Press on, BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:53 PM
    Many of us got blackberry for the wrong reason. Up till now must of us dont know what blackberry is about

Posted via CB10

No time like the present to research and find out.
    My more loyal than a dog Z10/ os 10.2.0.228/ RV.340/ PIN 24EC9E4C (~_*)
    06-29-13 10:53 PM
    The entire QNX platform isn't even ready, even after 3 years of being released. It SHOULD be ready by 10.2, if not then, BlackBerry 11 or 10.3. PlayBook OS was laggy, and I'm surprised they even got PIM within a year of it being launched.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    06-29-13 10:56 PM
    If they release head of schedule COMPLETE Then maybe we could atleast see that they are doing something about it.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:04 PM
    I think they should bring BIS to bb10 or even provide choices whether to use it or to use regular plan...BIS is truly Unlimited in my country

Posted via Z10 (STL100-1) OS 10.1.0.2354
    06-29-13 11:50 PM
    Actually, the target should be back to school sales in August /September. Anything later than that they lose all momentum. They need to be fresh and have constant updates. Not waiting 6 months between releases that have minor feature updates.

Posted via CB10
    Targeting students in the US is a losing tactic. BlackBerry's target as they've stated is the enterprise.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-29-13 11:51 PM
    I'm in on the marketing too, it's so imperative in this day and age and would have done wonders for sale.
    You can get people to buy pretty much anything if you advertise right.
    And even the little gimmicky features we do have aren't marketed at all and these are apps and features built into the OS which no one but BB10 users know about.
    Can you say timeshift camera or STORY MAKER?
    I mean for goodness sake storymaker is BRILLIANT, it works beautifully, I love showing it to iPhone users who instantly jump to the iStore to try find it.
    Where is a tv advert that uses timeshift and storymaker? Heck make it a single advert showcasing them bother together. It's the kind if gimmick people are looking for when choosing devices, so just let the freaking people know it's there.
    We know all these features that other OS'S have because they waste no time telling the entire world "Hey you look what we have", BlackBerry need to capitalise on what they have, I know this is not news, so I can't understand why not rectify this still

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Korepab and Pulkit Kamal like this.
    06-30-13 12:07 AM
    To the OP, the ship has sailed.... OS 10 was to be "it"... the entire Blackberry experience relies on 10.2? Really? I love delusional thinking. Sorry, the fixes are not going to be there to right the ship. The OS is cute but the BB experience is gone. Reliability, ease of use - all toast. I think a previous poster put it right, maybe in 11.0 they might have a case however 10.x is f'd. Their one chance to update the OS they lost all that represented Blackberry. PIM reliability went out the window with linking contacts, active sync, and NO BES 10.X except beta. What a load of crap.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    06-30-13 12:07 AM
    Kris simundson @ are u using 10.2 on yr blackberry 10 device? Does it run smoothly?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:15 AM
    To the OP, the ship has sailed.... OS 10 was to be "it"... the entire Blackberry experience relies on 10.2? Really? I love delusional thinking. Sorry, the fixes are not going to be there to right the ship. The OS is cute but the BB experience is gone. Reliability, ease of use - all toast. I think a previous poster put it right, maybe in 11.0 they might have a case however 10.x is f'd. Their one chance to update the OS they lost all that represented Blackberry. PIM reliability went out the window with linking contacts, active sync, and NO BES 10.X except beta. What a load of crap.
    This.

I have not been able to sync my BB to my laptop for 3 months since I went through and manually deleted over 12,000 duplicated contacts and 2,500 duplicated calendar entries.

For a " business" device it is pretty sad that I no longer trust it to be involved in managing my business.

I would not recommend the product to anyone with a choice.
    zipped likes this.
    06-30-13 12:19 AM
    Is this for real? Just how much buzz can an OS update really generate? OS updates are inside baseball. The only ones that care about them are those who already own the device. The ones that really care about them are those that are so annoyed with their existing OS version that they're desperate for the update.

Do you honestly see the mainstream, non-tech media writing about BB10.2? No amount of bluster from BBRY can make that happen. I can see the press release now..."we f'd up BB10 so badly we needed to fix all sorts of misses with 10.2".

Plus, at the current rate of update roll-outs, who knows when carriers will even release BB10.2! It appears as though BBRY has zero control over how and when carriers release updates (which is completely insane).

Also, let's not forget the persistent rumors about Apple releasing a lower priced iPhone as well as the release of iOS7 this fall and the expected new Samsung Galaxy Note release also scheduled for the fall. If you think a BB10 OS update can even generate nearly the same level of buzz that Apple and Samsung will surely be generating with their rumored/planned new product launches then you're really in for a rude shock.
    sonic_reducer and artttom like this.
    06-30-13 12:35 AM
    Is this for real? Just how much buzz can an OS update really generate? OS updates are inside baseball. The only ones that care about them are those who already own the device. The ones that really care about them are those that are so annoyed with their existing OS version that they're desperate for the update.

Do you honestly see the mainstream, non-tech media writing about BB10.2? No amount of bluster from BBRY can make that happen. I can see the press release now..."we f'd up BB10 so badly we needed to fix all sorts of misses with 10.2".

Plus, at the current rate of update roll-outs, who knows when carriers will even release BB10.2! It appears as though BBRY has zero control over how and when carriers release updates (which is completely insane).

Also, let's not forget the persistent rumors about Apple releasing a lower priced iPhone as well as the release of iOS7 this fall and the expected new Samsung Galaxy Note release also scheduled for the fall. If you think a BB10 OS update can even generate nearly the same level of buzz that Apple and Samsung will surely be generating with their rumored/planned new product launches then you're really in for a rude shock.
    I think so called Blogs (verge, engadget) who are clearly under android or Samsung paycheck are the ones to blame for companies demise like BBRY or Nokia.

BBRY launches the Q10 and they moan and ***** about it saying the OS is half baked. Samsung launches a huge camera with a piece of **** sticked to it and immediately is breaking news.

BB10 to me is way much better than Android.. Android users wish their phone was this solid. Half baked my ***.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:58 AM
    A year ago, it was "just wait till OS10". Three months ago, it was "just wait till OS10.1". And now, it's "just wait till OS 10.2".

If I didn't know better, I'd say that we are all witnessing a remake of the PlayBook Saga; a saga marked by "just wait until (insert time frame that never actually arrives)", and a saga that ultimately ended in utter failure.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but BlackBerry had their chance to renew their image with the launch of BB10. It failed. An upgrade to 10.2 will not reverse that. Except perhaps to keep current BlackBerry users happy and encourage those who haven't switched to the new OS to do so - then again we are getting a new Old OS phone (rolls eyes).

But attract new users by the masses? I doubt that will ever happen.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 01:20 AM
    The reality is that BB10 is what it is. BlackBerry has a road map for adding API features and there will be feature changes, additions and bug fixes. One of these might be seen as a new astonishing must have, but that is unlikely. One thing that is common between the old RIM and the new BlackBerry is that neither is disposed to introducing whizz bangs just to obsolete their old devices.

If BB10 is as horrible an experience as you all seem to think it is, why on earth are you still using it? I use it, and develop for it because it is the best platform for my mobile needs and the development I want to do. If you can't say the same you really should pick a different platform. If you can say the same, maybe you should step back from the hyperbole and second guessing. Either BlackBerry has built an awesome tool that makes your life easier and you should use it while they continue to improve, or they haven't and you should keep moving until you find someone who has.

Posted via CB10
    Korepab and momark like this.
    06-30-13 08:41 AM
    I hate to say it, but BB 10.0 was not ready at launch. If 10.2 comes out before Christmas in the US, I feel BlackBerry will have a fighting chance.

Posted via CB10
    If "before Christmas" means July or August, great.
    If it's December, then it's gonna be too late.
    06-30-13 03:39 PM
    Everybody has to calm down...they built 10 from the ground up, of course its going to have a few hiccups in the beginning. once they get all the feedback from people, positive and negative, they will make the right changes in their next update(s)
    That is why Thor delayed the bb10 launch an additional 3 months! No more excuses action now.
    Last edited by sparkaction; 07-01-13 at 02:06 AM.
    06-30-13 03:46 PM
    A year ago, it was "just wait till OS10". Three months ago, it was "just wait till OS10.1". And now, it's "just wait till OS 10.2".

If I didn't know better, I'd say that we are all witnessing a remake of the PlayBook Saga; a saga marked by "just wait until (insert time frame that never actually arrives)", and a saga that ultimately ended in utter failure.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but BlackBerry had their chance to renew their image with the launch of BB10. It failed. An upgrade to 10.2 will not reverse that. Except perhaps to keep current BlackBerry users happy and encourage those who haven't switched to the new OS to do so - then again we are getting a new Old OS phone (rolls eyes).

But attract new users by the masses? I doubt that will ever happen.

Posted via CB10
    This isn't the PlayBook Saga repeated, not by a long shot. BlackBerry isn't out of the woods but BB10 has had far more positive reception in the media and more sales than the PlayBook. No question about it. That doesn't mean BB10 has been an overwhelming success thus far, but it's not a fair comparison, imo.
    06-30-13 04:19 PM
    I'm using it because I sunk roughly $525 US into it. If I could get my money back, I would really think of switching to something else.
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    06-30-13 05:38 PM
    If BB10 is as horrible an experience as you all seem to think it is, why on earth are you still using it?
    Many people are no longer using it. Two friends returned the Z10. I returned the Q10. Needs significant polishing until I consider it again. Knowing Blackberry's track record that should occur by iPhone 17. LOL!
    06-30-13 11:41 PM
    Bug fixes and battery optimization!
    We need that desperately.

Pulkit Kamal a proud Z10 owner. 24F40D3B
    07-01-13 02:22 AM
    I just wish I could believe that anything ground breaking will appear with 10.2.

The BlackBerry board keeps disappointing us time after time after time.

It doesn't seem like they will figure out that they have wasted their opportunities to make a comeback until they have past the point of no return (assuming we have not already past it).

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:27 AM
46 12