From what I understand there is not an automatic DND built-in to 10.3, but there are some apps that will do it. Can someone recommend one? Don't even mind paying. I charge my phone every other day and the days I don't charge it I sometimes forget to put it on night mode....and it buzzes and irritates the wife!

Would love something that handles night mode automatically and goes back to normal in the morning.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    01-02-15 07:50 PM
    Check out Profile Changer Pro, or Power Tools in AppWorld

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37800891

Power Tools - BlackBerry World
    01-02-15 08:54 PM
    From what I understand there is not an automatic DND built-in to 10.3, but there are some apps that will do it. Can someone recommend one? Don't even mind paying. I charge my phone every other day and the days I don't charge it I sometimes forget to put it on night mode....and it buzzes and irritates the wife!

Would love something that handles night mode automatically and goes back to normal in the morning.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    right like we had before the auto on/off...would be nice to have that back
    01-02-15 11:10 PM
    Make a calendar event, recurring daily, for "bed" or something like that. Then turn on meeting mode in the native calendar app and select the silent profile to activate during meeting mode. It'll silence whenever there's a calendar event and return to normal after the event.

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 and VeryBumpy like this.
    01-02-15 11:29 PM
    Make a calendar event, recurring daily, for "bed" or something like that. Then turn on meeting mode in the native calendar app and select the silent profile to activate during meeting mode. It'll silence whenever there's a calendar event.

Posted via CB10
    good idea for now...on/off would be useful on saving battery power
    01-02-15 11:30 PM
    Check also the settings in the clock app too see what you can change for the notification settings. On 10.3.1 you can set a silent profile whenever you engage bedside mode.

Blackberry Classic - Auto do not disturb during certain hours?-img_20150103_190423.png

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 06:05 PM
    good idea for now...on/off would be useful on saving battery power
    You can set bedside mode to activate airplane mode, effectively reducing batter consumption to near zero
    01-03-15 06:30 PM
    You can set bedside mode to activate airplane mode, effectively reducing batter consumption to near zero
    yeah but the guy says he forget sometimes...if it was automatic it would be great. no need to think about it just like the old system
    01-03-15 06:42 PM
    Ah yes that would be useful I imagine. Didn't think of it that way as I personally never go to bed at the same time every day so it would be less than useful
    01-03-15 07:22 PM
    Ah yes that would be useful I imagine. Didn't think of it that way as I personally never go to bed at the same time every day so it would be less than useful
    my phone woke at 7 am and off at 10 pm that was a good day..every one different
    01-03-15 07:38 PM
    Amazing that they didnt include an auto do not disturb function with white list call through like every other os does now.
    01-03-15 10:07 PM
    I thought for sure this would be standard. Nice to silence notifications during specific hours, yet allow calls from certain contacts.
    01-05-15 10:36 PM
    Agree. iPhone DND was great, for Android just downloaded an app to do this, but its too complicated on bb. It should be a lot easier. Dedicated profile that activates automatically at certain hours and allows calls from favorite contacts.
    01-16-15 07:53 AM
    Amazing that they didn't include an auto do not disturb function with white list call through like every other os does now.
    Alternatively, BB does things other phones can't.

Perhaps in the next update.

An OS can get so overburdened with features it performs poorly, maybe BB is cutting features on purpose.
    01-16-15 09:55 AM
    Alternatively, BB does things other phones can't.

Perhaps in the next update.

An OS can get so overburdened with features it performs poorly, maybe BB is cutting features on purpose.
    Yeah - like waking you up in the middle of the night with a notification because you forgot to mute the phone.

Another feature of BlackBerry is that if you do mute the phone at night, you cant set up a white list of numbers that can still get through.

Brilliant.

Windows phone os has it baked in
    Android os now has it baked in
    Apple ios has it baked in

Blackberry doesnt.
    01-16-15 10:45 PM
    ...if you do mute the phone at night, you cant set up a white list of numbers that can still get through.
    With 10.3.1 you can! Not a "whitelist" - but still....
    You can create a custom profile with no sounds, - and add Contact specific notifications for calls, emails etc.. and simply choose that profile whenever you need silence,..except from your specially added contacts..

-or instead of creating a new profile, you can simply modify the bedside mode profile,... so whenever you activate Bedside mode, you have all the alerts you want, and silence the rest.

From what we have read from BlackBerry, 10.3.1 should be out for all around February - or whenever your carrier chooses to push it after that... (the Classic ships with 10.3.1)
    01-16-15 11:47 PM