I'm trying to figure that out ... They're in the same IP range and subnet. So frustrating. From working perfectly one day to waking up the next day and SIP 404.
    vincentkong likes this.
    08-28-17 12:15 AM
    Which OS?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-17 06:55 AM
    I'm running Windows 7 ... But discovered a working solution. If I connect the Passport via USB first, I can disconnect the USB after the Dashboard loads and BLEND will continue over the Local Wi-Fi. Any other attempts (without USB first) result in the SIP 404.
    vincentkong likes this.
    08-30-17 11:59 AM
    I'm running Windows 7 ... But discovered a working solution. If I connect the Passport via USB first, I can disconnect the USB after the Dashboard loads and BLEND will continue over the Local Wi-Fi. Any other attempts (without USB first) result in the SIP 404.
    Just tried it out and it worked for the first few minutes then the warning message "limited connectivity" comes up. After that, it goes back to the network error occurred message. (sigh) I had hope.
    08-30-17 12:03 PM
    Just tried it out and it worked for the first few minutes then the warning message "limited connectivity" comes up. After that, it goes back to the network error occurred message. (sigh) I had hope.
    Go into BLEND (on your Device), then Device Connection Settings. I turned OFF "Use Mobile Network". Maybe that helps to force it onto your Local Wi-Fi.
    08-30-17 12:09 PM
    Go into BLEND (on your Device), then Device Connection Settings. I turned OFF "Use Mobile Network". Maybe that helps to force it onto your Local Wi-Fi.
    Ok. I tried that. Switched off "Use Mobile Network". The results were the same. Using Windows 7 as well. So, I am not sure what is different with one setup vs. another.
    08-30-17 12:20 PM
    FYI, on my work network my Z30 works via WiFi but not my Passport. On my home network, my Passport works via either WiFi or wired. (Haven't used the Z30 with Blend on my home network.)

So I don't know what could be the determining factor in these issues. It seems the different hardware in the Passport and the Z30 makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-17 04:35 PM
    My Passport is working fine with Blend. Remember, sometimes you must turn off firewall protection to get the connection.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    08-30-17 04:45 PM
    Mine stopped working long ago :-(

Posted via CB10
    08-30-17 05:24 PM
    Blend works for me over local WiFi. Works on the Z1# and Passport SE.

Doesn't over the cellular network. Getting the SIP Error:404.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 01:20 AM
    My Passport is working fine with Blend. Remember, sometimes you must turn off firewall protection to get the connection.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Over cellular/internet or only on local wifi?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 04:16 AM
    It's only working over local WiFi for me now too.

That sucks because I prefer not hooking my phone up to my employers WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 11:24 AM
    It's only working over local WiFi for me now too.

That sucks because I prefer not hooking my phone up to my employers WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    Using the Passport OG, Blend use to work with my employer's wifi but now it doesn't. So, I initially thought my employer did something recently to the office wifi to prevent me from accessing it because it does work on my local home wifi. So, presuming that my problem is with my employer's wifi only, are we isolating the SIP error 404 as an error on the cellular network level or software issue on the BB10 hardware, i.e. Z30 vs Passport SE vs Passport OG?
    Last edited by vincentkong; 08-31-17 at 02:12 PM.
    08-31-17 11:36 AM
    I'll have to experiment more, but I think the issue has to do with cross network access..

On local WiFi it seems to work because it probably bypasses any BlackBerry servers, but if you're not on the same network, you need BlackBerry servers to connect.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 01:52 PM
    Local wi-fi.

I got the 404 on my one attempt over the cell network, but that's the same error I get when I try to connect via wi-fi with Symantec on. I will try some variations tomorrow.

08-31-17 06:24 PM
    It should work so long as your phone and Computer? Are on the same WiFi network.

At least BB Protect seems to still work for now. It's a bit slow though.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 11:55 PM
    Local WiFi - OK
    Cellular - slower and occasionally disconnects. But it can be due poor reception in my home office, happens with phone calls as well.

There are rare disconnections with WiFi as well. Resolved by going into settings and turning on/off either Blend completely or just connected computer.
    09-01-17 05:24 PM
    I couldn't find a way to Blend over the cell network.

09-01-17 07:43 PM
    I don't understand how is it possible that majority are reporting not working over cross networks (cellular, remote wifi etc) but some are saying it works. Could it be a localization issue? Servers in USA down but works in other countries?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 05:18 AM
    I've found the only way I can consistently load BLEND is to connect to USB, then disconnect the USB cable after the Dashboard loads ... The connection then hops over to the local Wi-Fi.
    09-11-17 12:50 AM
    I thought I'd just chime in and say what a step backward it was when Blend ended. It was one of my favorite and most anticipated applications/features. Is there anything similar for the new Android BlackBerries? If not, why don't they make it work as an app? I can't imagine it flopping so badly - it was so useful!
    09-13-17 11:32 AM
    Same SIP 404 error just happened to me today on my Passport which has been using Blend without a problem for the last 3 years. No changes to computer or home network made, worked last night but not this morning. Uninstalled and reinstalled Blend on computer, restarted phone. No WiFi connection at all but connects fine with USB but that kinda defeats the object !!!
    02-02-18 07:38 AM
    More in hope than expectation just tried Blend again and it connected straight away !!! Must be an intermittent BlackBerry Server issue I guess. Glad to have it back, I've come to rely on it over the last 3 years.
    02-03-18 05:57 AM
    More in hope than expectation just tried Blend again and it connected straight away !!! Must be an intermittent BlackBerry Server issue I guess. Glad to have it back, I've come to rely on it over the last 3 years.
    In my experience Blend only connects using USB or local wifi network (with your phone connected to the same wifi LAN as your PC).

It won't work over the internet (using the cellular connection) anymore as far as I know...
    02-24-18 03:42 PM
    I sometimes have to restart my PC for it to connect. Sometimes I close the application from both the desktop and the taskbar on the PC so it's totally closed and then restart.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-18 12:31 AM
52 123