I agree with you, I too want to stick to BBOS10.
    However the way us die hards as you put it are being treated by BlackBerry is really bad.

BlackBerry buyers don't like android. Android buyers don't like BlackBerry. With a BlackBerry Android most BBOS10 fans won't buy, android fans have a huge choice to pick from, Samsung HTC Sony to name a few. So the chances of a slice of Android market share are slim to none.

BlackBerry handsets will disappear for sure sooner or later. What bugs me the most is the BBOS10 in the right hands would have been successful.

My conclusion is.....i do have a Windows laptop at home so looks like a Windows mobile too....

How sad

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 05:58 AM
    I still love my Z10. I will make it last until my company makes me change it to a new BlackBerry device.
    12-21-16 06:46 AM
    Hi everyone; I own a bb10(q10) on 10.3.2. Despite all the news and drama around blackberry and the bb10 os. I, a diehard BlackBerry user WILL STILL buy a BlackBerry device till the very last straw.

I went to a store today to get the passport SE, the sales rep try to sway me to another platform with the whatsapp issue but the "blackberry-ness" in me wouldn't allow that.

I will continue to use bb10 device till all apps (androids) give up. Lets enjoy what we have, BlackBerry has tried for the bb10 platform. The ship might be sinking but she's still beautiful nonetheless. Until she no longer moves, am locked on this platform like a dog with a bone.

Lets all spread the love for BlackBerry 10. If you cant stand bb10 because you need "major" apps, you can go android. I just cant stand android app's ad-ware. Sooner or later will switch platform but that day isnt today.

Posted via CB10
    I am with you Sir mictol on staying with BB10 until the end, the ship is sinking slowly so need to take to the lifeboats yet, I use Leap and Passport for Business and they cover my personal requirements out of the box as for personal use I have mixed selection of phones to see what Might replace BB10, I have a Priv only when it was available at under half price to see how Blackberry Android compares with BB10, too soon to say as only had it a week, I have an I phone SE it just works out of the box and all the Apps you could want and easy to use but without I tunes it's too locked down, next two are Windows Phone running 8.1 / 10 lack of apps mean they are not better than BB10 which with Cobalts work round many thanks to him, can use Android apps on my personal Z30/ Red Passport, always willing to try everything I have a Jolla phone which can use some Android Apps and is free from Google influence for those that wish to be,
    Personally the only phone that handles my E mail accounts 10 of and Twitter without problems is a BB10 one and the file manager is probably the best, I had to see my Palm webOS phones slowly become almost unusable, so now seeing BB10 heading the same way a sad day when it comes, so Sir mictol guard your bone and enjoy your Blackberry BB10 until it's last gasp.
    (Apart from the priv it is a Blackberry the others will end up in a drawer.)

Happy Christmas and new Year to all members and everyone at Crackberry.com
    12-21-16 08:22 AM
    Lol, not even remotely true. How to be productive when none of the productivity apps are available for BB10, or is email pinnacle of productivity.

The world has moved on. Nobody is crying for BB10, people forgot about bb phones long time ago.
    I see the word productive used like it some magical thing that only a BlackBerry user can have..... but the truth is there are BBOS users that are productive without BB10 and there are iOS users that are productive without BlackBerry at all. It all depends on what each individual users... NEEDS.

Sadly for the majority of us, it's apps. Might be an Airline or Travel app, might be a destination app, might be a conferencing app or a workgroup sharepoint app.

BB10 is great for the basics and meets many peoples "productivity" needs.... if they have simple basic needs.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    12-21-16 10:03 AM
    I'm Here Till the End!
    12-21-16 10:15 AM
    My short time in the Navy has taught me that no matter how outdated or unpopular something is, you must always go down with it.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    12-21-16 10:31 AM
    My short time in the Navy has taught me that no matter how outdated or unpopular something is, you must always go down with it.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    I taught only the captain had to go down with the ship.... CrackBerry's captain jumped ship long ago.
    12-21-16 10:38 AM
    BB10 til the END!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 11:11 AM
    I taught only the captain had to go down with the ship.... CrackBerry's captain jumped ship long ago.
    LMFAO true but we're still gonna stay til the very end
    BlackBerry diehard; going down with the ship nonetheless-titanic-sinking-underwater.jpg
    12-21-16 11:20 AM
    Fixed that for you...

Android...

Richard
    VeryBumpy and dmlis like this.
    12-21-16 11:33 AM
    I have just made the jump from BB10 to PRIV and don't regret it at all
    What BB10 device did you have?
    12-21-16 11:35 AM
    I just renewed my Z30 with a new leather black flip-wallet case and a plastic screen protector, the effect is a sort of smart elegance.
    It's a nice case but please beware it offers little to no protection from drops. The flip part...flips open, often leaving the phone face-down or striking an exposed edge. My wife used this case on her Z30 and the screen was broken almost immediately.

Richard
    12-21-16 11:36 AM
    Enjoy the Last ride of #BB10 as much as we can. A year or two to the Max, soon it will Fade away.
    Posted via CB10
    C'mon some people still use flip phones nowadays. BB10 devices should still be usefull for AT LEAST Calls/Text/Emails in a decade
    12-21-16 11:38 AM

Apps aside, here's more accurate analogy.

Attachment 414653Attachment 414654

Not quite accurate. The way I see it, if you take a closer look, you will notice that a big part of the Android tools are useless Chinese crap...

Posted via CB10 - Z30 STA100-5
    dmlis likes this.
    12-21-16 11:43 AM
    a big part of the android tools are useless chinese crap...
    Posted via cb10 - z30 sta100-5
    lololololol
    dmlis likes this.
    12-21-16 11:48 AM
    LMFAO true but we're still gonna stay til the very end
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	titanic-sinking-underwater.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	217.1 KB 
ID:	414669
    It occures to me after seeing this I've seen a lot of Titanic references tossed at BlackBerry in the last couple years, and it's not really apt. BlackBerry has been sailing these waters long before anyone else. Maybe HMS Erebus and/or Terror would be more appropriate (for the hardware business), lost at sea while trying to find a new route.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-21-16 11:48 AM
    Fixed that for you...

Android...
    http://petticoatjunktion.com/wp-cont...t-junktion.jpg

Richard
    Still proves my point, there's more that can be done on Android no matter what your opinion of them might be.

Not quite accurate. The way I see it, if you take a closer look, you will notice that a big part of the Android tools are useless Chinese crap...

Posted via CB10 - Z30 STA100-5
    As is BlackBerry. Ever hear of S4BB?
    12-21-16 01:45 PM
    It occures to me after seeing this I've seen a lot of Titanic references tossed at BlackBerry in the last couple years, and it's not really apt. BlackBerry has been sailing these waters long before anyone else. Maybe HMS Erebus and/or Terror would be more appropriate (for the hardware business), lost at sea while trying to find a new route.
    I don't know... from where they were to where they are now, it's kinda like the ship went down and a few life boats remain with only a very small percentage of the crew surviving. Sure those life boats say "BlackBerry" on them... but that's not really the same.

As a company, BlackBerry will live one..... but most of us here won't care in a few years that BlackBerry is a software company.
    12-21-16 01:46 PM
    I don't know... from where they were to where they are now, it's kinda like the ship went down and a few life boats remain with only a very small percentage of the crew surviving. Sure those life boats say "BlackBerry" on them... but that's not really the same.

As a company, BlackBerry will live one..... but most of us here won't care in a few years that BlackBerry is a software company.
    Look at it like they were trying to blaze a new trail in a hostile area with little chance of success, but had they been successful the return (literal and financial) would have been fantastic; but sadly they lost to the elements and had to abandon ship. Sure I use Android as a daily driver and I thoroughly enjoy it but I still have a candle in the window for BlackBerry returning. Sentimental, perhaps
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-21-16 01:54 PM
    I flip flop but always love bb10 right now I'm on my White Classic and just love it. The Classic wasn't given enough time. My father inlaw works for City Bank and they just started handing out classics. I don't get why Chen cut that cord so quickly. Big corporations just don't move that fast, you need to give things time and I love the classic!!!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry of Doom likes this.
    12-21-16 02:06 PM
    I love the classic!!!
    Is is truly a device that will never go out of style as its name suggests even though they abandon BB10 which is mature enough to stand like a rock in spite of being forsaken unlike cough cough ios/android cough cough

I don't feel like the ship is sinking even though I'm on it. It's like nothing changed from the time I bought my Classic until today. So what if some weight (apps) got tossed into the sea, we can still naviguate (talk on the phone, send text message, check e-mails and more!)

The Android & iOS ships are the ones needing high maintenance, not our BB10 kayak
    BlackBerry diehard; going down with the ship nonetheless-kayak.jpg
    Last edited by BlackBerry of Doom; 12-21-16 at 02:54 PM.
    YesAndNo likes this.
    12-21-16 02:27 PM
    Still proves my point, there's more that can be done on Android no matter what your opinion of them might be.
    Not too sure what your point really is as a messed-up nightmare jumble of tools isn't very useful, but I do note you are a moderator that seems to prefer android, beating up BB10 lovers in the BB10 forum of the board! Howdy!

Richard
    12-21-16 03:09 PM
    It's a nice case but please beware it offers little to no protection from drops. The flip part...flips open, often leaving the phone face-down or striking an exposed edge. My wife used this case on her Z30 and the screen was broken almost immediately.

Richard
    Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I will take care of the phone so as to avoid drops.

From my awesome Z30
    12-21-16 03:41 PM

As is BlackBerry. Ever hear of S4BB?
    S4BB:
    Last edited by thurask; 12-21-16 at 05:31 PM.
    Thud Hardsmack and G_Unit MVP like this.
    12-21-16 04:10 PM
    Not too sure what your point really is as a messed-up nightmare jumble of tools isn't very useful, but I do note you are a moderator that seems to prefer android, beating up BB10 lovers in the BB10 forum of the board! Howdy!

Richard
    I'm not here to "beat up BB10 lovers", I happen to be one. I no longer look at the Android world with blinders on, although I'll admit there was a time long ago when I joined in the platform bashing - nothing could be better than BBOS (no BB10 back then). Over time, other users corrected my assumptions just as I do now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with preferring this or that or a couple of platforms and not liking the rest and having opinions, but dealing in absolutes doesn't make for lively discussion on the forums and alienates opposing views that would otherwise make for good topics.

Also, I'm stubborn as a goat and I like a challenge, so I sat down and made good and sure I learned the ins and outs of Android before deciding whether it was workable or not. You'll notice I have rare opinions on iOS or Windows because I haven't used them enough to feel comfortable making many assessments.
    BigBadWulf and StephanieMaks like this.
    12-21-16 04:14 PM
86 1234