I think this would take the software to the next level. Blackberry blend without the need for software installation.

Posted via CB10
    syclone1978 likes this.
    11-13-16 03:12 AM
    It's reach end of support, no more development
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-13-16 04:13 AM
    Sad news!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 10:16 AM
    Chen just talked about another device! BlackBerry is not dead and having the system online would be amazing.

Posted via CB10
    syclone1978 likes this.
    11-13-16 08:22 PM
    Chen just talked about another device! BlackBerry is not dead and having the system online would be amazing.

Posted via CB10
    No one said BlackBerry is dead. They said BlackBerry Blend is dead. An undeniable fact. - http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ble...hed-eol-status
    11-14-16 06:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blend is for BB10 devices.
    Do you think the next and or last device will be BB10?
    11-14-16 06:08 PM
    Blend is for BB10 devices.
    Do you think the next and or last device will be BB10?
    I'm hoping it will be BB10 for sure.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    11-14-16 06:38 PM
    I'm hoping that they extend Blend to iOS and Android devices. That would be nice.
    11-14-16 07:47 PM
    I'm hoping that they extend Blend to iOS and Android devices. That would be nice.
    Well considering its End Of Life that's optimistic.
    11-14-16 07:55 PM
    It was absolutely great software. On that token I don't think it will really impact my use with the phone that much. Just a small convenience that will no longer be there.

Posted via CB10
    Winstorm likes this.
    11-14-16 08:52 PM
    I already sorely miss it on vacation. I still have my semi-retired Z30 feeding blend on my computer and laptop. I took the z30 along when I was away for a week in Sept but decided not to drag it along to Arizona. I really miss having access to BBM chats and email as it arrives on the Priv also available on the large screen with the larger keyboard.

When my Privs, yes, two beep and churn while sitting at this laptop (win10), I want to open Blend. But the z30 is 1,000 miles away, sleeping.
    11-14-16 11:35 PM
    I'll be disappointed when BlackBerry Blend officially stops working. It still works for me on both laptops but probably because I haven't updated Windows 10 since anniversary update.

I like the idea of an online version as mentioned here.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    11-15-16 08:35 AM
    I've started to developed an application like AirDroid, accessing your BB via a standard Webbrowser. But it is not possible, to access data from BBM. So, a real replacement for BB Blend is not possible.
    Working with the BB Blend secured HTTPS stream is although not possible, the used nginx server on the device is not usable for a not Blend application.

I have already ask, if BB would like to establish an API for Blend on the device, but never received a response.

So, Blend is dead. "BBM over the air" seems not possible.
    11-15-16 01:40 PM
    BlackBerry should develop Blend for Android like they've done BBM, Password Keeper, and other apps. I don't think it should be restricted to the BB droids either. Let all Android users use it, but possibly hold back some advanced features to the BB phones. If people start to see BlackBerry doing cool, useful stuff like Blend, they might start to change their opinion of the company in general and be more willing to look at the BB droids.
    11-17-16 12:40 PM
    It was absolutely great software. On that token I don't think it will really impact my use with the phone that much. Just a small convenience that will no longer be there.

Posted via CB10
    I heavily depend on it so that I don't have to stare at my phone all day. Easier on the eyes and it's more efficient use for me.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    11-17-16 01:38 PM
    BlackBerry should develop Blend for Android like they've done BBM, Password Keeper, and other apps. I don't think it should be restricted to the BB droids either. Let all Android users use it, but possibly hold back some advanced features to the BB phones. If people start to see BlackBerry doing cool, useful stuff like Blend, they might start to change their opinion of the company in general and be more willing to look at the BB droids.
    Why would they develop Blend AFTER they declared it EOL?

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-17-16 02:08 PM
    I heavily depend on it so that I don't have to stare at my phone all day. Easier on the eyes and it's more efficient use for me.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I agree that is definitely had great benefits that way and I use it all day at work etc but if it was taken away tomorrow I think I'd just pick my phone up more often. I'd love for it to stay working though.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 02:53 PM
    Why would they develop Blend AFTER they declared it EOL?

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Why would WhatsApp support their BB10 client AFTER they declared it EOL for December initially? Because they reverted their decision. BlackBerry can revert theirs as well when it comes to Blend.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    syclone1978 likes this.
    11-17-16 05:14 PM
    Blend was/is a great concept and incredibly useful. I use it all the time at work to keep from having to constantly pulling my phone out to respond to text messages. I think BB should have marketed Blend much more. Rather than discontinue it, BB should have brought it to other platforms.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-18-16 12:46 PM
    Blend was/is a great concept and incredibly useful. I use it all the time at work to keep from having to constantly pulling my phone out to respond to text messages. I think BB should have marketed Blend much more. Rather than discontinue it, BB should have brought it to other platforms.
    A great concept indeed. They weren't the first with this concept but they were the first or so to really push it (at least among the established BB10 base) and Blend is awesome! :-)

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    11-18-16 04:47 PM
    No one said BlackBerry is dead. They said BlackBerry Blend is dead. An undeniable fact. - http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ble...hed-eol-status
    I freaking hate them for that. They've gone full software, surely they can spend a bit of time updating and maintaining their current customers' software.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 07:56 PM