I'm trying to upload pictures on my old Blackberry Classic. My password for link has been tried five times. The password for the Cellphone has been tried 9 times. I don't remember my password.

Is there a way to reset without losing pictures that are of sentimental value?
    11-11-19 02:56 PM
    are they not on the SD card or backed up at all?
    11-11-19 02:57 PM
    When I select use as a mass storage device I am able to upload about 800 pictures. However, when I try to open them I can't they are corrupt.
    11-12-19 07:21 PM
    When I select use as a mass storage device I am able to upload about 800 pictures. However, when I try to open them I can't they are corrupt.
    Hey cdn,

Did you encrypt your SD card?
    11-12-19 07:36 PM
    I used to be able to access my pictures as a mass storage device. However, now when I connect via usb key to my laptop the computer will make a sound and the blackberry will indicate connected to the computer but it doesn't appear as a mass storage. Both blackberry link and blend are not connecting either. I'm down to 9 attempts for my password and trying to save pictures of sentimental value. Would be very grateful for any help.
    07-05-20 06:32 PM
    I used to be able to access my pictures as a mass storage device. However, now when I connect via usb key to my laptop the computer will make a sound and the blackberry will indicate connected to the computer but it doesn't appear as a mass storage. Both blackberry link and blend are not connecting either. I'm down to 9 attempts for my password and trying to save pictures of sentimental value. Would be very grateful for any help.
    Try enabling SMB v1, but disable when done due to security concerns.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-20 06:40 PM
    Disabled SMB V1 but did not appear on my computer nor did it appear on Blend or Link.
    07-05-20 08:04 PM
    Disabled SMB V1 but did not appear on my computer nor did it appear on Blend or Link.
    You have to ENABLE SMB v1.
    07-05-20 08:07 PM
    yes enabling it didnt work
    07-05-20 08:17 PM
    Doesn't his phone have to be unlocked for mass storage to work..... if he is down to his last attempt to unlock, USB isn't a solution.

MAKE sure it's not asking for you to type "BlackBerry", and then your password.

If you can't get it to unlock, and the photos aren't stored in an open format on your SD Card.... you have learned a hard lesson about data backup.
    cdnpatriot likes this.
    07-06-20 01:58 PM
    Contact BlackBerry Limkted and pay $35 for the incidental premium support. They are extremely helpful.
    cdnpatriot likes this.
    07-06-20 03:58 PM
    I did upload the pictures and videos onto an SD card but the files can't be opened. I tried all sorts of software suggested for corrupt files and it doesn't work. So I'm thinking that its encrypted.
    Question: If I enter the wrong password again and lose all my data can the files on the SD card encrypted before the phone is wiped be accessed?
    07-09-20 10:50 AM
    nope, all that data is gone forever. If you encrypt the SD card only that device can access that data
    07-09-20 10:54 AM
    Even if using the same phone, I enter the wrong password the phone wipes itself and then use the same phone once accessed to access the SD card?
    07-11-20 07:30 PM
    Even if using the same phone, I enter the wrong password the phone wipes itself and then use the same phone once accessed to access the SD card?
    Doesn't matter. The decryption key is erased with a wipe.
    07-11-20 07:31 PM