I find the IPv6 requirement is pretty harsh as most of our routers has IPv4 and even at work environments IPv4 is still widely used so that will leave a lot of us not able to use this golden feature through WiFi which is very sad.

Network experts what do you think?
    09-15-14 05:42 AM
    I find the IPv6 requirement is pretty harsh as most of our routers has IPv4 and even at work environments IPv4 is still widely used so that will leave a lot of us not able to use this golden feature through WiFi which is very sad.

Network experts what do you think?
    Most mid and all high end networking equipment sold in the last 3 years already supports IPv6. IPv4 isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future. I have not seen a listed requirement that Blend is IPv6 only. Only a listing that it supports the protocol.
    09-15-14 07:09 AM
    I have not seen a listed requirement that Blend is IPv6 only.
    I think it was in CB blog, I remember I read it there but now I see all the requirements are not in the article. Comments speaks as if it was there too. And I read it on BlackBerry Empire as well
    Rello likes this.
    09-15-14 07:49 AM
    Bump

Guys who used Blend, is there is such requirements? IPv6 is necessary?
    10-01-14 01:32 AM
    not sure if its a requirement but it does mention alot about IPV6
    KB36035-Troubleshooting connection problems in BlackBerry Blend
    10-01-14 02:01 AM
    IPv6 is enabled, and not being blocked by anti-virus software, firewall, etc.
    That means my whole network should be running on IPv6
    10-01-14 03:28 AM
    That means my whole network should be running on IPv6
    It works fine on my LAN which is predominantly V4, but as mentioned before does support V6. So no you can mix V4 and V6.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 04:43 AM
    It works fine on my LAN which is predominantly V4, but as mentioned before does support V6. So no you can mix V4 and V6.

Posted via CB10
    So I can just keep my router on IPv4, my PC as well and it would automatically take care of everything?

Check out my photography channel
    10-01-14 05:30 AM
    So I can just keep my router on IPv4, my PC as well and it would automatically take care of everything?

Yes as long as your router supports IPv6. It doesn't have to be on a IPv6 network, just able to use that network to connect to BlackBerry's IPv6 servers. IPv4 addresses are basically sold out around the world. That's why everything is moving to IPv6. The end of IPv4 has been predicted for years so any router that has been sold in the last few years will have IPv6 support.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    10-01-14 06:53 AM
    Yes as long as your router supports IPv6. It doesn't have to be on a IPv6 network, just able to use that network to connect to BlackBerry's IPv6 servers. IPv4 addresses are basically sold out around the world. That's why everything is moving to IPv6. The end of IPv4 has been predicted for years so any router that has been sold in the last few years will have IPv6 support.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds good for me!

10-01-14 11:10 AM