way to buying a ticket and (here in Nova Scotia) losing your detector.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-21-17 09:13 AM
    And, you eventually outgrow it.
    01-21-17 10:10 AM
    My Radenso has a dark hub. Yes indeed.
    01-23-17 09:23 PM
    By the time a radar detector makes noise, you are on your way to buying a ticket and (here in Nova Scotia) losing your detector.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    That was the past. No longer.
    01-23-17 09:24 PM
    Thanks for posting the link. It was a great read that there's hope in some form of BB10.

 BlackBerry AT&T Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    01-23-17 09:37 PM
    Thanks for posting the link. It was a great read that there's hope in some form of BB10.
    Please refer back to http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12732940
    01-23-17 09:55 PM
    BlackBerry specifically said that BlackBerry hardened Nougat will have security-parity with BB10.
    That MIGHT be true, but security isn't privacy, though the terms are often used interchangeably. There is still a segment of the market that requires BOTH.....it might be a very small segment, but it does exist, and without bb10, there's not an existing OS (that I'm aware of) that can fill that hole. Since many of those users are "mission critical" , eventually someone will have rise to fill the void......most likely at a very increased device cost. Boeing perhaps? Frankly, there's probably many who would be happy to pay handsomely for such a device.

If you offered a device with an extremely high level of business productivity, privacy/security, a robust app eco system and top notch, no-lag, get 'er done hardware mixed with just a dash of sex appeal, I know our organization would gladly pay $1500 per device. We're basically paying that now because we often need multiple devices in order to do what we need to do. I think there's a niche market out there, but instead of trying to bring costs down and retro fit a consumer device for business, I'd rather see a true enterprise/commercial grade device released and have them charge appropriately for it. Heck, you might even sell a few more just BECAUSE it's expensive.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    01-23-17 11:00 PM
    That MIGHT be true, but security isn't privacy, though the terms are often used interchangeably.

Posted via CB10
    With BlackBerry Android locked down with an EMM solution like BlackBerry UEM, what privacy concerns do you have that is any different from BB10?
    01-23-17 11:20 PM
    Lol didn't you at one time predict that the Priv would be the last handset from BlackBerry?
    Really have a bone to pick with Android-BlackBerry, eh?
    And wasn't I right? And did it sell more than a bb10 device? Nope...
    The dteks are TCL, Chinese designed and made, and stamped with a BlackBerry logo and some BlackBerry software.

If Trump has his way (which looks almost 100% certain), they will be considered imports to North America and charged with 45% import tax. This would be correct, because only the BlackBerry apps on the Dteks are "made in North America."

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 11:41 PM
    With BlackBerry Android locked down with an EMM solution like BlackBerry UEM, what privacy concerns do you have that is any different from BB10?
    Google, microsoft my friend, under Trump's supreme command.
    All these privacy deniers here will see very soon how ridiculously naive they are.
    Google analytics is already on pretty much every webpage in the West, even on company internal ones, counting your clicks at work "to verify that the software operates correctly."

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sorinv; 01-23-17 at 11:57 PM.
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    01-23-17 11:46 PM

If your admin has activated "private space" in corporate mode, then the privacy is better on BB10, simply because all the BB10 stock apps are not connected to any powerful Big Data algorithm and all cloud services are off by default.
    On Android I don't have any reasonable choice like that, I can (mitigate and minimize but) not avoid being a product

I don't know how it is on Android with "work space only"-mode or "regulated"-mode, I also don't know the possible policies on UEM (what is the difference to BES12 btw?).

Google, microsoft my friend, under Trump's supreme command.
    All these privacy deniers here will see very soon how ridiculously naive they are.
    Google analytics is already on pretty much every webpage in the West, even on company internal ones, counting your clicks at work "to verify that the software operates correctly."
    Posted via CB10
    Yeah, at this point I am not sure, if enterprise can continue to use Windows, iOS and Android in Europe.

My concern is not the telemetry data (I think nobody cares about how many times I open Powershell), but it's obvious that Microsoft wants to play a more significant role in the Big Data market.
    Any data that could be used for a "user profile" are a concern and at the moment I would not even trust W10 LTSB.

In case of iOS, I don't know what kind of data Apple can collect, but it would be interesting to understand what Apple knows about you even when you disable iCloud.

After Snowden I didn't expect much from the Obama administration, and I always expect the worst from republicans, and I have no words for what can be expected under Trump (who is beyond "republican").

This here is the status quo:

DOJ: Microsoft isn’t harmed when it can’t tell users what data we want | Ars Technica

I am going to use webfilters (router, DNS server, pac files...) and keep BB10, currently thinking about to install Ubuntu on an old pc at work only for testing until 2020.
    01-24-17 03:57 AM
    we just wait and see... until than OS10.3 works great and doesn't leak data through to feed big GooDATA for a start.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-24-17 04:25 AM
    The dteks are TCL, Chinese designed and made, and stamped with a BlackBerry logo and some BlackBerry software.
    They're still BlackBerrys, just like the pre Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Designs.
    01-24-17 06:14 AM
    They're still BlackBerrys, just like the pre Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Designs.
    "I'm wrong, but I'm going to move the goalposts to make it look like I'm right."
    anon(3983727) likes this.
    01-24-17 09:36 AM
    Our organization's understanding is that because Google is what the device is built around, that there is effectively no real way to stop data aggregation. If there is something that we're missing, I would love to hear more as we are currently exploring where to head once BB10 bites the dust. The consensus with the executive partners is that IOS is more private and they seem to "trust" Apple more than Google. That said, nobody is really keen on either platform because nobody REALLY knows what either company has access too. There's a lot of "just trust us, we're here to help." talk coming from these companies and that's red flag number one, number two is the lack of transparent disclosure, and three is no way to verify that anything they tell us or insinuate is actually true. Not that we get ANY of that from Blackberry, we don't. But their business model isn't built on data mining....its built on keeping data secure. Google, not so much.

Would love to hear your thoughts though. I'm all for learning as much as possible because it deeply affects our company.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 12:59 AM
    The consensus with the executive partners is that IOS is more private and they seem to "trust" Apple more than Google. That said, nobody is really keen on either platform because nobody REALLY knows what either company has access too.
    Just want to add that Apple seems to collect the same amount/type of data like Google, they just try harder to make the data anonymous, see: https://www.wired.com/2016/06/apples...llecting-data/

Quote: "Federighi’s emphasis on differential privacy likely means Apple is actually sending more of your data than ever off of your device to its servers for analysis, just as Google and Facebook and every other data-hungry tech firm does. But Federighi implies that Apple is only transmitting that data in a transformed, differentially private form."

We will have to trust that Apple's QC is doing a better job than many advertisers/trackers who also promise anonymity and often fail.
    01-25-17 03:33 AM
    Google's data collection is from its own apps. Not the base operating system.
    01-25-17 05:17 AM
368 ... 23456 ...