BlackBerry is committed to blackberry 10 and continue to invest on it.
    Article: After being dumped by WhatsApp, Blackberry exploring ways of making BBM more attractive - The Economic Times

BlackBerry z3 10.3.2.2876
    gugomat and FahedAlDerbi like this.
    03-05-16 06:10 AM
    Sure they are.

*C5303
    03-05-16 06:17 AM
    These guys tend to talk thru both sides of their mouths.. while they may continue to enhance BBM I think by 2017 we will see the end of full out support for BB10.
    03-05-16 06:20 AM
    These guys tend to talk thru both sides of their mouths.. while they may continue to enhance BBM I think by 2017 we will see the end of full out support for BB10.
    Although I'm not sure why people think there is deception going on.

BlackBerry has been crystal clear - no new devices, but continued maintenance and security update support, for 2016. Beyond that, business situation will dictate future.

What more can they possibly say?
    Last edited by conite; 03-05-16 at 08:58 AM.
    03-05-16 06:27 AM
    Article: After being dumped by WhatsApp, Blackberry exploring ways of making BBM more attractive - The Economic Times

Just wondering, if whatsapp is not supporting BlackBerry, then why is their app in the Betazone for testing? It looks like it was loaded there feb29.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 07:42 AM
    Just wondering, if whatsapp is not supporting BlackBerry, then why is their app in the Betazone for testing? It looks like it was loaded there feb29.

Posted via CB10
    Continued support for the balance of the year.

"...So, by the end of 2016, we will be ending support for WhatsApp Messenger on the following mobile platforms:
    BlackBerry, including BlackBerry 10..."
    03-05-16 08:36 AM

BlackBerry has been crystal clear - no new devices, but continued maintenance and security update support for 2016. Beyond that, business situation will dictate future.

Have they actually come out and said categorically that there will be no more BB10 devices?
    03-05-16 08:38 AM
    Have they actually come out and said categorically that there will be no more BB10 devices?
    "...for 2016".
    03-05-16 08:57 AM

BlackBerry has been crystal clear - no new devices, but continued maintenance and security update support for 2016. Beyond that, business situation will dictate future.

Right. But in order to improve the business situation, they should also try to have an impact on it with marketing.....

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 08:58 AM
    The PR department turned a question about WhatsApp into a pitch for BBM. Nice.

The problem with that, of course, is that the person you are trying to communicate with has to establish a BBM account. THEIR own contacts are still going to be using WhatsApp. It's like the anti-Hub for people you are trying to message with - other people get their messaging split up because of your smartphone preference. There's no displacing a messaging app that has a billion users and is backed by the biggest social networking company.

The line about developing markets alludes to the fact that doing business in these countries is going to be difficult without convenient messaging among lots of employees. How's that for productivity?
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-05-16 09:04 AM
    Right. But in order to improve the business situation, they should also try to have an impact on it with marketing.....

Posted via CB10
    In 2016/2017, how do you market a device with almost no ecosystem, running an OS from 2014, running SoCs from 2012(Classic)/2014(Passport), and running an Android Runtime from 2013 with no access to Google Play Services?

Tough gig.
    03-05-16 09:08 AM
    You are 100% right....Then maybe the question would be: ist there a strategy or intention on BlackBerry to improve and invest on the development of OS10 apart the security certifications in order to improve the market quota? If yes, bcs they may have the resources, then a bit of marketing should be a good move....but if they do not give so much a s... then well.....everybody will be saying:"bye bye and thank you"!! Lol!

I understand that keeping alive a OS10 that although fantastic it is not selling so much means loosing money, but I am sure, if they want, they can do something or trying to do something in order to improve the situation.... Anyway, I will be keeping to enjoying my BlackBerry as much as I can. They work well for me and satisfy my daily communications needs.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 07:49 PM
    You are 100% right....Then maybe the question would be: ist there a strategy or intention on BlackBerry to improve and invest on the development of OS10 apart the security certifications in order to improve the market quota? If yes, bcs they may have the resources, then a bit of marketing should be a good move....but if they do not give so much a s... then well.....everybody will be saying:"bye bye and thank you"!! Lol!

I understand that keeping alive a OS10 that although fantastic it is not selling so much means loosing money, but I am sure, if they want, they can do something or trying to do something in order to improve the situation.... Anyway, I will be keeping to enjoying my BlackBerry as much as I can. They work well for me and satisfy my daily communications needs.

Posted via CB10
    no no and no. bb10 is peaked and sledding down that slope on the other side. Dont expect anything other than keeping the OS from being unsecured or huge bug fixes that might occur when they break stuff. There is no marketing, no resources to improve on a less than 1% market share.
    03-05-16 08:01 PM
    no no and no. bb10 is peaked and sledding down that slope on the other side. Dont expect anything other than keeping the OS from being unsecured or huge bug fixes that might occur when they break stuff. There is no marketing, no resources to improve on a less than 1% market share.
    My friend, I am not expecting anything.... there is a big....other than keep on enjoying my BBs as much as I can!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 08:17 PM
    BlackBerry has been crystal clear - no new devices, but continued maintenance and security update support, for 2016. Beyond that, business situation will dictate future.
    Nice way of putting it.
    The fact is BB10 is over with. They simply will do what they must to maintain the small sector of business they need to keep happy. Good thing some of us know how to swim..
    03-05-16 08:24 PM
    Sure!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 11:30 AM
    Minimal support. There will be no more development. They laid off most of those people.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 07:03 PM

Funny thing is that if Whatsapp is popular in emerging markets where lower end smartphones are sold running older versions of android and windows with a large percent of BlackBerry's, how is this move supposed to help their business model. They are going to be running on less phones and tracking less info. Seems like a peculiar move to me. Not sure what their end game or game plan is.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 05:09 AM
    Funny thing is that if Whatsapp is popular in emerging markets where lower end smartphones are sold running older versions of android and windows with a large percent of BlackBerry's, how is this move supposed to help their business model. They are going to be running on less phones and tracking less info. Seems like a peculiar move to me. Not sure what their end game or game plan is.

Posted via CB10
    It's clear that Whatsapp has better metric than we do and they considered the BB share was too small. Also for Android, (almost) nobody still uses 2.1 or 2.2. Hell, even 2.3 is starting to die: Dashboards | Android Developers
    03-07-16 05:58 AM
    Bbm pay!

Z10
    03-07-16 06:17 AM