This is the picture of all the apps and icons I want to delete.

The Blackberry default apps are really annoying-img_20140414_073631.png

It is absurd to me that BlackBerry actually created an additional icon for phone, camera, search, and voice control even though they can be easily accessed with existing software or hardware buttons.

Of course, then there is the help, tutorial things. Lol

I want to have only one home screen, and I can't do that because I need to have a deleted folder.

The Blackberry default apps are really annoying-img_20140414_073642.png

So please BlackBerry, let us erase these useless icons!
    04-14-14 09:44 AM
    Would be nice to be able to delete or hide those icons, especially on the Q10 where you can only have 12 icons per folder.
    04-14-14 10:04 AM
    Do you have folders on the main home screen? If so try to put deleted apps folder in another folder, never tried might work, might not. It seems like you should be able to delete them. I know on the PB you used to be able to, and maybe still can. I know cause my nephew accidentally deleted my camera app a few years ago and I had to teach myself how to sideload to restore it. back then it was trickier with less instructions. I was able to get to the camera through the help app though, so I'm ok with more than one way to do the core apps. I just move them out of my way in a folder like you labeled tools.
    04-14-14 10:12 AM
    In old BBOS I used to be able to just hide them, although not able to delete them without special procedures. Now, there is no option to even hide them. I just put them into their little folder named 'Overflow 1' (anticipating 'Overflow 2',... when more junks added). I also dislike the camera icon that is always on the right corner of the main view, as I like to accidentally 'click' on it and starts off camera while holding the phone. These are all small annoyances that I would rather do without but can live with.
    BitPusher2600 likes this.
    04-14-14 10:20 AM
    Do you have folders on the main home screen? If so try to put deleted apps folder in another folder, never tried might work, might not. It seems like you should be able to delete them. I know on the PB you used to be able to, and maybe still can. I know cause my nephew accidentally deleted my camera app a few years ago and I had to teach myself how to sideload to restore it. back then it was trickier with less instructions. I was able to get to the camera through the help app though, so I'm ok with more than one way to do the core apps. I just move them out of my way in a folder like you labeled tools.
    Yup tried and it does not work. You cannot put any folder into another folder. And these are not actually deletable as you cannot find the hovering trashcan when you click down on it.
    04-14-14 10:21 AM
    The ability to nest folders within folders would be a godsend in BB10 but unfortunately it's not supported yet. I have 2 full "Unused" folders of apps I don't need and am about to start a 3rd...

Yup tried and it does not work. You cannot put any folder into another folder. And these are not actually deletable as you cannot find the hovering trashcan when you click down on it.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, OS 10.2.1.2234
    04-14-14 10:27 AM
    May I know what app do you use to replace those ?
    1. Phone
    2. Camera
    3. BBM
    4. Clock (alarm, timer)

Thanks.
    04-14-14 10:32 AM
    May I know what app do you use to replace those ?
    1. Phone
    2. Camera
    3. BBM
    4. Clock (alarm, timer)

Thanks.
    For those, I do not need the seperate icons, as I can easily access phone and camera through their own button.
    BBM I can live without.

And clock can be accessed from the quick setting tab.

So no, I do not want to completely delete those apps completely, but I still want to get rid of the icons shortcuts.
    04-14-14 10:51 AM
    In old BBOS I used to be able to just hide them, although not able to delete them without special procedures. Now, there is no option to even hide them. I just put them into their little folder named 'Overflow 1' (anticipating 'Overflow 2',... when more junks added). I also dislike the camera icon that is always on the right corner of the main view, as I like to accidentally 'click' on it and starts off camera while holding the phone. These are all small annoyances that I would rather do without but can live with.
    Same here.
    I just stick them all in folders on the screen furthest to the right. Meh.
    04-14-14 02:50 PM