I just got a good loocking Blackberry Classic incl. original package etc. but unfortunately it's locked down by BlackBerry protect.

I already wrote a message to the previous owner to unlock it via https://protect.blackberry.com/protect/managedevices

That should work, right?
    11-02-17 07:51 AM
    I just got a good loocking Blackberry Classic incl. original package etc. but unfortunately it's locked down by BlackBerry protect.

I already wrote a message to the previous owner to unlock it via https://protect.blackberry.com/protect/managedevices

That should work, right?
    I have one as a back up and ill sell it to ya if that option dont work for ya
    11-02-17 08:46 AM
    It's really weird. I contacted the seller and he told me he didn't know that he had to unlock the phone. He than deleted the phone from Blackberry protect via the link above. But still I can not log in with my own ID. It's still locked down. How is this possible? Do I have to wait some time before it's "free" again?

I mean it does connect to the internet via wifi, so it should somehow be possible to know that it just got "unprotected" but it seems to only want the original ID.
    11-02-17 01:03 PM
    It's really weird. I contacted the seller and he told me he didn't know that he had to unlock the phone. He than deleted the phone from Blackberry protect via the link above. But still I can not log in with my own ID. It's still locked down. How is this possible? Do I have to wait some time before it's "free" again?

I mean it does connect to the internet via wifi, so it should somehow be possible to know that it just got "unprotected" but it seems to only want the original ID.
    If the seller is working with you, and it hasn't worked to unlock it remotely, maybe he can give you his old password to unlock it? I mean, you probably didn't go through the trouble of buying a used device from him which you had no idea would be locked, only to get access to his BBID... he should be able to trust you with that, one would hope!
    11-02-17 01:20 PM
    Yeah, you need his password.
    11-02-17 01:31 PM