I think what I'm reading here is that.

1: I think we can all agree that we all love how BlackBerry 10 functions as an OS. The peek, flow, integrated functions that other OS Ned extra apps for....

2: we all know that the app issue with BlackBerry 10 is what essentially is causing it's slow death. (along with marketing issues)

3: we want to keep BlackBerry 10 as an OS but we want the app selection of Google play.

4: we want the app selection of Google play but we want Security of BlackBerry 10.

5: We would like BlackBerry to just replace BlackBerry World with Google play with all the Google services included. And. .. still have the BlackBerry Security (not going to happen)

6: we would love BlackBerry to Re skin Android and make it more like BlackBerry 10. ( don't know if that works for them as an investment) .

So.. are solution is...

A: hold on to BlackBerry 10 and install Google play for as long as it works.

B: move over to the new Android based BlackBerry device and accept the change...

Either way.. Unless an investor walked into the board room with a bag of money and said, make bb10 again. It's not going to happen.. Google is where it's going for be..

plus.. as I posted in another thread. I still think BlackBerry will be a target in the next year for a takeover. With all the other IoT and auto markets that they are heavy into, and the boat load of patents they hold. They will be bought.

FYI. I'm holding on to the Z30 with the Google play on it until the phone becomes unusable and BlackBerry can get the Android version of their apps running better..

Posted via CB10
    So basically as BlackBerry refines and secured it's version of android, you're in..whatever replaces the DTEK60.
    06-23-17 01:37 PM
    So basically as BlackBerry refines and secured it's version of android, you're in..whatever replaces the DTEK60.
    Well. I really do not like what apple has to offer. Microsoft is way behind in the mobile phone arena... What's left.. either standard Android or a secured version that has some BB10 "like" features.

In my perfect world, I would try to get BlackBerry and Google to make an agreement to replace BlackBerry World with Google play in a BlackBerry 10 environment.

Would that sell. Maybe, that would come down to marketing dollars and how the brand will be accepted.

Honestly.. if Apple bought BlackBerry tomorrow, changed their core OS to BlackBerry 10 and replaced BlackBerry World with apples app store ... and called it IOS supreme... would all the apple people walk away? I don't think so. They would embrace it as some new and awesome... optics and brand loyalty......

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 01:54 PM
    I own PRIV and DTEK 50/60. I believe BlackBerry Android will get better over time. I like it better than BB10 even now because the ecosystem is more productive than BB10 had become as more and more apps became reliant on Google Play Store and ART 4.4 or higher. Hopefully BlackBerry will continue to improve Android including more and more of the BB10 features.
    06-23-17 03:14 PM
    Honestly.. if Apple bought BlackBerry tomorrow, changed their core OS to BlackBerry 10 and replaced BlackBerry World with apples app store ... and called it IOS supreme... would all the apple people walk away? I don't think so. They would embrace it as some new and awesome... optics and brand loyalty......
    I think users would be fairly upset when they found out the apps in the App Store don't work anymore. And developers would be even more upset when they see that the APIs available to them in BB10 are a pittance compared to what they're used to in iOS.

I'd expect to see a riot here in the Bay Area.
    kbz1960 and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    06-23-17 03:19 PM
    I think users would be fairly upset when they found out the apps in the App Store don't work anymore. And developers would be even more upset when they see that the APIs available to them in BB10 are a pittance compared to what they're used to in iOS.

I'd expect to see a riot here in the Bay Area.
    I said replace BlackBerry World with IOS app store. That means all the apps would work...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 03:27 PM
    I said replace BlackBerry World with IOS app store. That means all the apps would work...

Except that they wouldn't, because you also said replace iOS with BB10.

If you replace the OS, all the App Store apps are gone, along with the thousands of APIs they rely on.
    06-23-17 03:30 PM
    Except that they wouldn't, because you also said replace iOS with BB10.

If you replace the OS, all the App Store apps are gone, along with the thousands of APIs they rely on.

My friend. Don't think as a programmer.

What I said was...

In theory. Not how it can be done in the background...

If Apple bought BlackBerry and replaced IOS with BB10 but Kept the apple app store functioning. ( in theory apps would work)(i know they wont)..

Called the "new " software IOS supreme... how would it be accepted..

So "in a magical world " BB10 would be Re branded as IOS and all the apple users out there will show off their new phone running IOS supreme and say how revolutionary the new OS is..

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 03:48 PM
    People knee jerk their "Circular Logic" when confronted by privacy rights loss.

A person's conclusion is derived from premises based upon the conclusion.

"Abolishing privacy rights only matters to people with something to hide. People must have something to hide if they oppose abolishing privacy rights."

That's all.
    06-23-17 04:06 PM
    People knee jerk their "Circular Logic" when confronted by privacy rights loss.

A person's conclusion is derived from premises based upon the conclusion.

"Abolishing privacy rights only matters to people with something to hide. People must have something to hide if they oppose abolishing privacy rights."

That's all.
    Who's giving up their right to privacy now?
    06-23-17 04:12 PM
    Who's giving up their right to privacy now?
    I don't have an answer to your question Conite. All I did was make a statement on how people approach the loss of "privacy rights" as per psychology.

Sorry, I'm not understanding the line of questioning.
    06-23-17 04:16 PM
    We live in a world of shrinking "privacy" and people use Circular Logic to provide manufactured consent to their own privacy rights loss. Then justify it by suggesting they have nothing to hide therefore somebody who cares about privacy rights has something to hide. Now I've said the same thing twice.
    06-23-17 04:19 PM
    People have been "Snap Chatted" against their will and knowledge by millennials who must capture anything they deem to be "funny" based on people's appearance, craved attention, and everything else that comes with a society that has to constantly put down people who are different by making fun of them all the time. Using things like Snap Chat nonchalantly. That's privacy rights loss on a scale never previously known.
    06-23-17 04:22 PM
    The same way as an old DOS computer could run circles around Windows on equivalent hardware for certain applications, BB10 is much more efficient than Android for the Hub and other core (MS Exchange type) functions.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Good point. The market for BlackBerry 10 and DOS are similar. Lol.
    06-23-17 04:54 PM
    I don't think I've done anything to deserve the sarcasm.
    Your post is representative of the usual "normies ruin everything" vibe unfortunately common around CrackBerry, since the 99.9% should obviously be punished for their transgressions against BlackBerry/productivity/what have you, while the Enlightened Few(TM) bask in the glow of a tiny plastic screen that's only for emails and Word Mole. That Google/Apple/Microsoft/whoever provide useful services as a result of collection of user data might just be why they are so popular, since in the rare event BlackBerry provides a useful service it is hidden behind a paid subscription (BBM Enterprise, etc). Rest assured, your data is in no danger of interception with BlackBerry, and they value your privacy. Specifically blaming millennials for this for having the audacity to socialize and not BlackBerry fiddling while Rome burned (see: 2007-present) is why you are now Abe (not Homer) Simpson. Neither Steve Jobs, Andy Rubin, nor Mike Lazaridis are/were millennials, and yet they're the ones who dealt the heaviest blows to BlackBerry, as a company and as a platform.
    06-23-17 05:08 PM
    My friend. Don't think as a programmer.

What I said was...

In theory. Not how it can be done in the background...

If Apple bought BlackBerry and replaced IOS with BB10 but Kept the apple app store functioning. ( in theory apps would work)(i know they wont)..

Called the "new " software IOS supreme... how would it be accepted..

So "in a magical world " BB10 would be Re branded as IOS and all the apple users out there will show off their new phone running IOS supreme and say how revolutionary the new OS is..

Posted via CB10
    But that's the point. People here think that iOS is all about perception and marketing.

iOS is actually a vastly superior OS for developers and has been for years. That perspective seems to be lost here. That's why developers flocked to that platform even when they had a tiny number of users on one single carrier in just one country.

Apple would never throw out iOS for BB10 because they know better than to do something that silly.

So the answer to the theoretical question is still that if Apple adopted BB10 that would be a serious downgrade at this point, especially given that BB10 has been stagnant for a couple of years now while Android and iOS have been moving ahead constantly.
    06-23-17 05:10 PM
    People have been "Snap Chatted" against their will and knowledge by millennials who must capture anything they deem to be "funny" based on people's appearance, craved attention, and everything else that comes with a society that has to constantly put down people who are different by making fun of them all the time. Using things like Snap Chat nonchalantly. That's privacy rights loss on a scale never previously known.
    Old people have done it too with their Facebook posts and MySpace rants back in the day.
    06-23-17 05:15 PM
    Has anyone heard that BlackBerry makes Android phones now...

Just changing the subject.. lol

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and app_Developer like this.
    06-24-17 09:06 AM
    Has anyone heard that BlackBerry makes Android phones now...

Just changing the subject.. lol

Posted via CB10
    I've actually read and interesting article from Financial Business News paper that was written back in Jan 2017 about BB10. A very interesting read. Might post it as a new thread just to get feedback.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 10:43 AM
    But that's the point. People here think that iOS is all about perception and marketing.

iOS is actually a vastly superior OS for developers and has been for years. That perspective seems to be lost here. That's why developers flocked to that platform even when they had a tiny number of users on one single carrier in just one country.

Apple would never throw out iOS for BB10 because they know better than to do something that silly.

So the answer to the theoretical question is still that if Apple adopted BB10 that would be a serious downgrade at this point, especially given that BB10 has been stagnant for a couple of years now while Android and iOS have been moving ahead constantly.
    Which is why it was such a mistake for BlackBerry to not have adopted Android as the SDK for BB10 instead of Cascades. That John Chen didn't try this before licensing Google Play Services back when he took the CEO job in 2013, when ART was optional in 4.4, was yet another example of continued mismanagemen of the platform. Willingly forefitting autonomy with this decision raises many questions regarding the board's judgement and how much they tied Chen's hands.

What I have been suggesting is an attempt to fix those two mistakes. New device and a third party runtime running at Least 4.4. However, as time passes the upside is getting closer to the ground.

Of course the ultimate goal is to avoid Apple, Google and potentially Microsoft for as long as possible.
    06-24-17 01:06 PM
    What I have been suggesting is an attempt to fix those two mistakes. New device and a third party runtime running at Least 4.4. However, as time passes the upside is getting closer to the ground.
    The upside is already long buried. What you have been suggesting are merely attempts to resuscitate a rotting corpse.
    06-24-17 01:27 PM
    The upside is already long buried. What you have been suggesting are merely attempts to resuscitate a rotting corpse.
    Suggest a viable alternative that does not include Google/Alphabet, Apple or Microsoft.
    06-24-17 01:35 PM
    Suggest a viable alternative that does not include Google/Alphabet, Apple or Microsoft.
    What makes you think I have any need to do that?
    06-24-17 01:39 PM
    What makes you think I have any need to do that?
    So, you can't suggest a viable alternative to Google, Apple, or Microsoft.

Beiing negative is easy while finding solutions is hard.
    06-24-17 01:48 PM
    I don't have any interest in doing that. Explain to me why I should.
    06-24-17 02:00 PM

Beiing negative is easy while finding solutions is hard.
    No one else is interested in this so-called viable alternative. You can take Microsoft out of the mix too.
    06-24-17 02:00 PM
207 ... 6789