Yes they do deserve it

If I say more I may be warned.

I'm really getting tired of seeing a positive thread getting hijacked by negativity tho.

Posted Via CB10 On The Brother Of Future Z30
    10-08-13 05:16 PM
    You completely ignore the first half that admits its not the best option.
    All I am saying is that there is no point in complaining about apps and side loading and all that.
    I'm not for or against it. I use it to fill a void.
    It's not that big of a deal.
    The bottom line is that the native apps aren't here and that can be discovered before purchasing a bb10 device.
    You knew what you signed up for and if you didn't it's your own fault.
    You can always switch so why complain.
    gfondeur and yunique like this.
    10-08-13 05:17 PM
    You are rambling nonsense so much you can't even remember what you're saying. In post 10 YOU put "Yes, we want native too, but we can get by with a side load until then." That means you are saying side loading is temporary and the people who are complaining could wait like you till Native comes. Only one problem...native apps aren't coming. So when you try to tell people stop complaining and you use that dumb quote to justify them not being patient it sounds like you're pretty clueless to blackberry reality at this point.
    You're just looking for a fight.
    Wouldn't your time be better spent trying to help people in these forums??
    10-08-13 05:22 PM
    You're just looking for a fight.
    Wouldn't your time be better spent trying to help people in these forums??
    Looking for a fight?? Lol you mean put a quote up that you put that doesn't make any sense. Help people in these forums is a good thing. Calling people cry baby like you did and not using any logic to back up your stance is not. But I get it when nothing productive to say play the victim
    10-08-13 06:01 PM
    I have no idea what you guys are arguing about. I understand that not everyone want to go through the whole process, but I fail to see why is that important - just let us who like Android apps load them.

Planned or not, sideloading is a feature in my book, whether the brass at BlackBerry like it or not.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-08-13 06:17 PM
    You completely ignore the first half that admits its not the best option.
    All I am saying is that there is no point in complaining about apps and side loading and all that.
    I'm not for or against it. I use it to fill a void.
    It's not that big of a deal.
    The bottom line is that the native apps aren't here and that can be discovered before purchasing a bb10 device.
    You knew what you signed up for and if you didn't it's your own fault.
    You can always switch so why complain.
    I didn't ignore anything. The discussion was never about how good or bad side loading is. My issue was you trying to justify your stance with side loading "for now" and "until native comes". YOUR own words. The fact being blackberry situation right now the major apps are not coming. This is why blackberry is NOT getting credit for side loading. What credit do they deserve? I've had my z10 since launch. There is a list of apps that you can find online that may or may not work. That is not a feature
    10-08-13 06:17 PM
    I have no idea what you guys are arguing about. I understand that not everyone want to go through the whole process, but I fail to see why is that important - just let us who like Android apps load them.

Planned or not, sideloading is a feature in my book, whether the brass at BlackBerry like it or not.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    You started a thread asking for opinions. You feel blackberry deserves more credit for sideload . My question to you for what? As I stated before..as a user I go online and find an app that may or may not work..how is that a feature
    10-08-13 06:20 PM
    You started a thread asking for opinions. You feel blackberry deserves more credit for sideload . My question to you for what? As I stated before..as a user I go online and find an app that may or may not work..how is that a feature
    I created this thread thinking it was an actual feature - it's not. If it's true that they would rather have us not use it - then the hell with credit.

That said, I'm extremely happy sideloading is available. I probably would not be writing this right now if it were not possible.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-08-13 06:45 PM
    I just reread the OP. It's "impressive" that BlackBerry can be rigged to run another platform's apps and run as fast as a device that's more than two years old? Really? That's impressive? I'll repeat: give me a break.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:43 PM
    Back to you point OP, I believe it was hyped up with developers, but it's not actually a big draw for casual users. It does showcase how easy it is though to port over apps that generally work well.
    This feature was also present on the playbook.
    10-08-13 07:52 PM
    I just reread the OP. It's "impressive" that BlackBerry can be rigged to run another platform's apps and run as fast as a device that's more than two years old? Really? That's impressive? I'll repeat: give me a break.

Posted via CB10
    That's your opinion I guess...I find it impressive.

10-08-13 07:52 PM
    "Impressive" is running faster than the rest. Doing better than the rest. Doing something special. Not being able to use other platforms' pirated software as fast as an out of date device.

There are impressive things about BlackBerry 10, no doubt.

This is decidedly not one of them.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:59 PM
    They don't recommend rooting android phones or jail breaking iOS either and people still do it freely.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:06 PM
    That's your opinion I guess...I find it impressive.

Agree, impressive and useful.

Those who choose not to use it are free to bask in their moral superiority and look down on us.

Posted via CB10
    elmit22 likes this.
    10-08-13 08:06 PM
    They don't recommend rooting android phones or jail breaking iOS either and people still do it freely.
    LOL. Dave, we've been through this before.

Rooting and jailbreaking differ greatly from what even BlackBerry describes as piracy.
    10-08-13 08:28 PM
    LOL. Dave, we've been through this before.

Rooting and jailbreaking differ greatly from what even BlackBerry describes as piracy.
    You don't think iOS and Android users pirate apps? I doubt many BlackBerry users pirate payed apps

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:37 PM
    You don't think iOS and Android users pirate apps? I doubt many BlackBerry users pirate payed apps
    Of course they do. But, in the case of Android, piracy is not the main draw. You don't need to root to pirate apps. I root for a bunch of other
    benefits (like automation and custom gestures, etc).

And come on... we have seen threads here pointing to warez.
    10-08-13 08:40 PM
    "Impressive" is running faster than the rest. Doing better than the rest. Doing something special. Not being able to use other platforms' pirated software as fast as an out of date device.

There are impressive things about BlackBerry 10, no doubt.

This is decidedly not one of them.

Posted via CB10
    never pirated an Android/Blackberry app in my life and i have a few apps on my phone sideloaded or BBWorld
    10-08-13 08:54 PM
    never pirated an Android/Blackberry app in my life and i have a few apps on my phone sideloaded or BBWorld
    If you sideload a free app, you've pirated it. Ask BBRY.
    10-08-13 09:16 PM
    I once heard of a guy who took piracy so seriously he made an app walk the plank

(insert crowd groaning here)
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    10-08-13 09:39 PM
    I once heard of a guy who took piracy so seriously he made an app walk the plank

(insert crowd groaning here)
    I know I will sleep better knowing that there are people on this forum working to stamp out the huge issue of pirating free apps.

Posted via CB10
    8lackberry8 likes this.
    10-09-13 11:04 AM
    I know I will sleep better knowing that there are people on this forum working to stamp out the huge issue of pirating free apps.

Posted via CB10
    Ethical issues rarely lead to insomnia. Not even BBRY loses sleep. Why should you? LOL.
    10-09-13 11:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    I didn't realize it was our duty to care.
    Piracy has actually increased the revenue of music and movies.
    And pirates often spend the most on the consumption of media.
    Don't listen to the lobby groups that have you believe they are going broke.

There's a huge ethical difference between pirating a free app and a paid one.
    10-09-13 11:17 AM
    Ethical issues rarely lead to insomnia. Not even BBRY loses sleep. Why should you? LOL.
    Well, I'm not sure I want my ethics put in the same category as BBRY

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 11:20 AM
    I am thankful that I have option of running Android apps that are not native to the Blackberry app store when I come around to getting a Z10. I can't say the same thing about Windows Phones or even my current android device that wont run anything built for Android jellybean. Of course Blackberry doesnt condone sideloading publicly. The fact that it's doable out of the box speaks volumes. Most apps that users point out as missing on Blackberry are free apps on other platforms and if there's an option to get it onto their platform of choice and not have to rely on developers to make it happen, great because otherwise, this platform simply can not get it done for some.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-09-13 01:26 PM
65 123