I am wondering if BlackBerry has a design team and what the design philosophy does BlackBerry have with their units and OS.
    I own a BlackBerry Z10 and I love the OS but sometimes I feel that design needs a lot of improvements. We may laugh at iOS for having a very colorful OS but let's admit the OS looks neat and put-together. The icons are uniform in shape and everything looks well though of.

Who heads the BlackBerry Design team? 10.3 doesn't look that good, although better than the previous OS 10 versions.

Posted via CB10
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-10-14 08:10 PM
    I am wondering if BlackBerry has a design team and what the design philosophy does BlackBerry have with their units and OS.
    I own a BlackBerry Z10 and I love the OS but sometimes I feel that design needs a lot of improvements. We may laugh at iOS for having a very colorful OS but let's admit the OS looks neat and put-together. The icons are uniform in shape and everything looks well though of.

Who heads the BlackBerry Design team? 10.3 doesn't look that good, although better than the previous OS 10 versions.

Posted via CB10
    I believe the design team is headed by an Internet Troll!
    agarwal.apar and illlya like this.
    05-10-14 08:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    10.3 looks AWESOME! Why wouldn't you like it?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 11:18 PM
    BlackBerry OS has always been given the serious and no nonsense look. So, if you are looking for a bit colorful and playful OS, then you are on wrong platform.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    05-10-14 11:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    To each his own!

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    05-10-14 11:23 PM
    Honestly I would like to see some widgets...

Posted via CB10
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    05-11-14 01:03 AM
    Honestly I would like to see some widgets...

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps with the new home screen this will be more likely?
    05-11-14 08:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    There are things that can be improved. An example is the SMS thread look, it looks too plain.
    Another thing the music player, the blue background with equalizer looks too generic and old.

Don't tell me I'm in the wrong platform because pointing out things that can still be improved. This doesn't mean that I hate BlackBerry, even BlackBerry and it's executives (Hi, Michael Clewley) listen to a small customer like me.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 10:46 AM
    They've gone with android plain with a splash of ios look. Way to keep it different...

Posted via a mess called CB10
    05-11-14 10:54 AM
    I completely agree. BlackBerry designs are really bland.. I know what people are saying about being professional but you can be professional while having a modern OS. 10.3 looks awesome but more can still be done.

If only most of the people from TAT didn't leave BlackBerry
    05-11-14 12:28 PM
    I completely agree. BlackBerry designs are really bland.. I know what people are saying about being professional but you can be professional while having a modern OS. 10.3 looks awesome but more can still be done.

If only most of the people from TAT didn't leave BlackBerry
    I'm glad there's someone who gets my point. Professionals needn't be boring - artists and the professionals in the art industry will surely agree. This is where customization is needed and possibly, an overhaul of the OS aesthetics.
    BlackBerry has a new OS but has the same "bland" UI. Although, I must say that 10.3 is starting to impress me.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 02:33 PM
    I'm glad there's someone who gets my point. Professionals needn't be boring - artists and the professionals in the art industry will surely agree. This is where customization is needed and possibly, an overhaul of the OS aesthetics.
    BlackBerry has a new OS but has the same "bland" UI. Although, I must say that 10.3 is starting to impress me.

Posted via CB10
    yeah I completely understand where you're coming from man. I've always felt that way. BlackBerry designs are honestly just kinda boring. I don't know if you've seen the one concept for the reimagined hub someone made on here but it's amazing. It stays professional while adding color and some personality.
    05-11-14 05:08 PM
    05-11-14 05:08 PM
    Sorry but this the ugliest design I've ever seen!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 08:25 PM
    yeah I completely understand where you're coming from man. I've always felt that way. BlackBerry designs are honestly just kinda boring. I don't know if you've seen the one concept for the reimagined hub someone made on here but it's amazing. It stays professional while adding color and some personality.
    I kinda like it except for the colors. What sparked this thread was this article I read way back, which I remembered after opening Google:

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/1/24...ful-revolution

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 08:58 PM
    I believe their design philosophy from the outset was to get out of the way and lend the entire stage to the content (minimalist disappearing buttons, menus-- invoked using swipes).

Unfortunately enough users felt lost without persistent UI buttons and menus so they had to backtrack on that... to the point where they even felt compelled enough to bring back the tool belt.

Now they're just kinda floundering about trying to check boxes from all the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 09:17 PM
    Sorry but this the ugliest design I've ever seen!

Posted via CB10
    Haha its funny that you say that cause people literally love it or hate it. There's not really an in between haha
    05-11-14 09:46 PM