Explain how to add vibrate as an option to the Q shortcut and make sure it works on your phone first...

I would like it to alternate between vibrate and normal. We could do that with BBOS and should be able to do it now...
    He's talking about the Quick Settings in the drop down menu, not the keyboard shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 04:58 AM
    You can switch your phone profile by long pressing on the Q key.
    Right, it goes between normal and silent. Who uses silent and why can't we make vibrate an option??? We could with BBOS...
    You can add vibrate too... again people just dont know how to use the OS and this is a perfect example. Complaining about features that are already there.
    Explain how to add vibrate as an option to the Q shortcut and make sure it works on your phone first...

I would like it to alternate between vibrate and normal. We could do that with BBOS and should be able to do it now...
    He's talking about the Quick Settings in the drop down menu, not the keyboard shortcuts.
    But that's not what we were talking about when he accused me of;

You can add vibrate too... again people just dont know how to use the OS and this is a perfect example. Complaining about features that are already there.
    The feature he said is, "already there", isn't there but it should be there because it was there in BBOS... I think someone owes me an apology...
    05-12-15 09:55 AM
    I think someone owes me an apology...
    You will not get an apology on this site. And you will get lambasted for suggesting BB10 is not perfect, or at least on the way to being perfect. You will be accused of being an old timer, stuck in your ways, unwilling to adapt, and in general of low intellectual capacity. Some will even resort to attacking your personality, your preferences, your tastes, etc. The bottom line is that for some reason most people on this site will not acknowledge that BBOS (or other competing systems) did many things (maybe even most things) better than BB10. In my mind the proof that BBOS did things better is the simple fact that the vast vast vast majority of dedicated BBOS users chose to leave Blackberry for competing brands rather than upgrade to BB10. And to me, the saddest thing is that the fix is so completely easy - each and every feature the OP suggested, and each and every other missing feature mentioned in this thread could be added to BB10 without breaking a sweat. And even better, could be offered as a user selected option. So easy. But nobody at Blackberry is really paying any attention to user feedback. So, join the rest of the community in chanting the Crackberry mantra - everything is awesome! And it just keeps getting better and better!
    05-12-15 10:27 AM
    It's kind of funny that many of the things you mentioned were part of legacy blackberry. Many of us long time blackberry users complain about how BlackBerry totally missed the boat with OS10 because they stripped so many things away that made BlackBerry what it was.
    I am new to Blackberry, but that sounds alarmingly like the history of Palm. They had huge market share, but when they abandoned the thing that made them beloved-- their clean, simple, efficient and superbly functional OS-- they went over a cliff and disappeared from sight. I truly hope BB doesn't suffer the same fate, because there is a lot to like about it. Certainly they have to keep modernizing the system, but not at the expense of their core strengths.
    kirson, AdotK and donemt like this.
    05-12-15 10:33 AM
    I too had a Palm Treo 650 and before that a Palm Treo 600. Loved them both... But the Classic is better as well as the Q10 and Q5 for that matter, the Passport is in its own class.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-15 10:43 AM
    I am new to Blackberry, but that sounds alarmingly like the history of Palm. They had huge market share, but when they abandoned the thing that made them beloved-- their clean, simple, efficient and superbly functional OS-- they went over a cliff and disappeared from sight. I truly hope BB doesn't suffer the same fate, because there is a lot to like about it. Certainly they have to keep modernizing the system, but not at the expense of their core strengths.
    Same reason I got a Q10 after trying to like N900 after my Treo 680 started having problems. Trust me, you're seeing a way better BlackBerry with the classic. I'm glad BlackBerry brought back the toolbelt and what they've done with 10.3.1. There is hope. I couldn't say this a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    Soapm likes this.
    05-12-15 10:45 AM
    You will not get an apology on this site. And you will get lambasted for suggesting BB10 is not perfect, or at least on the way to being perfect. You will be accused of being an old timer, stuck in your ways, unwilling to adapt, and in general of low intellectual capacity. Some will even resort to attacking your personality, your preferences, your tastes, etc. The bottom line is that for some reason most people on this site will not acknowledge that BBOS (or other competing systems) did many things (maybe even most things) better than BB10.
    And this is the sad part, I'm in no way anti-BB. I've been using BB since the two-way pager days and plan to stay. But I would like to see the new system made better or at least be on equal footing with BBOS. Is it too much to ask that we don't go backwards... Now in all fairness, there are some things I like better in BB10 but there are also things we had in BBOS that are clearly missing like being able to use the keyboard shortcut to go from vibrate to normal (or whatever profiles you choose just by having it mimic the quick settings...)

In my mind the proof that BBOS did things better is the simple fact that the vast vast vast majority of dedicated BBOS users chose to leave Blackberry for competing brands rather than upgrade to BB10.
    Or that so many stay with their tried and true BBOS device. No better testament to what a solid performer BBOS is...

And to me, the saddest thing is that the fix is so completely easy - each and every feature the OP suggested, and each and every other missing feature mentioned in this thread could be added to BB10 without breaking a sweat. And even better, could be offered as a user selected option. So easy. But nobody at Blackberry is really paying any attention to user feedback.
    Because as you state, the ones who do get a mic into BB, the beta testers, aren't all relaying the concerns to the developers so that as you said, "every other missing feature mentioned in this thread could be added to BB10 without breaking a sweat." If we could have one true and honest thread where we could list all the deficiencies into a single sentence, the beta testers could sing the song in unison and we'd begin to see progress toward getting BB10 first, equal to BBOS, then we can focus on taking BB10 to the next level and put BB back on top as THE premier device to have... But we need enough beta testers to get on the same page so our voice hits the radar at BB...

So, join the rest of the community in chanting the Crackberry mantra - everything is awesome! And it just keeps getting better and better!
    This is the problem not the solution, as long as we all sing, "everything is awesome!", the developers at BB stay gathered around the coffee pot in the break room, patting themselves on the back for a job well done... But you know that ROFL...
    kirson and br14nh like this.
    05-12-15 10:57 AM
    I was once one of those Palm support guys who visited the stores (at that time I scoffed at BlackBerry for not having a touchscreen) . So I also miss the simplicity and efficiency of those old devices (and still have 2 or 3 in a drawer). Nearly all of your comments I can attest to. I really miss just typing the time for a calendar entry and it would create it for me.
    I'm going to support a Canadian company, but BlackBerry has missed the mark on so many things it's puzzling. And now I read that they've stuck Android over top of their nifty OS? Crikey...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 12:01 PM
    Agree with everything you said. And could add a few.
    Thought I was the only person in the world with such affection for the Palm.
    I wore out 4 Treo's over 8 years including my last 700wx that I used until purchasing the Classic in April.
    Great form and function.
    Kept waiting for someone to come up with something similar.
    Finally settled for the Classic.
    06-10-15 06:02 PM
    This thread makes me want to cry.

If only BB would take the best features of Palm and OS7 and throw them into the Classic. <sigh>

Classic does do many nice things but it also lost many nice, efficient features of old at the same time.

Sluggish as this Classic OS currently is, adding more too it just doesn't seem feasible.

I tire of waiting for animations and apps to open up.
    I tire of clunky touch screen designed apps on my trackpad phone.

Classic is prime product example of jack of all trades master of none.
    06-11-15 12:30 PM
35 12