Can someone assist me with my Blackberry Classic, the mobile device works well enough except the browser. The "Browser" will not update??

My carrier is AT&T and the Blackberry Classic is 3 years old.

Any assistance would be appreciated greatly.

Thank you,

Stephen
    03-23-19 10:15 AM
    The "Browser" will not update??
    There are no updates for the browser other than small updates through the OS. What OS do you have in your Classic? The latest is 10.3.3.3216. If you have that OS then nothing else can be done. Even with the latest OS, the BB10 browser is getting pretty old in the tooth and losing a fair bit of functionality/speed. You may need to download and install an android browser such as Kiwi or BEOL to supplement your web browsing as they will load and display mobile web sites somewhat better than the native browser.
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-23-19 02:33 PM
    Can someone assist me with my Blackberry Classic, the mobile device works well enough except the browser. The "Browser" will not update??

My carrier is AT&T and the Blackberry Classic is 3 years old.

Any assistance would be appreciated greatly.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Unfortunately, even the carrier locked AT&T Classic which should be the best supported on AT&T can’t beat Father Time regarding mobile browsers. The suggestions given above plus in other threads can help sometimes. If not enough, then next best option if you like PKB is the AT&T KEYone
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-23-19 03:52 PM
    Hi Brookie229,

I have the latest OS upgrade as you mentioned. I will try and use Kiwi as the browser and maybe that will help. I think you are correct on the BB browser with being slow and not functioning as it used too.

Thank you for commenting,

Stephen
    03-24-19 07:53 AM
    Hi Chuck,

The truth is sad but is realistic in reference to my problem. I have been thinking that possibly I should upgrade to either Keyone or KEYtwo. Any thoughts on either one of these mobile devices?

I have been carring a blackberry since 2002 and really do not want to leave them.

Thank you,

Stephen
    03-24-19 08:05 AM
    Hi Chuck,

The truth is sad but is realistic in reference to my problem. I have been thinking that possibly I should upgrade to either Keyone or KEYtwo. Any thoughts on either one of these mobile devices?

I have been carring a blackberry since 2002 and really do not want to leave them.

Thank you,

Stephen
    I’m similarly to you in having used BB since around Y2K or shortly thereafter. My relationship with BB has never been mobile OS exclusive although sometimes I’ve dual carried two BB devices.

I own the 3/32 Carrier Locked AT&T KEYone, just bought the 4/64 Factory Unlocked BE KEYone and still may purchase the Key2 and Key2 LE in the future. Understand, I’m very practical when buying BB or BBMo devices since they’ve never been considered premium hardware.

I also dual carry iPhones recently for enhanced calling features like WFC and VoLTE plus mobile hotspot capabilities. Which device to buy will depend on many factors starting at where are you located and who’s your carrier?
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 03-24-19 at 10:03 PM.
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-24-19 08:10 PM
    Hi Chuck,

I live in Massachusetts and my carrier is AT & T and have been though many Blackberry's through the years. I am open to any advise on upgrading to a newer mobile device.

Thank you,

Stephen
    03-25-19 06:16 AM
    Hi Chuck,

I live in Massachusetts and my carrier is AT & T and have been though many Blackberry's through the years. I am open to any advise on upgrading to a newer mobile device.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Depending on coverage, my two choices would be the AT&T KEYone for the VoLTE feature or Key2 and Key2 LE, depending on preference of capacitive PKB or not, and if you can live without VoLTE in your area.
    03-25-19 04:38 PM
    Hi Chuck,

Thank you,

Stephen
    Hello Stephen,

You might also try the BEOL Browser. While an Android app technically, it is designed to work specifically with Blackberry 10.

The KEY devices are an option if you don't mind Android and having a device not actually made by Blackberry Limited, but there are many folks who find them inefficient at best, particularly as it relates to the Android implementation of the Hub.

Are you having any issues with your Classic other than the browser?
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-25-19 08:10 PM
    Thank you, everyone!

The BB browser is not working well at all and seems that this will not change. I am now looking to possibly upgrade to the BB Key1 or Key2 for better performance.

Please send me your thoughts....

Stephen
    Massachusetts
    03-26-19 08:45 AM
    Hi,

I am not having any other issues with the Blackberry Classic. The browser is the only issue to speak of.

Stephen
    03-26-19 08:48 AM
    Hi,

I am going to try your advice with BEOL Browser....

Thank you,

Stephen
    03-26-19 08:56 AM
    Hi,

Thank you,

Stephen
    You're quite welcome Stephen! I think you'll find BEOL to solve many if not all of your browser problems. If so, please keep rocking that Classic as long as you want!
    03-26-19 02:46 PM
    Hi,

Thank you,

Stephen
    Hi Stephenabm,

You may also give a try with Firefox 65.1 APK. It should be pretty good also.
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-27-19 05:43 AM
    Thank you for assisting me with this issue. I am though leaning toward upgrading to a Key2 and reviewing the tech evaluations on it.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-27-19 07:04 AM
    Depending on coverage, my two choices would be the AT&T KEYone for the VoLTE feature or Key2 and Key2 LE, depending on preference of capacitive PKB or not, and if you can live without VoLTE in your area.
    Additional fact..... My Factory Unlocked 4/64 Black Edition has VoLTE support on AT&T for now. I got a new SIM for my old AT&T KEYone, told rep that I damaged old SIM and it's activated under old the device. I placed directly into new device after leaving store. It's possible that AT&T may just not support WFC on any KEYone period.

I really like the Key2 and the Key2 LE but the new BE KEYone was a cheaper option for testing signal coverage purposes.
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-27-19 12:43 PM
    Thank you, everyone!

The BB browser is not working well at all and seems that this will not change. I am now looking to possibly upgrade to the BB Key1 or Key2 for better performance.

Please send me your thoughts....

Stephen
    Massachusetts
    On the contrary, I think`this` would be the only way to change. An older but effective pattern with arguments applied. I stopped trying to change the epoch a few weeks ago due to an injury.

https://howlerjs.com/

https://localforage.github.io/localForage/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 04-26-19 at 10:53 PM.
    04-17-19 09:41 PM